[Politics] Georgia, Abkhazia and S. Ossetia

Do you support Abkhazia and S. Ossetian independence?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Abkhazia and S. Ossetian independence?

• Yes
    • No

This poll requires a bit more than just a selection. It also requires a reason for your decision.

Today the UN began discussions on expanding the Abkhazian mission "within Georgia". Russia has threatened to veto the documents if the now independent state is labelled as a territory of Georgia. This leaves the west in a bit of a debacle. If they force it, the UN mission will end and the people will suffer. If they accept Russian demands, they will be forced to accept the independence of the two states. Because of the recent war, both Russia and Nicaragua accepted and recognized the independence of the two former Georgian breakaway regions. The West was quick however to condemn the recognitions while at the same time recognising the Serbian breakaway region of Kosovo. This situation is a perfect example of what the definition of a country is. On one hand the west argues that Kosovo is a subjugated nation and that Ossetia and Abkhazia are not. On the other, it's the opposite, but historically they are identical, leaving many people confused and labelling the west and Russia as hypocrites.

Therefore,

If you selected YES, what is your reason?

If you selected NO, what is your reason?

My reply: Yes, I would be a hypocrite to say no because of Kosovo. 90% of Kosovo citizens want independence, the west sais that this is the "will of the people (democracy)" but they state that 90% of Abkhazian citizens who want indepence is "Russian manipulation".

I fought in Chechnya, (right next to Georgia), and I supported Chechen independence the entire time. I think as long as an ethnic group is subject to the will of another (especially in this region) they are always subject to an ethnic cleansing. Unless you can divide Ossetia, Georgia, and Abkhazia as independent states then you will always have unrest in the area. Ethnic cleansing is an evil act, and I hated seeing the mass graves in Chechnya as well as soldiers (I never saw anyone in my unit do it) murder whoever they wanted because they thought they might be a terrorist and we never had an established ROE.

Although, I think the west has their head up their ass about the entire situation because they haven't seen the despicable acts committed in these countries.

wow. Yeah, the west thinks they know everything about things they never experienced.