'Hunch' web site will make decisions for you

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/06/15/hun...ions/index.html

It's a user-generated content site similar to Flickr, but the unit is not a photograph but a decision. And so it's sort of a similar thing in that way. We kind of built the system so people can contribute to it. They can ask questions on there and suggest questions. And then you sort of codify it into a decision tree.

but someone still has to put in the answers, right?

Well, there are two components. So you answer questions about yourself, and there's a little module that says things like, "Alien abductions: real or fake?" And what [Hunch] does is, it then puts together a profile of you, a taste profile. And then you can go into the system and ask it any question that's in the system. So it's things like, "What HD-TV should I buy?" or "Where should I go to college?" or, you know, "Where should I eat in San Diego on a Saturday night?" It could be just about anything.

real brief description of the service

I don't have any problems making any decisions. I've never had any problem making decisions, but when I go to Google and I'm looking for information, say, about trademarks. I have to do all this research, and somebody has already done this research.

i would call it something like a 'research assistance engine'

No, it's not a search engine. The feel of it is nothing like a search engine. It's something new.

because "Decision Engine" is already taken...