Activision Threatens To "Stop Supporting" Sony Consoles

I'd laugh if they abandoned PS3 support.

Just imagine, the developers of Spiderman games (movie licensed owned by Sony), refusing to make games for the same company's console.

Everyone here doesn't realise how much one big publisher/developer like this pulling out of support can change. Just look at the DreamCast and EA. The same thing could easily happen.

Even more so, I'd love to see it happen to see that smug grin from Sony fade :wub:

I would literally LOL for 6-7 hours straight if that were to happen, for the same reasons. The best would be a joint announcement by both EA and Activision :rofl:

Who would really miss a Spiderman game or James Bond game? The last good one was Goldeneye and they didn't even make it.

As for Sony record labels, pfft, again, who cares about their artists :laugh: Exaggeration on that one of course, they have their hands in too many different companies, but thank god its all seperate from the games themselves, it wouldn't make the slightest of difference I bet. Sony aren't in the position to start pulling their work out of different markets. It's not just their say either, the artists themselfs have a say in it too.

Besides, as fun as GH/RB games are to play, they include more and more teeny bopper music these days (N)

You do realize that teeny bopper market is quite huge right? But let's not exaggerate on that claim either. GH/RB are both full of a wide variety of genres.

GH/RB are stupid games anyway and people are getting sick of them. I expect people are going to rebel against them when 25 versions are released next year.

What does the size matter when the substance is p*** poor.

Anyway, not that it matters because Sony don't have that type of control either way. Activison clearly do as history has shown us with EA and the DC.

GH/RB are stupid games anyway and people are getting sick of them. I expect people are going to rebel against them when 25 versions are released next year.

Apparently not stupid enough. They continue to sell well.

So let's get this straight, shall we?

Spiderman games - no one cares

Bond games - no one cares

Guitar Hero - stupid, no one will buy it anymore

Outside of WoW and CoD, how exactly does Activision make any money whatsoever, then?

You mean CoD and WoW aren't enough? :p

2 of the biggest, best selling games for 2 generations now, with no sign of slowing down.

Not to mention Starcraft 2 is still to release.

Edit: oh and Diablo 3

I suppose if you want to scrape the barrell we still have Tony Hawks, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot as well. All started off successful on the PS format ironically. Now A.B just ship a new one every year and real in the profits.

Edit 2:plus Riddick and Ghostbusters :wub:

Yeah, A.B are pretty damn comfortable without Sony.

Apparently not stupid enough. They continue to sell well.

Yeah, because people are stupid. But even stupid people "clue in" eventually. You release a million versions of the same thing, and people eventually get tired of it.

Yeah, because people are stupid. But even stupid people "clue in" eventually. You release a million versions of the same thing, and people eventually get tired of it.

Or maybe because band games are fun to play. I don't know why they would stop selling. People aren't going to just stop enjoying playing their favorite songs.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make everyone else stupid.

-Spenser

But I don't think you quite get it. You should know damn good and well not everybody holds the game tastes in music. If the "stupid" people continue to put down the most cash, then you better bet your ass they're going to continue to milk it. Hell, look at the Michael Jackson edition coming out. Coincidence? I think not.

If your arguement really is that "people are stupid" then I'll stoop to your level by solidifying my point about Activision by calling them one of those "stupid people" groups that would begin the countdown on their own suicide by alienating the Sony userbase.

What I don't understand here is you PS3 fans don't care about A.B games, A.B don't care too much about the PS3 right now.

What's the problem? All signs point towards dropping the console support and everyone's happy :rofl:

Fact is Sony need A.B and they will have to drop the price to keep them (and other dev/pubs who follow) happy.

Mr Tretton's "one more year" gag from E3 '08 is alarmingly becoming true. Before it was the gamers speaking with their wallets and buying alternative consoles. Sony are in no position to ignore the biggest houses in gaming when they start to walk. You can only push them so far before they just pull out and concentrate on the consoles who are selling games/have the large userbase.

But I don't think you quite get it. You should know damn good and well not everybody holds the game tastes in music. If the "stupid" people continue to put down the most cash, then you better bet your ass they're going to continue to milk it. Hell, look at the Michael Jackson edition coming out. Coincidence? I think not.

If your arguement really is that "people are stupid" then I'll stoop to your level by solidifying my point about Activision by calling them one of those "stupid people" groups that would begin the countdown on their own suicide by alienating the Sony userbase.

Well of course they will milk it while they can. My point was that they can only milk it so long before people tire of it. It works that way with everything, not just games. And usually the breaking point is when companies releases too much of something and the market becomes over-saturated, which is exactly what we're seeing with music games right now.

Well of course they will milk it while they can. My point was that they can only milk it so long before people tire of it. It works that way with everything, not just games. And usually the breaking point is when companies releases too much of something and the market becomes over-saturated, which is exactly what we're seeing with music games right now.

And when the population is tired of it - they'll break out with the latest fad genre to milk next. Repeat cycle.