Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

I just saw it and I loved it, great little comedy snips and tons of action just like any Micheal Bay movie :D Oh and Megan Fox :p Can't wait for this to be on Blu-Ray..... And the twins I thought were hilarious so did almost everyone in the theater which was sold out :p

Oh did I step on your toes? Will saying "omg it was awesome!" appease fanboys such as you who are shocked and angry that there are actually people who do not think the movie is awesome (oh no how is that possible?!).

Spare me.

I didn't expect a oscar-winning story here, but there are badly-written but harmless scripts, and there are abominably-written and annoying scripts. TF2 clearly falls into the latter for me. The plot (or lack of it) is an utter train wreck, and any tiny actual semblance to a plot is simply recycled from the first movie.

I came in wanting to see some good ol' action. It's your opinion that it delivered on that front. It is mine that it did not fully. Sure, there were a few sequences that were better shot than in the first movie, but on the whole they are still poorly staged and shot, incoherent, and without clear establishing shots. A big mess really. The camera cant stay still for even a second for us the take the transformers in, and half the time I spent more time deciphering which was the autobot rather than actually enjoying the action. So if I want to watch an awesome Bay action movie, I will go watch The Rock again.

And the humour panders to the lowest denominator. Some of the most cringe-worthy attempts at humours i've seen this year.

:rolleyes:

You didn't step on my toes but i obviously stepped on yours. Nowhere in my post or any post for that matter will point to the fact that i'm in any way a fanboy so no need to try to appease me by saying anything. YOU are the one who is not really making much sense. There is nothing you got from the second movie that you couldn't EXPECT to see after the first one. Same action, same type of shots, same cheesy comic relief, same **** different movie.. and still, YOU went to see the second movie. If you didn't know what you were getting in to by going to see it, you sir are a bit slow.

And, not only did you spit the same redundant **** but you mention seeing the movie a second time, which makes me think you really enjoyed it but you just like to whine about anything you can to get a rise out of people. If you spent half your time watching this movie trying to figure out which robot was which, then please refer to my earlier statement about you being slow.

^^^While I can't place names to most of the robots while watching, I definitely thought it was easier in this second movie to tell Autobots and Decepticons apart during battles, which was nice.

@Master C, I almost **** myself when I saw that :laugh:

I'd have liked to see more of the rail gun also. They only gave us a little taste of it :D

-Spenser

deus ex machina, no continuation of the story line from Transformers 1, poor acting that looked like it was on a green screen, and typical Michael Bay explosions. I'll watch star wars I: The Phantom Menice over this s&*$. At least Jar Jar was comical, if not totally stupid.

People like you just boggle my ****ing mind man.. seriously. You went to see the movie, OBVIOUSLY with the knowledge of what you were exactly going to see and it's a fact that it delivered exactly what it's expected to deliver, you can't deny that. Unless you're going into it thinking that it's gonna have an amazing story with alot of character development and be oscar worthy then you're just naive and that's not the movie's fault. Any average Joe knows that this movie is about action, explosions and a little comedy combined with meghan fox... plain and simple. If you feel that it didn't deliver on those things, YOU are the problem, not the movie.

So I should just accept mediocracy. Just imagine what the world would be like if everyone thought like that.

I could've seen it today, but I was too sick to. Might tomorrow though, can't wait! The first one was really good - I liked it a lot. I hope the second one lives to the standards.

One thing I have to say I'm somewhat dissapointed with is the score.

It's like its missing something, that epic feel.

My fav off the first was "Arrival to Earth" but there wasn't anything like that on the Revenge of the Fallen, and for a film that was longer it had far less tracks on there compared to the first, which is a pity.

'Transformers 2' grosses record $60.6 mil at the box office on Wednesday

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is one massive movie. The Michael Bay-directed juggernaut earned an astounding $60.6 million on its opening day at the box office. No other film has earned that much money in the middle of the week, and only The Dark Knight ever banked so much in a single day (it grossed $67.2 million on opening day last summer).

How Transformers 2 will hold through the weekend will be very interesting to see. The fanboys sure came out in force on opening day. But Hollywood, hungry for a huge hit, will be closely watching whether they will return throughout the weekend. Check back later today for our full predictions in the Box Office Report.

Source - EW

-Spenser

So I should just accept mediocracy. Just imagine what the world would be like if everyone thought like that.

You're not getting it... i'm saying if you think the film is mediocre, or thought the first one was mediocre, don't go into the second one thinking it's not gonna be the same stuff, different story. You're entitled to your opinion, that's not what i'm disputing. I'm disputing the fact that you surely can't go into this film expecting things that you KNOW it's not gonna have, if you do, it's your fault not the movie. Did you see Die Hard 4? Did you go into it thinking "hmm i really wish they would change the direction around and make it less action more romance".. NO, you went to see John Mclean get his ass beat and say "yippee kiyay mother****er". See what i'm saying. Surely this being the second transformers movie you have to know what your going to see.

You didn't step on my toes but i obviously stepped on yours. Nowhere in my post or any post for that matter will point to the fact that i'm in any way a fanboy so no need to try to appease me by saying anything. YOU are the one who is not really making much sense. There is nothing you got from the second movie that you couldn't EXPECT to see after the first one. Same action, same type of shots, same cheesy comic relief, same **** different movie.. and still, YOU went to see the second movie. If you didn't know what you were getting in to by going to see it, you sir are a bit slow.

And, not only did you spit the same redundant **** but you mention seeing the movie a second time, which makes me think you really enjoyed it but you just like to whine about anything you can to get a rise out of people. If you spent half your time watching this movie trying to figure out which robot was which, then please refer to my earlier statement about you being slow.

You're right. The first wasn't very good, and the action didn't deliver. But it was the first one, and the CGI still held its charm. No such thing here.

And you obviously dont believe in giving people second chances, which is what I did by hoping Bay would improve on the action scenes. His earlier action movies were mostly entertaining fluff with great action, and I liked them. Well some of the action scenes were better here, but the others are just as bad as the first, and the culmination of more annoying characters, extremely weak humour, and dreadful writing meant that Bay took that chance, threw it in the bin and proceeded to relentlessly hammer my brain in.

And I'm sorry our argument is in such a tone, but you started it off with that very aggressive post. The problem isn't me, it's Bay. I agree with Roger Ebert, that he's evolving in the wrong direction. It seems he doesn't know how to stage and shoot proper action scenes anymore.

Kevin - who is anticipating a "so you agree with Roger Ebert, that makes all your opinions null" reply soon.

Plus, your logic of "if you didn't like the first one, don't comment on the second" is very flawed. You might have some point if I didn't like the whole summer-action genre, but I do. If Bay made 5 turgid Transformers movies and I still went ahead and saw the 6th, it's understandable to call me stupid for wasting my time and money, but I'm still perfectly entitled to post about my opinions about how awful the 6th is.

I will not be looking forward to the next movie, especially not if Bay is still at the helm, but will probably still go watch it since almost all my friends are crazy about the Tranformers movies. One can simply compare the action sequences here to... say, Spielberg's War of the Worlds. The visuals and camerawork in that one were a joy to watch, and the CGI and explosions are used necessarily, not mandatorily.

Note: I'm not saying WotW is a great movie. It has very bad writing of its own.

Like i said earlier, you are very much entitled to your opinions on the flick, if you thought it was garbage, that's ok. What drives me nuts is that you saw the first one, maybe you liked it, maybe not.. but it was a huge movie, made tons of money, it delivered on what it was supposed to deliver on, most people saw the movie for what it was as i said before (action, comedy, explosions, meghan fox) So you're going into the second one, as you said giving a second chance, but the thing is for most people the first movie was perfect so you had to know they were going to deliver the same stuff and in my opinion they did, three fold. I had fun watching it without picking apart the action scenes or trying to figure out who's who.. it was a alot of action that kept me entertained and that was my expectation going in. Without sounding as harsh as i did earlier (sorry) this is my point when i say, if YOU go into this movie expecting more then it's YOUR fault, not michael bay or the movie. If there is another transformers movie, i'm positive it will be done by Bay because even though you disagree there are 60million americans that you will most likely see it on opening day because they don't have unreal expectations.

I enjoyed it. There is no one, IMO, better equipped to handle the franchise than Michael Bay. It's supposed to be a testosterone fest and Bay delivered. Sure, the Twins were a little annoying and I'm not sure I buy the whole "robot disguised as a hot blonde chick" thing, but that's writing not directing. Bay knows what he's doing and he delivered on an epic scale.

Awesome movie, I expected a massive action movie with some cheesy humour and tons of explosions and you know what? I got that, I got that times a million! The CGI effects are incredible to say the least and the action is just non-stop, perfect summer movie - 9/10

I saw this movie Thursday night and I loved it! So much I didn't expect to see. 10/10. I hope Michael Bay returns for another. Kinda leaves off showing there will be.

I say screw all the critics that gave him bad reviews.

Watched it last night, the battle in the forest with Prime was epic and on the action front it totally delivered + more on top! :woot:

I really enjoyed it :happy:

Radish?

I'm SO going to get his for Blu-Ray when it comes out.

I died a little inside when Optimus Prime died, but something told me that he would be back

Thought it was great. A few things would have made it better. In the first movie megatron was a lot bigger than prime and in this they are the same size which really isn't that big of a deal. I would have also liked to see I better introduction to the new autobots that were included. The first movie gave a good intro to them and their primary jobs such as repair, weapons, etc... This one didn't really do anything of that sort.

Like i said earlier, you are very much entitled to your opinions on the flick, if you thought it was garbage, that's ok. What drives me nuts is that you saw the first one, maybe you liked it, maybe not.. but it was a huge movie, made tons of money, it delivered on what it was supposed to deliver on, most people saw the movie for what it was as i said before (action, comedy, explosions, meghan fox) So you're going into the second one, as you said giving a second chance, but the thing is for most people the first movie was perfect so you had to know they were going to deliver the same stuff and in my opinion they did, three fold. I had fun watching it without picking apart the action scenes or trying to figure out who's who.. it was a alot of action that kept me entertained and that was my expectation going in. Without sounding as harsh as i did earlier (sorry) this is my point when i say, if YOU go into this movie expecting more then it's YOUR fault, not michael bay or the movie. If there is another transformers movie, i'm positive it will be done by Bay because even though you disagree there are 60million americans that you will most likely see it on opening day because they don't have unreal expectations.

You might have a point about many people liking the movies, but that doesn't mean they are correct. ;)

If Bay had actually listened to the critics, he could have made a movie that was more enjoyable to both the fans and the naysayers. I didnt have high expectations when I went in, in fact they were very low, which is probably why I came out of the theater very mildly entertained. But I did hope Bay learned from his mistakes from the first movie, and everytime I discuss about TF2, I feel my dislike towards it growing. It really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Anyway I dont think there is much to discuss here anymore. It's obvious you and I disagree about everything about the movie, so lets just leave it at that.

(unless you still want to continue :p)

nah we're good..heh We have different opinions on the movie but unlike a few others on neowin it doesn't actually result in name calling and stuff.. so thumbs up to you. :)

Megan Fox is hot! Holy s***!

I almost cried when Optimus died. My world was fallen apart, seriously.

Good movie, 10/10. I wonder HOW IN THE EARTH they manage to do such visual and sound effects, just amazing man!