Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

So my wife and I went to see it Friday for our 10 yr Anniversary and both loved it. 10/10 (Y) My wife really enjoyed it.. I only have 1 REAL problem with the movie

Why in the hell did they add the human decepticon chick? I mean come on, if a Transformer can look like a human, then why in the hell do we have all of the transformers trying to "blend in with the human race unnoticed as cars and trucks and everything else? Why can't ALL of them look like humans? I mean that was just stupid, they screwed up my entire love for the movie because of that 1 part.

Yeah the fact that she added nothing to the story either mad me wonder. Plus, i think they went over board with the hole 'making her look bad ass' kinda thing

So you know what a great president once said: "There's an old saying in Tennessee ? I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee ? that says, fool me once, shame on ? shame on you. Fool me ? you can't get fooled again."

A 'great' president? I am still waiting on your /sarcasm end tag.....

I liked the movie. Though I'm always irritated by the pilots who employ the swirling fly tactic*.

Where they feel compelled to fly within several feet of their attacker because nobody ever told them they can fire their weapons from several kilometers away and in some cases, beyond visual range.

wow... 4/10 ... just horrible .. way worse than the first

huge negatives for me:

- the mother scene with the pot brownies (why was this not cut in the editting room?)

- the female transformer

- the "twins", jar jar is now not the most annoying cgi character.. a bad racial stereotype, horrific vocal and character design, and the movie gives them nearly as much time as optimus prime. One has a gold tooth. lame!

- Transformers/Decepticons are machines—but they're grown in organic egg-like sacs?

- the crappy plot ?

- bodily functions ... on machines?? no no no ... and the movie shows so every chance it gets (cry, spit, etc). At one point you even see a robot's swinging testicles, and a character remarks on them. so the audience laughs?

- the retarded military... machine guns vs big ass robot.. come on?

actually now that i think more about it.... 2/10 .. and only due to the hot portrayal of megan fox

Edited by WolfDV

wow... 4/10 ... just horrible .. way worse than the first

huge negatives for me:

- the mother scene with the pot brownies (why was this not cut in the editting room?)

- the female transformer

- the "twins", jar jar is now not the most annoying cgi character.. a bad racial stereotype, horrific vocal and character design, and the movie gives them nearly as much time as optimus prime. One has a gold tooth. lame!

- Transformers/Decepticons are machines?but they're grown in organic egg-like sacs?

- the crappy plot ?

- bodily functions ... on machines?? no no no ... and the movie shows so every chance it gets (cry, spit, etc). At one point you see a robot's swinging testicles, and a character remarks on them. The audience laughs.

- the retarded military... machine guns vs big ass robot.. come on?

actually now that i think more about it.... 2/10 .. and only due to the hot portrayal of megan fox

thanks to the spoiler tags. really thank you

I watched the sneak peak and I found it enjoyable. I plan on watching it again because I dozed off near the end of the movie. Overall though, I think the first one is the best.

LOS ANGELES -- Alien robots have transformed into box-office superstars with $200 million in domestic ticket sales in just five days.

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" took in $112 million in the sequel's first weekend and $201.2 million since opening Wednesday, according to Sunday estimates from Paramount, which is distributing the DreamWorks movie.

That was a few million dollars higher than other studios were tracking the movie, and the figures could change a bit when final numbers are released Monday.

Still, it was a colossal start for the "Transformers" sequel, whose opening five days amounted to nearly two-thirds of the $319 million domestic total the franchise's first movie did over its entire run in 2007.

Now playing in almost every other country except India, the movie added $185.8 million overseas, for a worldwide total of $387 million. That's well over half the $708 million global total for the first "Transformers."

.That first movie began with a $70.5 million weekend. Based on how well the sequel has done, "Revenge of the Fallen" could join the handful of movies that have topped the $400 million mark domestically.

"I'd say given the momentum it has, it's got a real shot," said Rob Moore, vice chairman at Paramount.

For the first five days, the "Transformers" sequel was second only to last summer's "The Dark Knight" with $203.8 million.

This was the biggest opening weekend of this year, surpassing the $85.1 million debut of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" in early May.

The sequel began with $60.6 million on its opening day Wednesday. That also was second only to "The Dark Knight," which had the biggest box-office day ever with $67.2 million on opening day.

With a $13 million weekend, Disney and Pixar Animation's "Up" became the year's top-grossing film domestically at $250.2 million. It surpassed Paramount's "Star Trek," which did $3.6 million over the weekend to hit a $246.2 million total.

The reign of "Up" at the top of the year's box-office chart will be short-lived, though. The "Transformers" sequel should shoot past it in a matter of days.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Hollywood.com. Final figures will be released Monday.

Transformers Tops the Box Office

$200M domestically. Michael Bay is so not done directing action movies :p

-Spenser

A mess. It's a love/hate thing. Some plot stuff:

- The transformer chick felt very terminatrix. And it made no sense.

- As mentioned before.. transformers being grown like they come from eggs or something?

- Couldn't sam kept the piece of the cube he had to revive optimus instead of the whole egypt thing? because the fragment dissapeared when they revived that old decepticon, but it surely didnt dissapear when it turned all the kitchenware into transformers

- how was that tomb supposed to keep the fallen or anybody else from getting that dagger thingy? I mean, why did they have to sacrifice themselves?

- and the whole "you dont get it, you earn it" thing was very harry potter and the philosopher's /sorcerer's stone. seriously.

- the worse part was the whole battle until they get to optimus. how long did that take? an entire hour ??? I mean i loved the rest, but come on

Edited by Julius Caro

Well you gotta give it some lee way, I mean it is based on a children's cartoon, so it's gotta appeal to them as well. The twins really aren't as bad as people make them out to be, they're just light comic relief.

Saw it Thursday with some friends and went back today to see it again with the old man and we both agree it is better than the first. As I said before this movie was non-stop action and def. delivered on a kick ass movie, I never went into this movie expecting a Oscar worthy screenplay just a high octane thrill ride :D Def must buy on Blu-Ray and I am gonna pick up the original on Blu ray this week, it's on sale for $20 :)

Well you gotta give it some lee way, I mean it is based on a children's cartoon, so it's gotta appeal to them as well. The twins really aren't as bad as people make them out to be, they're just light comic relief.

Completely agree :) I personally loved them :D

Appeal to them? :laugh:

Children should not be watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It's riddled with sexual innuendo. I'm surprised it was rated PG-13.

Appeal to them? :laugh:

Children should not be watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It's riddled with sexual innuendo. I'm surprised it was rated PG-13.

please just try having a conversation with a kid they already know all the innuendoes

Saw this in IMAX yestarday(saturday) and let me tell you ****ING AWESOME. It was INTENSE. I hated the whole "oOoOoO look at me im megan fox doing a "baywatch" scene oOoOoOo". That was rediculous. I liked the whole movie. But her dressing up like a hoochie/slut/###### was just rediculous.

But, me/gf/friends all loved it. We were HAPPY that it being our first IMAX movie, it was very much worth the $12.50!

I mean Action, robots, GREAT effects and directing made it awesome. None of the angels were bad. Fighting was intense. The RAILGUN(prototype secret gun) was crazy. Wow, I expected the government to have something to stop robots, but that was just brutal. It OWNED the robot on the pyramid.

Anyway, this movie was amazing. I will continue to see Michael Bay movies and Transformers.

please just try having a conversation with a kid they already know all the innuendoes

lol its so true

but alot of parents live in a bubble

i saw the movie though this weekend and i liked it alot

The sequel did better than the first one.

While the entire film did continue the tradition of awful comedic relief, I was pleasantly surprised by the second half of this huge actionfest. The amazing battle that covers roughly forty-five minutes at the end was entirely fun to watch, no matter how people criticize Michael Bay's action scenes.

Certainly, the first half stumbled with agonizing attempts at both humour and character development, and there were parts that had my eyes rolling. In particular, the idea behind the Matrix of Leadership was nothing more than a gagging half-inspirational try for character development to have Sam the biggest hero, as well as the idiotic use of an elderly Autobot being ill-advised.

However, like the first film, while it was filled with a great deal of area to criticize (I cannot stress how often comedic relief is used, and how poor it is), this one stands out with an incredible action flick. Screw those details that I nitpicked, or even the first half of the movie for how poorly it was done, and ignore critics who pan it as an awful movie. I did not go to the movie to watch Tom Hanks cry or watch a couple fall in love, I went to see giant robots fight with explosions and one-liners from said robots. It accomplished that. We can nitpick repeatedly, but the action scenes were awesome.

Simply because of the first half, I only give the film a 6 out of 10, but I recommend going to see it.

I did not go to the movie to watch Tom Hanks cry or watch a couple fall in love, I went to see giant robots fight with explosions and one-liners from said robots.

Exactly. I went to see giant robots fight and beat the crap out of each other and that's exactly what we got!

Saw this in IMAX yestarday(saturday) and let me tell you ****ING AWESOME. It was INTENSE. I hated the whole "oOoOoO look at me im megan fox doing a "baywatch" scene oOoOoOo". That was rediculous. I liked the whole movie. But her dressing up like a hoochie/slut/###### was just rediculous

Your only saying that because your girlfriend was watching you type that.. come on admit it.. LMAO :p

I'm surprised that people are surprised that some movies MAY seem to borrow from other movies. Since when has that NOT happened? If someone can honestly prove to

me that a director hasn't adapted or mimicked another director's style, then I will be quiet...but until then, come on. Yes, the movie had lots of action and it was a popcorn

action flick, but the constant nitpicking is nothing new. People still buy boxed sets of ST:TNG and there are books written on the nitpicks of the series.

About 3/10 here.

To be honest this was worse than the first, mainly because it no longer has that whole "OMFG Transformers" that was there with the build up to the first film. The same god awful jokes were there for the entire film and it generally just dragged its feet at part. Yet again there is at least one, maybe more characters that get considerable screen time that really served no purpose in the story at all and could have been removed to save a good amount of time (I'm looking squarely at the housemate Shia moves in with near the start).

And I'm all for silly plots but this was just plain stupid. The fact he had a part of the All Spark in one of his favorite jackets after the completion of the first film and noone thought to check for those sorts of things? The scene where a character sees robots as they are about to die and the fact that the very final fight lasts all of about three seconds (not counting the time it took to get there). Yeah. All rather Meh.

Doesn't help that Michael Bay still likes to have the camera zoomed right in on the action rather than letting you see anything. I could go on but I won't but in summary poor script, plot and directing. The special effects were fine but I can see fancy fights in any number of other films so without the plot elements it all fell flat and left me asking "why do I care?".

Doesn't help that Michael Bay still likes to have the camera zoomed right in on the action rather than letting you see anything.

Whoa! Hold your horses there - in comparison to first installment most of the shots were rock steady and quite wide. Atleast steady enough for one to clearly see whats happening. Battles like that would be total chaos, and that's what bay is good at - filming organized chaos.