How to move cable connection to another room?

I want to move my home theatre out of the family room into a bedroom I will convert as a dedicated home theatre. However, the problem is I do not have a connection for my cable in that room, and running a cable from the room beside it seems like it will be a huge hassle, considering I don't want wires littering all over the floors and I don't want to rip my walls apart.

So is their a way I can have almost a "wireless" cable setup? Have a box or something that plugs into the coaxial output in the room with the cable connection and basically have something hooked up to the television in the room without the coaxial output?

Another thing I can do is just convert it into a home theatre without cable...its going to suck when I want to watch Canucks on TV though :(

Do I have any options as to make this work?

You could get a wireless A/V sender, which would tack onto the output of your cable box, but the best option is just to move the wire.

Is there no way you can move the wire?

I'd have to have the cable stretching throughout the bedroom next to the room I want the home theatre in. I don't have a cable box, its basically straight coaxial out of the wall into my TV :(

Is there's attic space above the room where you want to move it to? If so it's easy to move the line. All you need in a hole large enough to fit a remodel box in your wall.

Find a wall cavity where you want the outlet located, take a metal coat hanger and use the long straight part, push (may need to tap it with a hammer) it throught the celing where it meets the wall, you can fill the small hole later with a dab of caulk.

Go into the attic and find where it's sticking up (it may help if someone wiggles it), locate the top plate of the wall (should be right next to where the coat hanger came through).

Use a 3/4" paddle bit or auger bit to drill a hole in the center of the 2x4

Then just feed the new line down through the hole until someone at the other end can grab it. Pull enough slack to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of times cable companies when they have to wire an old house will do it from the outside. You just need a simple 1/2" hole maybe and some foam sealer to fill in the gap(about $5). Then you run the cable along the lines of the home, and can just paint it to match if you want.