[Official] Battlefield 1943

I love how the tanks are strong, but they're not unstoppable like they were in BF1942. Back in those days, if you were on foot and a tank rolled up nearby, you basically had to accept your fate (or if FF is off, you could pray for a bomber to swoop down and save your ass). It was realistic, but it wasn't particularly fun. In 1943, I've managed to take out tanks by myself (with the anti-tank launcher), and I'm not a great player by any stretch.

Lol back in 1942 some douchebag would always take the B-17 or its Axis counterpart and take off immediately, leaving the rest of the slots unused.

Stupid air bomb siren is stuck in my head.

This game is a great buy at $15 bucks but I can't help to grudge on it for it feeling half finished.

Pretty fun, but it won't last.

Well it was never meant to be a game in the first place, so it's not bad considering.

:rofl:

Total time played

6h 38m 52s

Total score

Leaderboard placement

Kills

Deaths

Games played

Wins

Losses

Score per minute

It shows I have never even played the game....

EDIT: Nevermind logged in with wrong account :D

Edited by NoLiMiT06

The soldier stats are now active again

http://www.battlefield1943.com/soldier

Man...my ratio LOL

Mine is not much better, still in the negative, but it is at least better LOL

I have one less death than you, but I also have almost twice as many kills.

Mine's right around the 1:1 area, roughly. I think I could get it quite a bit higher if I played the infantry class the whole time, but I like going for all the awards :)

I think I should stop using such a noob class such as infantry and just go with rifleman to up my ratio

IMO, none of the classes are "noob" classes. Each just plays fairly differently and takes getting used to. I suck at the scout (sniper), but a good sniper can dominate a game.

Yeah they are all pretty balanced, but I can't stand the grenade launcher, it's way too over powered.

The SMG is better than the guns in BC but still feels underpowered, it can take a while to kill people with direct hits strangely.

It was never meant to be a game? What?
I think he meant to say full game or something along those lines.
Oh, gotcha.

What I meant was that originally it was just a time-waster come testing platform after they finished with Bad Company. They had nothing solid in the pipeworks and started messing around with Frostbite on classic maps. They ended up having so much fun that they decided to perfect it and end up with a game they could sell. It was in one of the dev documentaries a while back.

I've got every achievement now except for Tour of Duty 1 (30 games played) and Tour of Duty 2 (duh) but the 1st one I should hit tonight or tomorrow I would assume since I'm at about 24-25 games so far.

Quite happy actually since I don't usually aim or even care about achievements all that much. It's nice to see 160/200 though next to 1943 :D

Yeah they are all pretty balanced, but I can't stand the grenade launcher, it's way too over powered.

The SMG is better than the guns in BC but still feels underpowered, it can take a while to kill people with direct hits strangely.

Yeah I have to say the SMG is quite strange and sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own.

Sometime I unload a full clip on someone and for whatever reason do not get the kill, but in a round I played before, I was able to kill 3 enemies with one clip, almost had the 4th but had to reload. I did not get a headshot on any either I do not believe, but it was really close quarters so that definitely helped.

Yeah I have to say the SMG is quite strange and sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own.

Sometime I unload a full clip on someone and for whatever reason do not get the kill, but in a round I played before, I was able to kill 3 enemies with one clip, almost had the 4th but had to reload. I did not get a headshot on any either I do not believe, but it was really close quarters so that definitely helped.

Yup.

Sometimes I can kill a guy from a long distance (like, sniper long) away, yet others I'll unload an entire clip on a guy point-blank and won't kill him. And sometimes I'll be point blank and it'll take one shot to a guy that just spawned, for example. :laugh:

On a totally different note, the Veterans system is still nowhere near perfect. Althought it claims the 1943 will fill it out automatically for you, it does not.

Not only that, I should be a Veteran of every BF game, but even when I went to the Official Veterans Site to put my games in yet again (I had already done it for Bad Company as well), only some of the games work. It tells me all but one of my 1942 games and also BF Vietnam have already been claimed by another person, and for those games you have to enter the serial. I can only suspect they have already been "claimed" by myself actually, cause I actually remembering them working for Bad Company. The only thing I can think of is I did that under one of my other EA accounts, but that is the thing, all of my EA accounts are ALL tied to the same email-address, so when I log in with the one email it lets me control all of my EA accounts ever. Just annoying is all. LOL

The only positive is once I got them hooked up on that veterans site, the ones I could, they are now showing up underneath my BF 1943 soldier page. On a mission to get them all on there LOL

Yup.

Sometimes I can kill a guy from a long distance (like, sniper long) away, yet others I'll unload an entire clip on a guy point-blank and won't kill him. And sometimes I'll be point blank and it'll take one shot to a guy that just spawned, for example. :laugh:

51840105.jpg

I'm totally wanting to get this, but I don't want to deal with the MS points garbage. Why can't they just sell 1200 points, or better yet, simply let me buy the game directly from my CC? No way in hell I'm buying 2k points when I only need 1200.