[Official] Battlefield 1943

What console are you playing on?

360 it is already opened, and PS3 I would say within a few days, it is right at 30,713,472

@ Boz - Thanks for the long feedback. If you do make the videos let me know, as I am still on the fence as you said there are still some issues, etc. Truth is reason consoles appeal to me nowadays is I can put the game in and play, no tweaking settings, etc. etc. Which is key for me since I do not get much time to play these days. I am lucky when I get two hours in a row. It sucks but it is how it is.

@ LOC - Does JO work on Vista? I am assuming it does, so maybe I can install it and give it a whirl one day soon.

360, I'll give it a go tonight if I can and check it out.

Yeah I have to say the SMG is quite strange and sometimes seems to have a mind of it's own.

Sometime I unload a full clip on someone and for whatever reason do not get the kill, but in a round I played before, I was able to kill 3 enemies with one clip, almost had the 4th but had to reload. I did not get a headshot on any either I do not believe, but it was really close quarters so that definitely helped.

Well, you gotta think of their health level as well. They may already have been injured before you started to pwn

i mostly ignore taking a plane, if there is a plane there, ill grab a tank, jeep, or run in that order

Yeah I was gonna say, there has always been idiots in BF games crashing planes, helicopters etc.

So annoying when people would take them in BF2 just to jump out on top of a building and snipe. They are way too valuable to be wasted like that.

This sums up most matches...

20090717.jpg

After the first few days, I haven't seen this atall. Usually after the first wave of respawns at the start of the map, barely anyone respawns at the airfields (except on that one map with the lighthouse). So if you wanna take a plane, just respawn at one of the carriers and you're almost guaranteed to get one because everyone else will be on the island fighting.

Take it you've never played BF1942, BF2 or the previous installments?

Not only did he play all of the series, he is the person who got me into them introducing me to 1942. Out of the 150 hours I played BF2, I played 125 of them with jerzdawg.

I have come across quite a few bugs while playing the last couple of days. There's the reload bug (which can be used as an exploit I would take it?), the sound cutting out bug as we've all heard (or not heard lol) and quite a few others.

The sound cutting out and the texture tearing/disappearing needs to be fixed asap along with the reload bug.

Yeah I noticed the reload "bug" for the rocket launcher, but it turns out it's not really a bug. Massive I think was the one to correct me.

You can fire the rocket launcher, switch weapon, then switch back to the rocket launcher and it would appear to be reloaded. However it's not and you still need to wait for the timer. If you try to fire it, it won't do anything.

Unless you've found a different reload glitch?

Not only did he play all of the series, he is the person who got me into them introducing me to 1942. Out of the 150 hours I played BF2, I played 125 of them with jerzdawg.

In which case he shouldn't be surprised then.

Ironically I have no trouble getting planes in regular bf1943, but in the ****ing AIR SUPERIORITY MODE I am stuck on the boat while 2 planes are on the one across from me unoccupied.

I have come across quite a few bugs while playing the last couple of days. There's the reload bug (which can be used as an exploit I would take it?), the sound cutting out bug as we've all heard (or not heard lol) and quite a few others.

The sound cutting out and the texture tearing/disappearing needs to be fixed asap along with the reload bug.

they aren't going to fix tearing its in bad company as well.

In which case he shouldn't be surprised then.

Thats the thing, who said he was surprised?? All I see is him saying "This sums up most matches"

I really just think he was just presenting the pretty funny comic to give us all a LOL, and wasn't really surprised

Finally.

they srsly need to fix the plane spawn system in air superiority though, its absolutely retarded. Shouldn't have even made it past play testing in the state its in.

Thats the thing, who said he was surprised?? All I see is him saying "This sums up most matches"

Finally.

Thanks DL.. yea I just thought it was a funny comic... as other have mentioned I usually go on foot.... jump in a tank/jeep when available... I am unable to effectively fly a plane where it will benefit my team... i think it was a great idea to release this game on xbla... my only fear is EA will now slowly release the additional maps at 800 points for 2 or 3 maps...

they aren't going to fix tearing its in bad company as well.

Odd, I've never see it in BC. Oh well, screw them for not fixing it in 1943 then lol

Just a nice 1943 video I saw someone post over on VE3D. It's more or less a skill video lol but it's neat either way. Might sway some of you who haven't tried the game, or only the demo perhaps. Dunno, just thought someone might like it.

And here is an achievement overview vid I just found:

As bad as it sounds, I would pay $10 for additional maps, and would get excited if they added gold rush mode

i def would too honestly... and one interesting thing to note... these maps are just based on the japanese side of the war... they very well may release some other "sides" is my thinking...

I would feel better about paying $10 for new maps on a cheap game like this than I would paying $10 for 3-4 maps for a game I already paid $60 for, not to mention how fun this is!