[Official] Battlefield 1943

Well I am sad... I got to go to work now and tomorrow. But I am off Fri and Sat :D See you guys later!

Does anyone know if the trial is limited to 30 mins per session (and then you gotta back out to the dashboard and restart the game) or actually limited to 30 minutes total for the demo?

Ah, so anotherwords, if I see you in a game (since you already bought the game) I could actually join you and play with you? That's pretty cool actually. I can live with the 30 min time limit then.

From their twitter account.

# Another Good News, the Packet loss is Data Center network issue, not game or server caused or related. Keep playing to help us sort it.4 minutes ago from web

#

Bad News, Europe is having heavy Packet Loss causing lag, Good news, we are aware and putting fixes in place as I type. This will be fixed.5 minutes ago from web

@LOC, I think they keep demo players and buyers seperate. If you see a friend playing the trial you can join them though. I know the previous BF games worked like that on the 360.

NO I MUST BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH PPL WHO BOUGHT THE GAME!!!!

Oops sorry, got excited.

Then again, it can't be any worse than the problems I'm having trying to play SF4 with a friend on the PC. It's apparently impossible to get a friend into a game over GFWL. I sure would like to know how to do it lol

Finished :woot:

Time to pwn some nubs!

LOL this made me laugh

Report back asap regarding the hit detection.

this too :D

Gah, the servers won't even let you join games now. I was just DC'd and I was kicking ass all over the place. It locked up my 360 :(

@LOC, ok my friend has told me that there is only 30 mins total. It's not per session.

I guess they are changing from previous demos and stopping the free loading.

Damn it all, I have the day off but have a whole bunch of errands I have to do today and on top of that of course my wife is also home not feeling good at all. I will def be playing tonight, that is for sure, and am going to try my best to get on within 3-5 hours...

so how is it minus lag issues? I love the BF series on PC (have them all) but now that I am trying to convert to a xbox gamer, this would be my first BF purchase for it.

So I can not buy this in the store? It's strickly a download?

599mb for the ENTIRE game? WOW PC version would be like 5gigs!!

How much is 800 MS points in real cash?

It's 1200 points, not 800.

1200 points = $15.

Also it's not a full game remember, that's why it's only 559MB. There is 3 classes and 3 maps (with a 4th to unlock). It's pretty much a step up from BF Heroes but not on par with the proper full games ala BFBC, BF2 etc.

The servers are overwhelmed right now and it's almost impossible to connect. They are adding more as we speak and giving 360 gamers priority while they plan for tomorrow's PSN release.

I got to play about 7 or 8 lag-free rounds earlier, and my verdict is, I LOVE IT :D

They've kept things really simple this time round (two factions, three kits, unlimited ammo, no unlocks, and the Garand can reload without having to empty the clip) and everything is superbly balanced. The bombing raids are supremely powerful but you get plenty of warning about them. Rifle grenades work okay at best, so they aren't being spammed. Being caught off guard as a Scout at close range actually leaves you vulnerable, where in most games they have plenty of options to deal with surprise attacks. The health system is generous but fair for the weapons being used - obviously, headshots are one-hit kills. Hit detection is fine as far as I can tell. Planes are fun, tanks aren't stupidly powerful thanks to the level design, the squad system works, and there are plenty of awards to get through when you're done with the achievements. All in all, worth more than 1200 points imo.

damn consolers. I'm hiding from all things 1943 until the pc version :)

in the meantime, i'm playing AIX2.0 mod for bf2 with bots/co-op with a friend. It's great, but it ISNT ww2 ;)

I just hope they make the PC version a bit less console than the err, console version.

Enjoy it peeps, i loved 1942 when that came out, many many moons ago :) I cant see how it will work with your spazpads and no keyboard, but hey.... :)

Edited by ZombieFly

I cant see how it will work with your spazpads and no keyboard, but hey.... :)

Because we're 1337 and can use more than one type of input device. Who are the real "spazs" :p