12 Michael Jackson fans have committed suicide over grief

+1

I nominate those idiots for a collective Darwin Award - they improved the gene pool by removing themselves from it :yes:

I second the nomination. One has to be a total idiot or a complete nutcase to go and do something so stupid.

I think alot of people here are kind of jealous that they would never have such influence over other people :laugh:

people shouldn't commit suicide but no one here has any right to deem it pointless they lost someone dear to their hearts and they couldn't bear the emotional pain and they ended their life

this doesn't mean there mental or have some form of illness thats just insane of you to think such a thing there raw emotions got the better of them and thats were rational thinking disappears just like when you get drunk and say/do something that you know was stupid and would regret it later (if you were still alive)

did they say how they committed suicide?

Obviously they had issues prior to MJ dieing, that was probably the last push they needed.

You have these nutjobs for every celeb, it's just the probability of someone killing themselves goes up often depending on the popularity of the celeb.

I have been rigorously researching this phenomenon. Here's a graph I've been working on for the past few days to illustrate my point:

untitlesd.jpg

Just sounds like 12 people were waiting on a reason/justification to take their own lives.

Sad to hear, but more sad in the sense of why....

Obviously they had issues prior to MJ dieing, that was probably the last push they needed.

no again for most people hes been there for their entire life they grew up listening to his music its sad but understandable they don't necessarily have issues like you assume

no again for most people hes been there for their entire life they grew up listening to his music its sad but understandable they don't necessarily have issues like you assume

No, it's not understandable. What part of killing yourself over a childhood memory is a valid reason? Instead of going "Wow, my childhood memories feel like they disappeared when MJ died... I'll grieve for him", they ran over a few lines while crossing several signs that said "DON'T KILL YOURSELF! IT'S JUST A 80's/90's POP IDOL!" and committed suicide.

I guess they've been hit by... a smooth criminal. /crotch grab + hip thrust

Sorry, but someone that commits suicide over a celebrity dying does have issues. For anyone to think these people were in their right mind....well, is in the same crowd.

I remember when Kurt Cobain decided (or Courtney did it, who the F knows) to eat a shotgun lunch, so many people went and hung themselves in their bedroom closets. I enjoy music on a level that few people do, I am bored to tears if something isn't playing either in the background or on my iPhone, but what the hell drives people to mass suicide like this?

It scares me how shallow some people can be.

Oh, and that picture of the two girls crying, I also had to laugh hysterically, because I doubt either of them were even alive when Thriller came out. Lame.

It reminds me of a bit Dave Chappelle did about one of MJ's alleged victims, who at the age of 10 said it was his dying wish to meet Michael Jackson??? Come on man, that's like my 35 year old ass saying I want to meet The Big Bopper, who had been dead for 14.4 years before I was even born!

Oh, and that picture of the two girls crying, I also had to laugh hysterically, because I doubt either of them were even alive when Thriller came out. Lame.

So people who were not born when a particular album came out can't be fans and be touched by his music?

Your logic is impeccable and obviously sound.

people are so pathetic

+1

I think it was inevitable that there would be some people who would commit suicide after Michael Jackson's death.