12 Michael Jackson fans have committed suicide over grief

I've never understood this level of fanaticism over ANYthing. Not just these tragic suicides... But people getting all emotional over just SEEING their beloved famous person, not to mention throwing undergarments at them, and fainting and all that other whacked out stuff they do.

MJ's music was mostly good, and sure it's sad that he died so young, but I don't really CARE that he's dead, because I didn't know him, he wasn't a family member, friend, or even a work colleague, so I really can't bring myself to actually be upset over it...

Hell... I had a MASSIVE crush on Farrah Fawcett back in the 80's, but did I so much as twitch when she died a few days ago? Not really...

What makes this story and MJs death so funny is the fact he was an "alleged" weirdo pedophile and yes, the media portrayed him as a weirdo since the late 80's over his hyperbaric chamber bed thing and as a pedophile since the first molestation charge in '93. Now that he's dead, he's now worthy enough to talk about in a positive light on tv and to kill yourself over lol. What's the world coming to? At this rate, I bet if Charles Manson were to shank himself in jail, these same sort of people would suddenly claim he's the messiah who didn't hurt anyone and will kill themselves en masse lol. I'm laughing at the sheer stupidity and hypocrisy of some people.

I have been rigorously researching this phenomenon. Here's a graph I've been working on for the past few days to illustrate my point:

untitlesd.jpg

post-81-1084150350.jpg

Needs more crazies. I could understand someone doing it for Donald Knuth, but Michael Jackson...?

the people wondering why the fans killed themselves , are forgetting that its not fans of Michael Jackson commiting suicide, its suicidal people who just happen to be fans of Michael Jackson...

Sorry, but someone that commits suicide over a celebrity dying does have issues. For anyone to think these people were in their right mind....well, is in the same crowd.

+!

Agreed.

Needs more crazies. I could understand someone doing it for Donald Knuth, but Michael Jackson...?

- I think people have already hung themselves after reading "The Art of Computer Programming"

Funny how almost everyone hated him the day before, and now look. Heh, w.e +1 for comment -30 for the idiots who commit suicide over someone else's death.

..maybe they will see mj in heav...*cough* uh wait what was i just about to do :p

See, here is where the story fails:

The man behind the world's biggest online Michael Jackson fan club has said heartbroken followers of the star have committed suicide because of his death.

To me that's about as reliable as "A bloke down the pub says"...

No verified reports.

Predictably primitive responses.

"get over it"

"idiot"

"pathetic"

I am no psychologist, but it's obvious that anyone commits suicide because of the death of a big cultural figure are not in a healthy frame of mind. It's obviously not a "get over it" situation.

I wonder if any of you would be more understanding if someone committed suicide because of the death of a family member or a loved one. I am guessing that's how these fans felt about Jackson.

I doubt it's truly because they "loved" him, underneath it all lies a reason for their actions, but it was just an excuse to finally do it, they are pathetic.

If they loved him as much as anyone loves their own family then it just proves how pathetic they are.

Now, I love The Killers, I adore them; everything about them. Some would call it 'obbsessed' (just ask PureLegend or bmaher how much I listen to them ;)). I think Brandon Flowers is the most amazing person, that I know of, ever to walk this earth - the way he looks, the way he dresses, his voice, the lyrics he writes, his laugh... everything about him. He is stunning and amazing, however, I don't even understand how people can become obsessed to the point of stalking their idol, let alone killing themselves, just because that person dies.

If Brandon Flowers died, I'd be devastated, especially as he is not even half-way through his career and there will be more albums to come :happy:, but even if he was at the end of his career, I'd be absolutely gutted. I could possibly, but not definately, become sad to the point of crying, just because I'd be thinking about his personal life and how he would have been taken away from his loving family, which is an awful thing to think about, not to mention it would feel like such a waste; but that's about it and I see nothing wrong with that.

But... killing yourself? Seriously? It's one person who you don't even know. I wouldn't even kill myself if my wife/girlfriend or mother died let alone someone I admire but do not know. I don't see why anyone would? There is much more to life than Michael Jackson or Brandon Flowers and that should be the case for everyone. If you think there is nothing more, you are wrong. If you are at a position in life where you think it is pointless to carry on because your life is that bad, then suicide is not the answer - life can always be better if you want it to and if you try hard enough.

This is coming from somebody who admires Micahel Jackson an awful lot (with no opinion on his court cases, as he was found innocent) and still finds it hard to accept that he has passed away.

• Like 1

Michael Jackson died?

Where have you been? Living the life of a caveman?

Anyway, it's amazing what little things people would commit suicide for. Sure, it's sad that your idol passes away, but to commit suicide because of it? Isn't there more to life then Michael Jackson and other stars? :no:

I doubt it's truly because they "loved" him, underneath it all lies a reason for their actions, but it was just an excuse to finally do it, they are pathetic.

If they loved him as much as anyone loves their own family then it just proves how pathetic they are.

I don't understand how you can look down at them, and simply call them pathetic. Obviously these people had an unhealthy obsession with Jackson which they couldn't shake off.

Obviously alot of people loved Jackson and his work, but sadly some some people just take it to an extreme.

SEVERE Mental Issues!

I LOVE MJ too, I AM a Huge fan! I would go to his memorial if it's close by, but I would NOT travel more than xxx miles or KILL myself OVER this!

Get A LIFE!!! Have more Hobbies!!! Get to know MORE people!!! Then maybe you feel someone like Michael Jackson is just a Great artists, but not your God!!!

Edited by JediXAngel

Definitely has more to do with the death of an idol, they must have been suffering from mental issues and this was just a "last straw" kind of thing.

You guys don't understand how powerful Jackson was to people. Have you ever SEEN any of his concerts? With people fainting left and right while he sings on stage? God forbid if he TOUCHED someone, they'd go through the roof of the place. Watch some of his concerts on Youtube or what have you, and watch as grown men and women (yes, men) faint and fall to the floor and have to be DRAGGED by security/officials to safety.

Not that I'm saying any of this justifies killing yourself because Jackson died, but I wouldn't look down on someone because of suicide. It's an unwelcome stigma like all the others. Just because one attempts/commits suicide doesn't mean someone was weak or was pathetic. Sure, some are, but I doubt the majority are.

• Like 1

Was there no other singers they liked?

Well, MJ is a very Unique singer/performer.

There are very FEW like him.

It's possible they Only love MJ that much! Other artists they don't care at all.

• Like 1

Well, MJ is a very Unique singer/performer.

There are very FEW like him.

It's possible they Only love MJ that much! Other artists they don't care at all.

i think there are no FEW. he is the KING OF THE POP. the one the only. no one can replaces him. he is a legend by himself.

• Like 1

Most of these folk will be the kind of people who missed the bus in life, never really married, made friends, had proper relationships etc for whatever reason and ultimately idolise a fantasy, a fantasy that MJ must provide for them thru music or whatever else it is.

But seriously to do a thing such as kill ones self over MJ? Im not religious myself but I do know that taking your own life in many religions is frowned upon greatly. MJ < Religion and shouldnt be. So again take a big step back from it and realise MJ is not your god and your taking your own life or a ****in popstar.

Martyr to the cause, pfft. Still I guess for them knowing in some way they did for MJ is the ultimate show of Fandom.

Whats 2% of 6Billion as if anyones taking crazy into account then 2% of the populace is yer going rate :/