Firefox 3.5 Released

As has happened many many times, the last RC build is used as the final build. Mozilla don't put "RC" in the build info but all the final RCs have always been the same as the final when the hashes have been compared. This is the final and it's exactly the same as the RC.

MD5 - 70C0217F3EB62AE35401FDBC54FCA7B0

SHA1 - 71B46B4744C623D33D63ABDD2073BA7A2FE497D6

Above is for GB version.

The final came from the official Mozilla mirror servers (using a proper Mozilla URL - the one on the first page), see here.

Ps: it's July 1 in a couple hours here :p

Be that as it may, they are releasing it in a NA timezone, so they are not going to miss the release.

I'm just going to wait (as I said above) ;)

You're welcome, and like you I am going to wait for it to be pushed to the updater before I get it.

It is not released yet. If you go to the 3.5 folder under releases on the Mozilla ftp site it redirects you to a website that says it's not ready yet.

If you actually use a ftp client to browse it, you can download it. It's the RC3 build.

FTP DL is a RC release...

Wrong. As someone's already pointed out, the initial home page points to a URL which hasn't had the page changed yet (which it will once they officially release it). Obviously.

It is not released yet. If you go to the 3.5 folder under releases on the Mozilla ftp site it redirects you to a website that says it's not ready yet.

If you actually use a ftp client to browse it, you can download it. It's the RC3 build.

Yes, cos the RC3 and the final are exactly the same (as it's always been in the past). So it is released, just not announced yet.

Edited by testman

Why is it, with a tonne of programmers, Mozilla still cannot get exactly 100% on the Acid3 test?

am i the only one having problem with some icons? Morning coffee addon icon its invisible and also some of All In One Sidebar icons are too...

Why is it, with a tonne of programmers, Mozilla still cannot get exactly 100% on the Acid3 test?

Because if it isn't 100% we should all stop using it right?

Because if it isn't 100% we should all stop using it right?

That was not what I meant, and you know it!

its 7 points away... its not like its getting 12 points, its pretty much a non issue, firefox 3.5 is very standards compliant.

Edited by ViperAFK

ts 7 points away... its not like its getting 12 points, its pretty much a non issue, firefox 3.5 is very standards compliant.

Opera 10 Beta gets 99/100, seems to me that Opera is more standards compliant.

you should not download it until there's an official announcement, the file

in the mozilla ftp server could be incomplete or compromised by someone. Wait!

No need to worry any more. Filehippo have got the 3.5 download up on their site now.

Filehippo is an unofficial 3rd party download site that is neither endorsed or authorised by Mozilla

to offer Firefox downloads. Furthermore, any Firefox downloads from sites such as Filehippo do

not count towards the official downloads tally. The only places that true Firefox fans should

download any versions of the browser, are from official Mozilla websites.

As for it not being ready before today, Mozilla have always said . . .

"We won't release it until it is ready."

I never said it wasn't ;)

Sorry, that comment wasn't directed at you. Just for the people who didn't believe the file from the ftp was the real release as well.