Neowin Digital Gallery

Napalm Frog

I wish our festivals like that were similarly awesome. :p

MasterC
Tewkesbury Festival, Tewkesbury. I had some cracking and rather advantageous locations over the couple of days I was shooting there. Got a splitting headache and my hearing will take a couple of days to recover from the cannons...some of my locations had me about ten feet away from those things.

Did you get a special media pass to shoot those?

BartAfterDark

I really like the coloring on some of the pictures. Wish I had a Camera and the skills in Photoshop to retouch pictures :)

Prince Charming
Did you get a special media pass to shoot those?

Yeah, sort of. There were no specific passes, but I had access to places. Some silly little wristband thing. Really put some guy's nose out of joint who'd been there for two hours to secure his location and I just waltzed in and stood next to him :p

Andre

Finally got a reverse ring. This is one of the first shots with reversed 50/1.4D. Already ordered Kenko extension tubes kit, can't wait to play with that as well. :D

3720714398_90c59aa49d.jpg

Edited by Andre
badldragon

Took this at the South Lakes Animal Park.

3723745129_168875c520.jpg

Heavily cropped as the original is much wider - I was using a 18-70mm lens. 70mm was the longest lens I've had access to...until tomorrow! 55-200mm nikon VR DX lens (there are some other letter but I forget) ?159.99 - a bargain.

Just a pity I wont be in a position to get up close and personal with such a best again for a little while.

crazzy88ss

don't you hate it when you know you got a new lens/body/accessory coming like 2 days later that'll really help your current shot?

badldragon

^^ lol

totally. Its always the same.

I was goni go and get a similar (but notas good lens) for 150 quid just befre I went on hols but I just can't buy any old rubbish and it;s only after my hols is over I find the right lens online (didnt take lappy with me you see)

Still there is always next year lol

Bubbabyte

Same ol stuff :p

3724155059_d1a73072bc.jpg3724966014_fa3973cb03.jpg

crazzy88ss
^^ lol

totally. Its always the same.

I was goni go and get a similar (but notas good lens) for 150 quid just befre I went on hols but I just can't buy any old rubbish and it;s only after my hols is over I find the right lens online (didnt take lappy with me you see)

Still there is always next year lol

Thanks for spelling out "quid." Ive never seen anybody type it out. I always hear them say it on Top Gear and wonder how it was spelt... haha

And "hols"? holiday, right?

at least it's good stuff!

badldragon
Thanks for spelling out "quid." Ive never seen anybody type it out. I always hear them say it on Top Gear and wonder how it was spelt... haha

And "hols"? holiday, right?

lol.

Yeah hols is holiday

as for quid - I'm pretty sure it comes from the Latin "Quid Pro Quo" or Something for Something. Least that makes sense to me anyway so thats how I spell it. Maybe it's really spelt Kwidt (with a silent T) lol.

Cheers

Malc

BajiRav

I still enjoy looking at your pics. They're lovely. :)

Slouch

Took these while at the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia. It was an odd day and the lighting was strange. I'm not really happy with the way most of the picutures turned out, but I'm sharing a few anyway as they are pretty interesting.

3727350969_a7b9245bce.jpg

3728147986_7afe8f5eb8.jpg

3728145380_705487988f.jpg

3728142754_68b8569162.jpg

3728139902_5120f3f524.jpg

Comments welcome.

Slouch

These two I'm more happy with. I entered them into the Farktography Contest No. 219: "Vice Vice Baby".

3726046804_eb75aff355.jpg

3725282647_cf24b8cb3f.jpg

Again, comments are welcome.

crazzy88ss
Took these while at the Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia. It was an odd day and the lighting was strange. I'm not really happy with the way most of the picutures turned out, but I'm sharing a few anyway as they are pretty interesting.

Comments welcome.

Looks like it'd be a cool place to come back to.

badldragon

Comments welcome.

the light is odd, eh?

almost looks like they are props on a stage (sound stage if thats what they call em in movieland), especially the first image. Know what I mean.

I like em though, sharp as a tack.

furby

Always look through here and am impressed by the pics so thought I should post my first outing with a DSLR. Was lucky enough to get on a helicopter ride down the Thames.

DSC_0025_Edit.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

I have one question, what is about the way I took the shots that gives them that sort of white sheen over the pictures? I used Lightroom to fix a couple but not really sure how I did it :D

Most were like the one below

DSC_0042.jpg

crazzy88ss

Could be a hazy day. The farther away things are, the more particles there are in the air, which makes images come out like that. Also a UV filter some times helps a little. Do you have one of those on your lens?7

Prince Charming

UV filter helps a bit, Polarising filter helps a bit, but ultimately, if it's atmospheric haze, as crazzy88ss says, theres moisture in the air bending light off all over the place and theres a loss of contrast and pretty much bugger all you can really do apart from bump the contrast in post. Also one of the main limitations of supertelephotos shot over extreme distance (800mm+)

sin-ergy

cool shots furby!

furby
Could be a hazy day. The farther away things are, the more particles there are in the air, which makes images come out like that. Also a UV filter some times helps a little. Do you have one of those on your lens?7

I guess it was pretty far away (Buckingham Palace in particular). I don't have one, maybe something I could invest in.

UV filter helps a bit, Polarising filter helps a bit, but ultimately, if it's atmospheric haze, as crazzy88ss says, theres moisture in the air bending light off all over the place and theres a loss of contrast and pretty much bugger all you can really do apart from bump the contrast in post. Also one of the main limitations of supertelephotos shot over extreme distance (800mm+)

Sounds right, going down a river and all. Ye, at least shooting in RAW lets me fix some of that, sure with time I'll get better/quicker at that. Maybe I'll get a telephoto lense for next time. Can't be that expensive :D

cool shots furby!

Thanks, it was a fun experience if nothing else.

Prince Charming

Actually, from what I've heard from people doing aerial photography, rather 'normal' focal lengths are the most useful; from the wide angle (but not superwide) 24mm, to around 100mm at short telephoto. If you lugged a 1200mm out of the window of a chopper, besides likely being shot down by the RAF, all you get is slightly elevated angle on a tight shot, which could be from anywhere. You need the wideness to give the sense of grandeur to an aerial shot, and the feeling of altitude, but equally, you can't go too wide, because then the perspective compression overly exxagerates the effect.

Some cracking stuff though Furby :)

Scazza

Some really good photos everyone!

I really need to get out with my camera now it's the summer! I haven't done anything new for months :(

Napalm Frog

I had an urge late last night for brownies (no, I wasn't high) so I made a batch of "Chocolatey Peanut Butter Brownies". But replaced the sugar with maple syrup (refined sugar is evil), chocolate with carob (chocolate is also evil), and my egg substitute was tofu. Yes, I'm a vegan, no I'm not a hippy.

post-74203-1248025616.jpg