Warehouse 13

Almost A 'Warehouse 13' Without Eddie McClintock?

Eddie McClintock almost didn't get cast on Syfy's new hit series "Warehouse 13" because he bombed his final audition.

McClintock recalled to an audience at San Diego Comic-Con last weekend that he had a freak-out attack during his final audition for the role of Secret Service agent Peter Lattimer when it was down to the wire between him and one other actor. All McClintock could think about was the fact that he had just come off of a number of failed television shows and he said really needed this job badly.

"I had two squawking bird chicks at home and I needed to provide them with a worm," McClintock said of his two children, including the recent birth of his second son. On top of that, he had just seen one of the show's producers come out and put his arm around the competition, so he thought it was over.

That's when the panic attack set in.

Joanne Kelly, who was part of a different audition team, said she found McClintock "profusely sweating and shaking."

"I had to talk Eddie off the ledge," she said.

Thus, it was during a 30-minute excruciating wait that they bonded to such a strong degree when they were called in together for their first time, their electric chemistry was apparent from the start. However, they both admittedly blew their lines and lost their concentration, and thought they had lost the job.

But because of their instant bonding and willingness to stick up for each and work through their mistakes, the producers saw the magic that makes a television series work -- these were two people who liked each other and were willing to work together no matter how bad it got. It was instinctive and just the secret ingredient what the producers were looking for.

For they showed that they would help each other through thick and thin -- which would be essential for the key core relationship between their lead characters, and which the executive producers and network suits when they needed to launch a pivotal new science-fiction show. It is perhaps the most unusual way to get a job: Have a near breakdown and blow the audition.

However, it worked, and now the audience is reaping the benefit every Tuesday, as both McClintock and Kelly use their Secret Service characters for the special assignment of protecting the world from mystical objects that do more harm than good when unleashed on the world at large.

The other key secret ingredient for "Warehouse 13" is the amazing artifacts. In creating the show, David Simpkins said he put extra care in designing the warehouse, and each and every artifact so that it was a real three-dimensional object, and not just some computer-generated illusion.

The design and production of each artifact costs thousands of dollars because of the special design work done by the show's props department. When asked about whether they were ever tempted to touch the artifacts, McClintock, Kelly and co-star Saul Rubinek all sheepishly admitted that they found the artifacts irresistible and loved playing with the fun "toys" in Artie's office.

Starting this week a new character, Claudia -- played by Allison Scagliotti -- will be introduced. Scagliotti plays the computer hacker that has plagued Artie and, after she learns about the warehouse, Artie is not certain what to do with her.

Rubinek shared that in order to keep her quiet, his character will begin to mentor Claudia which will provide Artie ?a chance to grow a bit more into the adult he needs to be.? Scagliotti also shared that she has a secret agenda which will be revealed over the next few episodes.

In other fun news, look for appearances by two series regulars from "Eureka:" Neil Grayson and Erica Cerra. "Battlestar Galactica" favorite Mark Sheppard has been cast as a regular in the role of one of the mysterious Regents as Mrs. Frederick?s boss.

And last, but not least, watch to find out Artie?s secret: "It will knock your socks off!"

Im still not sure what to make of Eureka.

I've watched 3 episodes and it seems a bit odd. I think all the music puts me off.

Should I stick with it?

Naah... it's kaka

We'll actually meet the Regents, the secret society who run the warehouse, later this season, and we'll learn more about the dynamic between Artie and Mrs. Frederic. And Pete and Myka go searching for an artifact that's eluded Artie for years, and "unfortunately," they find it, says producer Jack Kenny. And that season-finale twist involving B&B keeper Leena will change everything. [E! Online]

this show is a poor man version of Fringe! i don't know why i watch it, guess cause there nothing on tv around that time!

this show is a poor man version of Fringe! i don't know why i watch it, guess cause there nothing on tv around that time!

Fringe doesn't have hot chicks.

Fringe doesn't have hot chicks.

It does! The lead actress!

Anyway i stoped watching it after 5 episodes. While its a bit fun its very childish-like.

An upcoming episode involves "nipple clamps," and Pete and Myka do some kissing. But it's a strange kiss. And it sounds like the nipple clamps are an artifact from inside the warehouse? [EW]

Reports: Syfy Greenlights Second Season Of 'Warehouse 13'

Airlock Alpha has picked up word from a number of sources that Syfy already has commissioned a second season of its breakout new hit "Warehouse 13," meaning 13 for now and possibly a total of 20 episodes when it's all said and done for America's newest favorite Secret Service agents Pete Lattimer and Myka Bering.

Since its premiere in early July, the same night that SciFi Channel officially changed its name to Syfy, "Warehouse 13" has been a ratings winner for the network. The most recent episode that aired Aug. 18 pulled in nearly 3.3 million viewers. That's slightly below the 3.5 million viewers who tuned in for the initial premiere, which was the third largest debut ever recorded on the channel behind "Stargate: Atlantis" in 2004 and "Eureka" in 2006.

NBC Universal, the parent company of Syfy, officially announced the renewal through Variety, but bringing "Warehouse 13" back for a second season has already been pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Part of the creative team of "Warehouse 13" was Jane Espenson, best known to many genre fans for her work in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly" and "Battlestar Galactica." Espenson is now the showrunner for the upcoming Syfy series "Caprica," the "Battlestar" prequel that is set to premiere in January on the network.

"Warehouse 13" already is averaging a stronger audience than Syfy's other high-rated show, "Eureka," which is averaging about 2.5 million viewers per episode. The success of shows such as "Warehouse 13" and "Eureka" has helped Syfy justify its move toward more "grounded" series, and moving away from more expensive space-faring shows such as "Battlestar."

While "Caprica" is yet another grounded series coming to the schedule, Syfy isn't shying away from shows set in space. The highly anticipated "Stargate: Universe" is set to premiere this fall, focusing on a ship built by the Ancients that a crew is trapped on.

Variety confirmed the pickup with a 13-episode order.

"We took a look at doing 20 episodes, but for logistic and financial reasons, it didn't make sense to do that right now, but I wouldn't rule that out," Syfy president Dave Howe told the trade publication.

"Warehouse 13" stars Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly and Saul Rubinek. It airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on Syfy.

Source: Airlock Alpha

Someone at work told me about this show and I had some high expectations for it.

I watched the pilot and I don't think I could force myself to watch another episode of Warehouse 13. Even Eureka is better! :p

I like it a lot. It has the usual irksome trait like many other Sci-Fi (genre not channel) programmes. Way TOO much secretive crap.

Myka and Pete are obviously in it for the long haul so just tell 'em everything there and then. OK so it might stop the 'suspense' elements of the story but as usual it just boils my pee. I also wish they would keep there old boss in the loop more, he could help them so much.

Anyway I will keep watching it as well as A Town Called Eureka and Defying Gravity.

I am also be patiently waiting for Caprica and Stargate Universe.

• 1 month later...
Wow just watched the season finale. Please tell me there is going to be season 2 of this!

Yep was renewed half way through the series, they start filming in next couple of months.