Neowin Fantasy Premiership Season 2009 - 2010

fantasy_top_09.gif

Calling All Neowinians!

Once again it is time to begin The Official Premiership Fantasy Football Thread! :)

The new league code is 4715-1808

The competition is now into it's sixth year. Congratulations to John Simpson for winning 08/09 with an absolutely amazing 2171 points, finishing an incredible 134 points ahead of second place Conor McKevitt! John has joined the elite group of previous winners - is it your turn this year??

Previous Winners

09/10 - .......................................................?????

08/09 - John Simpson's Liverpool Yangers

07/08 - Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2

06/07 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

05/06 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

04/05 - Pete Gaulton's The Toffeemen

So, who are the key men for this year?

With Ronaldo off, Gerrard and Lampard must surely be the key men in a midfield, with Torres and Rooney good bets for the striking positions. But is Owen worth a gamble? Fulham's excellent defensive record might make Schwartzer a good choice for a goalkeeper, but will Europe tire the small squad? Tottenham's Gomes, despite a dodgy start to the season, was also responsible for the least goals conceded at White Hart Lane for decades. Or will Van der Sar have another quiet year? And what of the new clubs? Wolves, Birmingham and Burnley will all be fighting for their lives. There have been few signings so far; but how will newcomers to the league perform with big names such as Deco flattering to deceive at Stamford Bridge?

As usual, to newcomers, it might help to take a quick look at the rules:

For those that haven't played before, go to http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.html and click REGISTER. Follow the instructions, read the rules (link below), pick a team and register for the Neowin league. This is done by clicking 'Leagues' on the right hand side, entering the number '4715-1808' into the box, and clicking 'Join League'.

You can make transfers - one a week for free - but if you make any more in the same gameweek 4pts will be deducted from your total score. Players get points for things such as playing 60 mins, scoring, keeping a clean sheet or getting assists. However, the Fantasy Manager should be aware that players can also lose points for yellow or red cards. All rules, regulations, including how scoring works etc are listed in the following link: HELP/Rules. This includes info on how players score, when substitutes get points etc. Also look out for the 'Transfer Wildcard' option which is now available ( Transfer Help ). This enables you to make an unlimited amount of transfers in a single gameweek for free at one point during the season.

Once again, good luck to everyone!!

I'm not going to promise I will be any more active in the thread during the coming year, very busy at the moment, but I will try and pop in periodically to post updates as and when :D

- FaRSightxc2

Edited by FaRSightxc2

Excellent, I'm in :D

Good man, really, really hope I pay more attention to this thread next year. :D

Really use neowin very rarely these days, but hope I can do some slightly more regular updates this year lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Signing up again now :)

Sort those typo's out though dude...

John has joined the elite group of previous winners - is it you're turn this year?? - should be your turn this year?? and it's Stamford Bridge, not Stanford. :)

Signing up again now :)

Sort those typo's out though dude...

John has joined the elite group of previous winners - is it you're turn this year?? - should be your turn this year?? and it's Stamford Bridge, not Stanford. :)

Very n00by typing, I apologise :D :p

I'm in! God I can't wait for the season to start, last one seemed to finish forever ago!

Could not agree more - COYS!! scarf.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So how are you guys doing this year?

I'm 7th, not too bad. I would be tied for 4th but I transferred an additional player and got subbed 5 points. oh well :p

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Ugh I was in the top 10 for most of the season but then the African Cup of Nations happened and a few injuries, a couple of months on and I'm now 22nd :(

• 1 month later...

SORRY GUYS!

Once again, I have left this thread to decay :blush: :blush:

I have been following the league and proceedings from afar throughout the season, as, I don't doubt, some of you lot have been too!

Congrats to all that took part, and, as usual, I will start a new one next season as soon as the game is made available!!

********Now on to business!********

Congratulations to John Simpson's Liverpool Yangers who have won the 2009/10 title with a massive 2293 points, 53 points ahead of the team in second place!

This is the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW that Liverpool Yangers have won the title. Congratulations!

Previous Winners:

09/10 - John Simpson's Liverpool Yangers

08/09 - John Simpson's Liverpool Yangers

07/08 - Telvinder Dosanjh's Tel's Terrors 2

06/07 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

05/06 - Andy Saunders FaRSightxc2's Team

04/05 - Pete Gaulton's The Toffeemen

Also, completing the top five, congrats to:

2) AcMilan rachid milanello

3) FC Maaaad marko midagi

4) Slide in the Box Steven Cornew

5) Oolong Julio Silva

I finished 6th place, which is not too bad! Need to step it up next season though!

Cheers for all taking part, and apologies once again for the lack of updates/laziness! :blush: :blush:

- FaRSightxc2 :fro:

I've barely logged in of late, I started the season really well but since January I have hardly had time to check my team due to being busy with Uni :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've barely logged in of late, I started the season really well but since January I have hardly had time to check my team due to being busy with Uni :(

'Busy'? 'Uni'?

Doesn't sound like my time at University! :p