Playstation 3 Slim spotted in the wild?

This is clearly fake, but if anything it should give an idea of size...

slim.jpg

Its starting to sound like the real deal. Sony themselves have told us that we will not see a price cut on the PS3, however, a price cut and a new cheaper model are two different things.

Good thing about this is that Sony are cutting costs on this model, thus, I'd imagine a VERY good price tag for the "slim" model. I'd imagine that $279 or $299 is quite realistic, but at the same time, who would buy a PSP Go for $279 when you can buy a PS3 for the same price :s

Its starting to sound like the real deal. Sony themselves have told us that we will not see a price cut on the PS3, however, a price cut and a new cheaper model are two different things.

Good thing about this is that Sony are cutting costs on this model, thus, I'd imagine a VERY good price tag for the "slim" model. I'd imagine that $279 or $299 is quite realistic, but at the same time, who would buy a PSP Go for $279 when you can buy a PS3 for the same price :s

PSP Go is $249

The PS3 Slim is obviously real, whether the video is, I'm not sure but a good effort. The point is Sony has to cost reduce to the extreme and going a matte finish, removing touch sensitive buttons, reducing size all count no matter how small the savings. Trimming everything possible. It has the same look and quality of the PS2 Slim to a T which made me believe it was real the instant I saw the leak factory shots with box. Sony's answer to making the PS3 competitive is this slim model and it will be released in the next few months. 100% Guaranteed and it will look like the leaks.

Follow up from the video taker

Just want to make a few clarifications about the video.

1. The video is 100% real. As ACE has said, nothing was altered. The unit itself maybe questionable but all i did was ask to take a video of it.

2. I apologise for the quality of the video. This is what you get when you have 30 seconds, a 3MP cameraphone, and 10 people shoving your back behind you :p

3. The guy selling the system said it will play PS3 games.

4. Some of you are asking why its in the Philippines. While some of you think this is farfetched, it actually makes a little sense. China or Japan (not sure which one is devloping the actual unit) are both very close to the Philippines. Underground markets get many things before retailers do, most likely because it is stolen. The people who smuggle it in have strong ties with other countries.

5. For those asking what it 'felt like', it felt noticeably lighter, and the surface is obviously different to previous models. If you were to ask what the surface felt like, the closest i could describe is that it is very similar to the back surface of the PSP-1000. I also noticed that the logo of 'SONY' and 'Playstation' were on it, unaltered. Of course this is no real indication that this is the real PS3 slim, but one should take note that many ripoffs have misspelled names or at least different fonts.

6. I will be returning this weekend (hopefully. It's over an hour away) with an 8MP camera (not a phone!). I will do my best to take a more detailed look into the PS3. In fact if there is anything you would like to see in particular, please post it here.

Thank you again!

I didn't buy it because I don't have the money. The system was 250 pounds (round about)

Rumour: PS3 Slim "Is Real" ? Big Reveal At Cologne?b>

Over the weekend we ran a story regarding the alleged sighting of a so-called PS3 Slim in a Filipino market, and since then we've had lots of emails from people informing us that whilst the footage may or may not be 'real', the PS3 Slim itself certainly is. We can't verify any of these claims for ourselves and the sources have asked to rema off the record i>which almost makes such a post entirely redundant. It would be, perhaps, if it wasn't for further details which we believe are new to this particular carriage of the unstoppable rumour train: namely that the 'big reveal' iapparently i>going to be at Cologne in Germany next month, and will be accompanied by a price cut. Like we said, this is strictly marked as a rumour, but only because we can't personally verify the information, obviously. If we get any more information we can reveal then naturally we'll update this post.

Source: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/07/13/rum...eal-at-cologne/

PSP Go is $249

Still, PSP Go for $249 or a PS3 Slim for $279. I think the choice is easy...in that case a $299 price tag seems more realistic I guess.

Still, PSP Go for $249 or a PS3 Slim for $279. I think the choice is easy...in that case a $299 price tag seems more realistic I guess.

One is portable, one is a games console.

They serve different purposes. I'm not excusing the expense of a PSP Go, but you don't really tend to go one or the other. You tend to decide what you want first, a portable gaming device, or a console, then choose amongst the options under each category.

I guess if you want both you may have a decision to make, but I'd never buy a portable over a console unless I genuinely travelled a lot, I'd always get the console first, portable second.

PS3 Slim won't be any less than $299.

Edited by Audioboxer

What do you expect the UK price to be, AB?

?225 at the lower end, ?250 at the higher, ?265-269 on the pessimistic sideCan't/i> be any higher than ?250 or else it's a bit opointless drop, won't be ?199... yet, I don't think. A slim is going to perk interest on the new hardware factor alone, I think Sony will want to ride Christmas at something like ?225 over ?199 for profitability. The Pound to Yen conversion rates are slaughtering them. I don't know if we've ever seen a ?100 drop on a console before anyway? ?199 is pretty much not happening, 99.9%.

I also have a feeling GT5 will make Christmas, therefore a slim, some form of a cut and GT5 will cause the Euro's to go a bit bananas. As long as there is some form of a cut for Christmas, it doesn't need to be as low as ?199 to sell well, just something decent enough to go alongside the slim.

?225 at the lower end, ?250 at the higher, ?265-269 on the pessimistic sideCan't/i> be any higher than ?250 or else it's a bit opointless drop, won't be ?199... yet, I don't think. A slim is going to perk interest on the new hardware factor alone, I think Sony will want to ride Christmas at something like ?225 over ?199 for profitability. The Pound to Yen conversion rates are slaughtering them.

I also have a feeling GT5 will make Christmas, therefore a slim, some form of a cut and GT5 will cause the Euro's to go a bit bananas. As long as there is some form of a cut for Christmas, it doesn't need to be as low as ?199 to sell well, just something decent enough to go alongside the slim.

I hope you're right, if it launches at ?225 I'll buy it. Straight up, I'll get it. However if it launches at ?250 I'll hold out until Christmas and wait for any bundles or a small price drop.

We asked Sony to take a look, and according to a representative, it was the first time she'd seen the video, and then, predictably, she issued the standard company line: "We don't comment on rumor and speculation." So, it's your call. But let us at least advise you against booking a ticket to the Philippines and heading straight for the black market. For anything.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/slim-sho...in-philippines/

Why not just deny it's real Sony? ;) I'm sure if it was a PolyStation you'd deny it :p

yeah, I can see the PS3 slim coming around August. That would make a GT5 PS3 Slim bundle a hot commodity this christmas. The Gran Turismo 3 and PS2 bundle was amazingly successful for the PS2.

Sure it's real, but that vieo with the "leaked" design is no way in hell close to anything that would be released to the public. The overall asthetics are disgusting. The hamburger top has got to go.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/13/slim-sho...in-philippines/

Why not just deny it's real Sony? ;) I'm sure if it was a PolyStation you'd deny it :p

:D Microsoft, Apple, Sony, and every other company say that line for a rumor right before it's announced making it true.

Example: XBOX 360 HDMI or Take Two Denying Bioshock on the PS3.

Sure it's real, but that vieo with the "leaked" design is no way in hell close to anything that would be released to the public. The overall asthetics are disgusting. The hamburger top has got to go.

Prepare to be disappointed.

It's been raised before but:

Why the hell would it be in the middle of a podunk shanty town in the middle of nowhere?

Why didn't he buy it or at least TRY it?!

This is just silly.

PS3 Spotted In Wild:

2628838.jpg

It's been raised before but:

Why the hell would it be in the middle of a podunk shanty town in the middle of nowhere?

Why didn't he buy it or at least TRY it?!

This is just silly.

The guy who found it is actually a poster on the EU PS forums, and i did ask him why he didnt buy it and he said he doesnt have the money for it....but personally i would get the money from somewhere quickly you cud easily make ?800+ with that model plus it being a prototype makes it even more popular...just look at the prototype iPhones.

How it got there is anyone's guess...it is an underground market so it could of been stolen and just sold on very quickly, im more interested on how many where stolen?

The guy that seen it says the market is about an hr's drive from his place so he plans to make another trip back soon to try get some Hi Res pics

It's been "answered" many times in this topic how it could of got there, that's not the biggest question, it's is it real or not?

The Philippines are right next to where these things are manufactured (Japan/China). With the reports saying the Slim would be ready for sale in July, it's not a far fetched idea some were stolen off production lines. It's also been pointed out the PSP and PS3 being sold here early as well. You can also see PSPs below the Slim in the picture, they look pretty real to me (meaning it's not as if the whole shop sells imitation goods).

Apparently a Chinese retailer, but photoshop detectors set to seek and destroy (It looks faked)

untitled.jpg