Official Office 2010 Tech Preview (Invitation)

Amazed how quickly the programs seem to launch compared to 2007 (running the X64 edition, don't know what the X86 edition of O2010 is like), but I cannot activate with an official key provided by connect. Anyone else having this problem?

post-286512-1247605843_thumb.png

Must be some kind of bug in their activation system. I sent them a frown (what a stupid bug reporting mechanism, feels like it was aimed at 10 year old kids) so I hope it gets fixed before the grace period expires.

Got an invite. I downloaded the 64 bit version at first but it requires me to uninstall Office 2007 32 bit to install it so I'm going to try Office 2010 32 bit and see how that works instead for now.

I got the invitation too.. but not sure if I wanna install this version when 14.0.4302.1000_Mondo version is available.

Many people have reported uninstallation problems, so it's not really a good idea to install the Mondon version.

I got mine today also :)

All installed and working fine (who cares about uninstalling? don't install in first place then?) nice and fast on Win7 so far, I like!

:D

Tried, it didn't like it, uninstalled. If someone wants my product key, first pm gets it.

Tried, it didn't like it, uninstalled. If someone wants my product key, first pm gets it.

LOL!

There can be only ONE! :laugh:

FileName: O2010_SingleImage_retail_ship_x86_en-us

File Version: 14.0.4006.1000

CRC32: 1D6FD402

MD5: 3376DDB430042BEDA528313BC6BE1696

SHA1: B0449D2E15A2958C57A135E9706169213FC93D84

I got my invie as well. So far everything is running smoothly. I'm impressed with the snappy UI and fairly quick startup time.

It seems super quick.

Yeah can't activate even though I got it from the Connect website with a valid key =(

I heard this was known on the newsgroups. Check a few pages back... Everything actually is activated, but says otherwise.

Double-score!

Two Office 2010 betas!

Even better, both are either/or (32-bit and 64-bit); in other words, the keys are not bitness-specific.

I found a *second* Office 2010 beta invite in my inbox today (3 AM on 7/14, after a cleanout/reinstall of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2010 Tech Preview Home and Business).

Obviously, I must be doing something right (or the Office beta/TAP is going to be opened really, really, *wide*.....)

Why can I get this through connect but it isn't in Technet Plus? Someone fell asleep at the wheel I think. How do you tell if you're activated? I chose the auto activate when online option but I'm not sure if it did.