Official Office 2010 Tech Preview (Invitation)

I got it, but the damn thing first went into my spam box for some reason, and when I finally foudn it by chance, and clicked on it, it required me to enter additional details, and it WOULD NOT let me pick the US as my country, not did it show ANY country for that matter.

****ed me off.

I decided to grab the latest beta instead, seeing as it has more fixes :D.

I got it, but the damn thing first went into my spam box for some reason, and when I finally foudn it by chance, and clicked on it, it required me to enter additional details, and it WOULD NOT let me pick the US as my country, not did it show ANY country for that matter.

****ed me off.

I decided to grab the latest beta instead, seeing as it has more fixes :D.

Want to forward the email and code to me in a PM? I would really like that :D.

Got my invite last week - accepted and downloaded straight away, and I'm very impressed! I've already requested another key and installed it on my Dads laptop and he quite likes it too.

I'm loving the new Outlook - finally it fits in perfectly with the other Office programs. They load a lot faster on my system than Office 2007.

Got my invite last week - accepted and downloaded straight away, and I'm very impressed! I've already requested another key and installed it on my Dads laptop and he quite likes it too.

I'm loving the new Outlook - finally it fits in perfectly with the other Office programs. They load a lot faster on my system than Office 2007.

What's the best way to go about requesting a key?

Constant crashes with x64 when trying to create RULES in outlook. Sigh.

Not having that problem.

I actually configured my first IMAP account for Outlook (GMail); I'd let that account languish (I use it for collecting bulk e-mails). However, despite over three *thousand* messages in the Inbox, Outlook swallowed them all without a hiccup (over a year's worth of mail). I also reset my Hotmail account (for Connector tests); that too went off without a hitch.

The result is that I have three different mailboxes in Outlook (each supporting a different protocol).

Outlook kicks.

I'm in the Click-To-Run Office 2010 Tech Preview. So no real ISO to download, all the apps seem to be "virtualised".

Still, it's much quicker than Office 2007, huge improvement.

I'm in the Click-To-Run Office 2010 Tech Preview. So no real ISO to download, all the apps seem to be "virtualised".

Still, it's much quicker than Office 2007, huge improvement.

Still, as fast as it is, x64 Office 2010 leaves C2R (which I've kicked around) thoroughly waxed.

It's not even Word and Outlook, but *especially* Word and Outlook.

However, aren't Word and Outlook supposed to be the two parts of Office that were supposed to benefit the LEAST from a move to x64?

Got this the day I signed up for the preview. I haven't had to opportunity to try out all the programs, but I've used Word for a bit.

So where is the guide to UNINSTALL the mondo build?

The mondo build's performance is very very unstable, specifically Outlook. The official TP release is rock solid stable.

I had Mondo on my machine, and it was a right PITA to remove it. I can be removed, but it is a manual process. I can't recall the website which gave instructions on how to remove it, sorry, but it is out there...

I was tempted to leave the Mondo build on there (Win7 RC) and wait for win7 RTM to do a fresh install and then install the official 2010 TP, but I couldn't take the crashing in Outlook.

Both versions Mondo and this one still not working with Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 7. WMDC does not recognise Outlook 2010 as default mail client, so you cannot sync Pocket PC with outlook.

Both versions Mondo and this one still not working with Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows 7. WMDC does not recognise Outlook 2010 as default mail client, so you cannot sync Pocket PC with outlook.

my iPhone has no problems whatsoever. At least one thing it can do wel hehe

Very pleased with Outlook 2010.

Finally, separate Inbox for multiple e-mail accounts.

Btw, the Smile and Frown icons are not used to submit bugs are they? But just for comments?

Does anyone else have problems with RSS Feeds in 2010?

In 2007 they appeared to download content fine and displayed fine, but in 2010, it would seem you have to manually right click each RSS, choose download content which only shows a single HTML page that oftenly doesnt display the content properly :(

office 2010 Mondo, or at least, the Outlook part of it, is horrible under Windows 7 RTM x64. It doesn't load properly, gives me errors for everything, and wont connect to gmail or hotmail. And this is supposed to be the newer build :\

Ill have to find and download the offical TP I think and somehow work out a way to uninstall the mondo version. (under remove programs it tells me installation is corrupted)

is it possible to get into the beta now, like apply for it? :D

ive had connect for a long time but never got an invitation.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before...

Just received this email from Microsoft Connect:

The build number is 14.0.4006.1110.

Anybody else got the above?

Got my invite last Thursday and only just realised and I had stopped looking :rofl:

Installed now and very impressed with it :woot: