I've finally switched!

Just placed my order for a 17" Powerbook and a Kensington Pocket Mouse Pro Wireless.

Should Be here by Thursday. What sucks is I'll be out of town until Thursday night. Argh! :crazy:

Not only is this my first mac, this is my first laptop, so I'm doubly excited. :D :D

That's all I got.

============================

This useless post brought to you by one excited switcher

============================

17"? What do you plan on doing with that big of a screen on the go?

Anyways, hope you enjoy and you made a very wise and smart purchase.

The new era is definetly approaching. :yes:

boy, now you're making us jealous. . . you *will* love your new mac . . . it's worth every penny . . . good choice of a mouse, but personally i prefer kensignton's wirelss studio mouse . . . ) have fun mate !

- - -

Wow - Finally a real reason to go wireless

http://www.kensington.com/html/1510.html

post-60-1053151206.jpg

Edited by ryanjbonnell

Do those have a fast response time like the Logitech mx700?

Am I the only one who thinks the Kensington mice are butt-ugly? :D

Anyway, welcome to the Mac family. You're gonna love your new machine.

no, I agree with you totally (Y)

A good mouse for a Mac is the Microsoft Ice addition. I have used it and it is great, and it looks the best also.

im jealous too... just wait till apple releases the 15" albook... yea, then we'll see who's jealous. especially if they have a ppc970 like some people think they will ;)

congrats man, im very jealous. i think the kensington mouse looks great, i prefer the apple pro mouse over anything though.

I think you are the first person I have heard that actually likes the apple pro mouse. Yuck! Well, "to each his own."

how much did you spend on the laptop, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought it stock, no extra RAM. It was $2639 after my student discount. If I need more RAM, I can always get it somewhere else.

boy, now you're making us jealous. . . you *will* love your new mac . . . it's worth every penny . . . good choice of a mouse, but personally i prefer kensignton's wirelss studio mouse . . . ) have fun mate !

I saw that mouse, and it's nice, but I want something I can take w/ me in my bag. The USB plug on the one I bought slips right into the mouse itself and when you do that the power shuts off to save the battery. It's a perfect mobile mouse, IMO. :)

I think you are the first person I have heard that actually likes the apple pro mouse. Yuck! Well, "to each his own."

gets the job done, and i dont really miss the right click. disadvantage- no scroll wheel. why dont you like it?

Well, there's the Blue line from MS:

http://microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/omb_info.asp

The Bluetooth one:

http://microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wiebt_info.asp

This mouse now works with Mac OS X, even though the web site says it does not...

And there's the Macally Ice mouse:

http://www.macally.com/spec/usb/input_devi...e/icemouse.html

But I'm not sure about an MS Ice mouse... Could be a nickname or code name...

-SD

I'm tempted to get one of those Bluetooth Microsoft mice. I had the radio version of the same mouse, and have to say it was crap. Ate batteries and was often jerky and/or unresponsive. Hope the bluetooth version is better.

someone needs to make a completely transparent mouse... that'd be a treat

apple already has, and they've been shipping it (transparent one button optical mouse) for years . . .