I've finally switched!

Microsoft Ice?

I am surprised at how many people have not heard of this. it is a wireless mouse by microsoft, shaped just like there standard one but it is wireless. Probable the best mouse design that they have. Earlier this year they released an "ice" version which is the same material/color of the ibook and ipods. It looks great, actually compliments a Mac more than the promouse does IMO. I'll go see if I can find a pic for ya. :)

I am surprised at how many people have not heard of this. it is a wireless mouse by microsoft, shaped just like there standard one but it is wireless. Probable the best mouse design that they have. Earlier this year they released an "ice" version which is the same material/color of the ibook and ipods. It looks great, actually compliments a Mac more than the promouse does IMO. I'll go see if I can find a pic for ya.  :)

Found this link:

http://www.ldlc.ch/fiche/PB00016306.html

Page is in French... but the piccies aren't :D

Aha! I recognise that mouse. No longer I've never heard it called "Ice" - it's got a different name here, I think. Can't remember what it is. I'll check next time I'm in work.

Earlier this year they released an "ice" version which is the same material/color of the ibook and ipods.

then it must be highly scratchable if it uses the same material as iBook & iPod :D

god damn it, don't know what the hell is wrong with Apple, why don't they change the freaking material for iBook and iPod?! :crazy:

Wow, we made it a whole 30 posts before a flame. Not to shabby.

I'd shoot back at sttroopers, but it's 8:45am and I'm not awake yet.

This whole "switch" campaign is really starting to wear thin. :x

Yea, i agree ... all this "i've switched" is getting annoying ... (No offense to new Apple users) ... but it sounds tacky.

..Altho i have to agree .. it seems a lot of Neowinians are joining in, in our little community here ... its kinda cool to see more joining ... 'n' by tha same token .. seeing the same faces around is cool too! :D

then it must be highly scratchable if it uses the same material as iBook & iPod :D

god damn it, don't know what the hell is wrong with Apple, why don't they change the freaking material for iBook and iPod?! :crazy:

lol aaron, still bitter eh? Don't worry, I am sure they will figure it out sometime just like they did with the titanium... hopefully :)

Uh, Apple never fixed the TiPowerBook... The paint still scratches away if you wear a watch... It just does not bubble off anymore.

The Aluminum PowerBook scratches too.

So does the plastic on a Dell, gateway, IBM, HP, etc. I have never seen a laptop that actually moves *not* get scratched. Acually, loook at any portable device you own, I would be willing to bet that anything you actually take with you on a regular basis is scratched, cracked, or in other ways harmed. It happens. The only way I know around this is to get a computer made out of cotton. But then it might shrink, or if you wash it with reds, she could turn pink :p

-SD

This whole "switch" campaign is really starting to wear thin. :x

yes why don't that just say "I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to use a pc, so I got a mac"

:ninja:

because it's so pretty sooooo preeettyyyy

yes why don't that just say "I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to use a pc, so I got a mac"

:ninja:

Because I'm not an idiot who doesn't know how to use PCs. I've been building them since I was 14. That was 7 years ago. I've built systems for my parents, my brother, my friends, my grandparents, and myself, of course. My current PC rig (P4 2.4B, 1GB PC2700, AIW8500DV, etc) is fantastic, and I'd never give it up.

I'm also a computer programmer, web designer, and webmaster. Learning to develop for Mac OSX (and UNIX, for that matter) will be greatly beneficial to my career. Knowledge is power, my friend, and he who can develop for Mac, UNIX, and Windows is all the more powerful.

And as far as OSX being "easy" to use...Damn straight. It's gonna be such a shame using an OS that lets me get more done in a day, let me tell you.

And yes, the 17" Powerbook is the most beautiful piece of computer hardware I've ever seen.

See that, you tried to flame me, but did I shoot back at you? No. I gave you a dignified, proper response. :)

Well, I was a PC user and tech for quite some time. I *hated* Apple Macintosh, not because they did anything wrong, but because I never actually stopped to use one. I got into the numbers game where I compared the numbers of a PC to the numbers of a Mac, and the Mac always lost. It was not until much later that I figured out that these numbers meant nothing.

I have basically every certification you can think of (whoopdie doo, for the record, certs mean nothing, real life experience means everything). I can bend Windows to my will and make her scream for mercy. And even though I understand hardware design and how all the hardware works, and even though I understand software design and how/why code works... I still choose a Macintosh. Why?

The complexity behind Mac OS X is amazing. Apple has a *fraction* of the programmers working on Mac OS X as Microsoft does on Windows, yet Mac OS X has featuers in it today that Longhorn might see in 2005. By that time Apple will be up to Mac OS 10.4 or 10.5, and Longhorn will look like a kids OS again. I enjoy being able to work in a Unix enviornment, a Linux enviornment, a Macintosh enviornment or a Windows enviornment all at the same time on the same machine. You can not do that in Windows. I enjoy having a UI design that was thought through as to where my mind/eyes would take me next. I enjoy having feedback on every action I perform. I enjoy the beautiful hardware design and the amazing complexity it took to make the components fit into the enclosures. I enjoy almost everything about Mac OS X.

Is the OS without its flaws? Oh heck no... There are some pretty major problems in OS X. There are also some pretty major problems in Windows, BeOS, SkyOS, Linux, etc. It happens. Some of the problems in Mac OS X are minor, others are pretty major. Apple has done a great job in keeping the major problems to a minimum and fixing them ASAP when they do show their ugly head.

No, I'm no idiot. I don't think you are either. I do believe that you have never actually given Apple a fair chance. Remember, Mac OS X is very different than Windows. The quirks you learned to make Windows do what you want don't exsist in Mac OS X. It will take a good month, maybe two to learn Mac OS X. And that's the problem. Most people fear change, and that's where the hatred of Mac OS X stems from. It's simply not possible to teach anyone who is afraid any other way of doing things. And that's why Mac users are different. We are willing to be taught, willing to learn, and willing to try new things. Most everyone else will try it for a week, and give up (or use a System 7 Macintosh in school and compare it to a Windows 2000 machine. But that's a different story).

But that's just my opinion, and I have been wrong many times before.

-SD

PS

Not once have I given a PC friend of mine, some lead IT for some pretty major companies, a Macintosh and they came back still using a PC. Last week alone have 3 'switchers' for the first time ever to the Macintosh. I don't have to sell them, just set the computer down in front of them and it will sell itself.

I never said I hated macs, and yes I've used them before, I have 2 at school which I use for class sometimes, their nice for video editing but other than that, theres not much else its worth for IMO. You can do all the same work on a pc as on a mac.

I never said I hated macs, and yes I've used them before, I have 2 at school which I use for class sometimes, their nice for video editing but other than that, theres not much else its worth for IMO. You can do all the same work on a pc as on a mac.

Do those Macs run OS X?

One last note... If you try it and give it a fair chance, and you still like Windows, by all means go back to Windows. There is *no right answer*. At least you will have tried something new, and maybe learned a thing or two... I respect Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS, all of them. They all have their strong points, and they all have their flaws. I think you'll find that of all the operating systems, Mac OS X has the most strong points and fewest flaws...