• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

I've finally switched!

blzd|sicmade    0

the reason i say that is cuzz i out benchmark fools on macs here in my town all the time ur proccessors barely hit the 1ghz mark a year ago? and where is pc? , 3.06 ghz! soooo think before u buy

so screw osx screw motorola, screw ur case designs screw itunes screw, screw steve jobs, SCREW APPLE

Steve    2
what exactly are you doing better on a mac that you couldn't do on a PC?

i hear people say stuff like this all the time but they never list exactly what they are doing or what amazing program they used.

enlighten me

Final Cut Express :D

...Oh, and altho its not an App ... i like the tight Sync Between my iPod, ..iCal, Address Book, iTunes ... Works like a dream, then there's ma Mobile Fone, which seemlessly interlinks with those apps, the same way the iPod does. :D

Diata    0
lmao and pc's are still better and cheaper hahah u got ripped off bro u blind fool

screw steve jobs and apple the future of nowhere lmao hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahhahahah :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

apple has actually come a long way. also, if you could post a better deal on that computer that myou must have found considering youre so convinced he got ripped off, im sure that would help out anyone looking for a pbook

frod    0

proper english grammar please? your first sentence made no sense to me.

anyways, intel/amd processors do outbenchmark ppcs at the moment, but the Hz rating is not what defines a proccessors speed. it is more of a relationship between number of flops per cycle and how many cycles per second. please don't make a statement before you understand what it means.

Steve    2
the reason i say that is cuzz i out benchmark fools on macs here in my town all the time ur proccessors barely hit the 1ghz mark a year ago? and where is pc? , 3.06 ghz! soooo think before u buy

so screw osx screw motorola, screw ur case designs screw itunes screw, screw steve jobs, SCREW APPLE

If you are going to post in a Mac Forum, and have no interest in Apple's products, why not actually re-read what you write, before you hit submit ... a lotta you people really don't know what an ass you make yourselves look! ... I am SURE 95% of you are more intelligent, than your posts in these type of forums suggest :huh:

blzd|sicmade    0

damn are we mad

frod    0

are you mistaking anger with reason and logic?

blzd|sicmade    0

lol

Fonze    0

i hear people say stuff like this all the time but they never list exactly what they are doing or what amazing program they used.

enlighten me

...Oh, and altho its not an App ... i like the tight Sync Between my iPod, ..iCal, Address Book, iTunes ... Works like a dream, then there's ma Mobile Fone, which seemlessly interlinks with those apps, the same way the iPod does. :D

Microsoft is the apple of PCs. all of their software works together. OS, Office, WMP9. i'm sure if microsoft made an mp3 player it would be in perfect sync with wmp9, but then some jackass would cry monopoly at them.

Creative recently released a patch that allows their mp3 players to work alot better with WMP9. Creative is making huge strides in driver/software development. they are finally seeing that hardware specs aren't everything when it comes to their products, their soundcards need good drivers to function

ohh yea, and there are a ton of different companies that make video editing software like Final Cut Express. microsoft even gave us one for free called windows movie maker 2, which i hear is very nice, tho i don't edit video from video cameras, i just re-encode it and burn to dvd.

this is a mac forum and i don't think pc users should be posting here, but mac users do make mac comments on pc forums

hoyablue    1

Lets approach this logically...

If the average windows user enjoys their PC, thinks its better than a mac, and uses it a lot. Then the average windows user posting here would either a) be inquiring or b) insulted others.

The majority of these posts fall under the latter, which I'm sure is violating some forum policy here.

Moreover, if it isn't a or b, it has to be c) JEALOUSY, in other words you can't stand that we had the money to shell out 3.5G's on an "overbloated system" and WE'RE LIKING IT.

Whichever option it is, is your choice... dumb@$$3$.

fissy    0

hehe wish i had 3.5 grand to waste on a pretty plastic box ;)

Diata    0

i wonder if anyone in here thinks a conclusion will be made to this argument

Steve    2

enlighten me

Microsoft is the apple of PCs. all of their software works together. OS, Office, WMP9. i'm sure if microsoft made an mp3 player it would be in perfect sync with wmp9, but then some jackass would cry monopoly at them.

Creative recently released a patch that allows their mp3 players to work alot better with WMP9. Creative is making huge strides in driver/software development. they are finally seeing that hardware specs aren't everything when it comes to their products, their soundcards need good drivers to function

ohh yea, and there are a ton of different companies that make video editing software like Final Cut Express. microsoft even gave us one for free called windows movie maker 2, which i hear is very nice, tho i don't edit video from video cameras, i just re-encode it and burn to dvd.

this is a mac forum and i don't think pc users should be posting here, but mac users do make mac comments on pc forums

Thats Great, but how things stand ... you are using the term "if Microsoft did" ... but they don't ... iPod on a Mac works GREAT.

I know MS Software can work well together, i have Office v.X and it works well. Altho i don't tend to use it very much anyhow, but i know that it does ;)

Hey, i can see you nor i want to argue about this ...

As for Windows Movie Maker, its more comparable to iMovie3 ... but hey, if thats not you're fort?, or you're not a Mac user, you probably wouldn't know that anyhow!;))

fissy    0

no, because no-one can agree because different things matter in varying proportions to different people.

die-hard pc users don't care about interface, look simplicity quite so much

mac users don't care so much about games and speed (and to some extent have more money than sense)

fissy

btw. i am a pc user who would like to be a mac user. lower your prices Jobs!

edit: the more money than sense was suppose to have :p ;) after it

blzd|sicmade    0

my bad my point is though is that i wish macs would come with a lil bit better hardware i do 3d animation and i use maya and recently aliaswavefront released there software for macs

and i dont understand how is that they can even do that macs come with no hardware capabilities they cant crunch numbers when i was in school we had to do adobe premier 6.0 on g3's and theyd crash all the time we finally got enough pettitions to get the school to use pcs cuz macs just suck i keep in touch with my old teacher who is certified from aliaswavefront and ive asked him if the software is sellin on the mac platform good and he showed me the numbers and no it isnt so how is it that people think there good? apple isnt making even half the money dell is and i dont see how is it there still alive itunes suck and motorola is always laying off people cuz there not making any money mainly cuz the macs dont sell

Diata    0

iTunes is superior to any mp3 media player ive used on windows...and that's one program. you have a valid reason to not be a mac user yourself, but just because it inconveniences you does not mean macs suck

hoyablue    1
hehe wish i had 3.5 grand to waste on a pretty plastic box ;)

Me too=), hence the auction, lol.

jackwanders    0
lmao and pc's are still better and cheaper hahah u got ripped off bro u blind fool

screw steve jobs and apple the future of nowhere lmao hahahahahahahahahaha.....

I got ripped off? Let's just see for a second.

I bought Apple's top of the line notebook for $2639. That includes the following:

17" widescreen

60GB HDD

512MB DDR

Gigabit Ethernet

54Mbps 802.11g Wireless

Bluetooth

DVDR/CDRW

Now I strolled over to Dell's Education site to see what they're top of the line notebook would cost w/ the same options (sans 17" screen, of course). Would you like to know what it came to? Just check the image.

So not only did I save over $300, I got a faster ethernet connection, bigger screen, 1" aluminum case, everything built-in (no PCMCIA cards to lose), and firewire 800.

I got ripped off?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

PS - I just like that quote.

post-60-1053309585.gif

blzd|sicmade    0
iTunes is superior to any mp3 media player ive used on windows...and that's one program. you have a valid reason to not be a mac user yourself, but just because it inconveniences you does not mean macs suck

winamps rulles it does video and mp3's and tell that to the 80+ plus students at that school :dj:

kryptonik    0

Before anyone tries to bash how he got ripped off can you tell me why I don't see Microsoft making there own **** and why they steal mostly everything they think of from Apple and just put a Windows flag on it?

Also, why aren't I seeing a 17" laptop that Microsoft made.

What can a Mac do? Run OS X, Linux, and Windows XP.

Think about it. :ermm:

jackwanders    0

Hey KrypToniK, don't forget UNIX, man.

blzd|sicmade    0
Also, why aren't I seeing a 17" laptop that Microsoft made.

What can a Mac do? Run OS X, Linux, and Windows XP.

Think about it. :ermm:

well...... they can crash and burn faster than a jet at a air show

shied    0

I want to switch, so who's going to buy me one? :D

kryptonik    0
Hey KrypToniK, don't forget UNIX, man.

My bad. :rolleyes:

kryptonik    0
well...... they can crash and burn faster than a jet at a air show

Explain what can crash...