I've finally switched!

jackwanders    0
Also, why aren't I seeing a 17" laptop that Microsoft made.

What can a Mac do? Run OS X, Linux, and Windows XP.

Think about it.  :ermm:

well...... they can crash and burn faster than a jet at a air show

Now you're not even making sense.

If you're gonna make an argument, do it. But don't make stupid analogies and what-have-you.

And if you were insinuating that Macs crash more than PCs, then thank you for making my day.

Diata    0
winamps rulles it does video and mp3's and tell that to the 80+ plus students at that school :dj:

i have winamp3 on my pc...i dont mind using a combination of iTunes and Quicktime...iTunes is much more organized

Fonze    0

This is what i came up with but i put the cpu down to 2ghz instead of 2.5.

this is the dell inspiron 8500 on the top and Apple on the bottom. notice the dell is 2ghz and the apple is 1ghz

post-60-1053310989.jpg

blzd|sicmade    0

ok i may be wrong but i know this theyll never be as good and fast as a pc period i mean why spend 1300 plus dollars when i can spend 800 and get a pc thatll out beat a mac that costs like 1200 ! u guys are blind and i can upgrade when i can how i can

CCtaylor    0

Well just picked up an Apple Display for my Powerbook....

First Mac and I cant stop Now!!!

CCDisplay.JPG

Diata    0

thats a nawesome setup youve got there my friend, what size is the apple display?

blzd|sicmade    0

BUT CAN U BUILD UR OWN MAC??????? ??

can u upgrade

can u customize it to fit your needs?

can it do high end 3d animations?

blzd|sicmade    0

can it have adobe premier render quality video?

Diata    0
BUT CAN U BUILD UR OWN MAC??????? ??

can u upgrade

can u customize it to fit your needs?

can it do high end 3d animations?

1. yes, you can add pretty much any hardware you like to a g4

2. as far as theming goes, absolutely. you can replace icons, change UI, etc. in all the same ways you can for windows

3. i personally have no experience, but if you say they released this program youre using for macs id assume you can do high end 3d animations.

kryptonik    0
Can u upgrade?
Sure you can.
Can u customize it to fit your needs?

OF COURSE!

Can it do high end 3d animations?
Sure, why not?
Can you run Windows XP?

Virtual PC

Can a PC run OS X?

Not in this generation. :rolleyes:

jackwanders    0

this is the dell inspiron 8500 on the top and Apple on the bottom. notice the dell is 2ghz and the apple is 1ghz

Three things.

First, I was comparing 'top-of-the-line' models. That means the best you can get. A 2.0Ghz proc is not the best you can get.

Second, I was talking about my personal situation, which included a discount. So in my case (not all cases), I didn't get ripped off. Not even close.

Third, Ghz mean nothing when comparing a PC to a Mac...you should know this much at the very least.

Diata    0

Three things.

First, I was comparing 'top-of-the-line' models. That means the best you can get. A 2.0Ghz proc is not the best you can get.

Second, I was talking about my personal situation, which included a discount. So in my case (not all cases), I didn't get ripped off. Not even close.

Third, Ghz mean nothing when comparing a PC to a Mac...you should know this much at the very least.

the mhz myth ;)

bararum    0
Well just picked up an Apple Display for my Powerbook....

First Mac and I cant stop Now!!!

http://idisk.mac.com/cctaylor-Public/CCDisplay.JPG

that's a beauty. And for all the flamers, good for you, you like your pc, i dont give a rat's ass, the topic of this forum wasnt "Are pc's better than macs?" so just shutup.

cq_    0

geez anyone with digidesign hadrware in there house should get punished.. ;) *cough* CCtaylor *cough*

I can't wait till the MWSF or whatever is next... 970 will pwn you freaking PC h4x0rz...

insurgent    0

Congrats Jack, and welcome to the family.

Ignore the stupid posts from kids that can't think for themselves. They prove their ignorance every time they hit 'Submit'. I'd be real curious to see what sort of person does high-end 3D animations and still has to upgrade their own system. Call me crazy, but anyone with any talent, working at a professional render farm, won't be tinkering around with their work systems. Probably more like adding lense flares to his AOL profile pic.

Speaking of high-end 3D animations...maybe you've heard of a little company called Pixar? They put out a few Disney movies...maybe you've heard of 'Toy Story'? Or 'Finding Nemo'? What about 'Monsters Inc.'? Little factoid about Pixar;

Pixar is located in Emeryville, California, and has over 600 employees. Pixar?s Office of the President consists of Steve Jobs, chairman and chief executive officer...

Gee...you think Apple might have *something* to do with graphics?

:rolleyes:

Now get back to your lense flares.

blzd|sicmade    0

the point is though that macs sucks period

compared to pc's

cq_    0

compared to pc's

explain how and why

blzd|sicmade    0

benchmark one against the other and find out for your self

jackwanders    0

Don't listen to him cq...we've tried dealing w/ him like adults, but apparently he won't stop until someone gets ****ed off at him.

Just ignore the little SOB and we'll all be happier for it.

kryptonik    0

compared to pc's

How do they suck?

Is it because they can run Linux, Windows, and OS X while PC can only run the OS's that nobody uses? BeOS and all that...?

Please, if you hate Macs so much then why do you even browse the Mac section...You're not special you know, so why don't you just think before you hit the 'submit' button. Is your monitor too blurry? You might need that Apple Cinema Display then. Too bad Apple makes all the good things. :wacko:

jackwanders    0

I've gotta say blzd|sicmade, your profile speaks volumes about you and your state of mind.

bararum    0

compared to pc's

no the point is that jack's happy with his new mac.

hey! maybe someday we'klll all see your right! God will smite all the macians for their sinful ways, but until then stay out of the mac forums.

insurgent    0

Macs suck?

Why, because they cost more? Because they look better? Because they can't run Windoze? Oh, wait, they can! Because they have the most advanced operating system available to the public? Because they hold their value better? Because they are built better, and with higher *quality* components? Because their user base isn't composed of a bunch of ignorant clueless jerkoffs that sit around running benchmarks to prove to strangers online how fast their perpetually outdated system is? Because buying a Mac enters a person into a close-knit community of people that care about their system and each other?

Please...how are PCs better again? Oh, yeah, they're faster. Hypothetically. And you have a wider variety of crappy games using the same tired engines and re-hashed plots and storylines. Man....I must really be missing out. Better run out and finance a craptastic Dell.

Oh, wait...don't they explode?

:whistle:

jackwanders    0

ok, ENOUGH!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Can't we put all this crap aside and get back to the topic at hand....ME?? :D :D :D

I'm kidding....Just felt like being a bit narcissistic for a minute. :ninja:

cq_    0
benchmark one against the other and find out for your self

I have... The 1Ghz powerbook 17" we have at work would fully go against anything the dell 3.06ghz would throw at it. Let's not start about OSX vs Xp either. OSX will win...

searching is INSANEly fast on OSX, XP it is just very slow.

now how about virus protection? XP sucks, infact windows sucks because all VIRUS' are FOR windows. you don't even need antivirus on OSX... What about internet, hate those freaking pop ups? safari for OSX renders AS FAST as the Fastest browser on XP (I Know I work with 2 dells 2.5ghz, 3.06gh HT and an Amd 1ghz at home with a dual 867G4, 1Ghz 17" powerbook, and 17" 800mhz G4 imac, and a 500mhz powerbook g3 at home), safari does this all while blocking popups with out 3rd party software...

I'm not calling you and idiot or anything, but obviously you haven't been able to prove anything...

Of course everyone knows, games are not for mac... thats why I have both platforms...