I've finally switched!

fissy, reading your posts around in this and other threads makes me want to give you this award.. here you go.. liar of the month! (Y) have a nice day conning around. :p

The imac you mention has less ram (which makes a difference as you will see if you try apple's configuration thing on their site), the powermac doesn't have a screen.

I was comparing to the apple store as well.

now will you please shutup about how macs costs ****loads more than pcs when they don't?
In no way have you proved that. You have shown that resellers can be slightly less of a ripoff than apple UK.
fissy, reading your posts around in this and other threads makes me want to give you this award.. here you go.. liar of the month!  have a nice day conning around.

Why don't you try proving that. I've already dealt with Wicked Kitten's reply. Why don't you try and say something yourself instead of failing to be funny.

The imac you mention has less ram (which makes a difference as you will see if you try apple's configuration thing on their site), the powermac doesn't have a screen.

I was comparing to the apple store as well.

In no way have you proved that. You have shown that resellers can be slightly less of a ripoff than apple UK.

fissy, reading your posts around in this and other threads makes me want to give you this award.. here you go.. liar of the month!? have a nice day conning around.

Why don't you try proving that. I've already dealt with Wicked Kitten's reply. Why don't you try and say something yourself instead of failing to be funny.

Um, actually, there are a few threads on here that I've seen you making an ass of yourself by spewing the same anti-mac crap thats been regurgitated over and over, so you in here saying you want a Mac is pretty much a lie. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you've said in other threads.

So why don't you go do something productive and quit posting in a forum where you arenot wanted> andno one cares to read anything you think, say, or feel?>

Is that direct enough for you? Or do you need something more obvious?

GO AWAY!>

there is one other thread where i have said anything about Macs, and i was slagging them off the least. I merely did some simple maths. If you don't like that, its your problem.

so you in here saying you want a Mac is pretty much a lie. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you've said in other threads.

You just don't get it do you, have you read anything i've said?

Does my desktop prove that i want a mac, I think it does:

post-60-1053386615.jpg

No, it just proves that the Windows GUI is designed by a half-blind mongoloid on crack, and you respect a nice looking OS. And it's not my problem, I could care less. It just means your a liar. Now would you GO AWAY?!

I should grow up? I'm not the one trolling in a forum where I'm not wanted and posting ignorant, uneducated opinions that amount to a pile of dogsh!t in the snow. Maybe if you had a goddamn clue about what you are talking about, and had any clue as to what Macs are about, other than some half-ass rip-off visual styles, you could insult my "baby". But, thus far, you've merely proven how stupid and irrelevant you are, and in such a profound manner that it cannot be disputed. Now STFU and go somewhere where someone actually gives a sh!t about what you think, if you can find such a place.

so still you can only insult me without saying anything worth saying?

But, thus far, you've merely proven how stupid and irrelevant you are, and in such a profound manner that it cannot be disputed.

You prove how stupid you are every time you speak because you are yet to make a point, just throw pathetic insults.

at no point did i ever try to turn this into a flame war... its mr high and mighty over there doing all the flaming

im not trying to put blame on anybody, simply saying if youre going to fight on neowin, in a macintosh forum, might as well be about macintoshes

hehe, i was, then people started calling me a liar, because they didn't agree with me, or because they managed to find a marginally cheaper deal than me, or because they were just pathetic and wanted to join on the bandwaggon insulting me

so still you can only insult me without saying anything worth saying?

You prove how stupid you are every time you speak because you are yet to make a point, just throw pathetic insults.

How many people have to tell you that your view is incorrect, or at the least unfounded and ignorant? You came in here spewing rhetoric that Macs have inflated prices, and are a waste of money. The first view could be, and was, disputed, and the second is relative to the individual, thus pointless to debate, since there is no real answer.

After that, you just started acting like a fussy childish ######.

What point would you like me to make? That I like Macs? That I don't believe they have inflated prices, or that mine isn't worth every penny I've paid? What are you wanting to discuss that hasn't been discussed thousands of times before? What purpose do you have coming into a Macintosh forum and saying that you think Macs are a waste of money? I think the answer is pretty apparent; you're a troll, and you want attention. Which is obvious, because you're still posting here, and yet not saying anything of relevence or value. Isn't there a game you could be playing or a hard drive to defrag or a registry to be repaired?

You know, seriously...why does this sh!t always happen in here? I've never seen trolling like this just brushed off and ignored by mods. What the hell is wrong with this forum? There will be pages and pages of anti-mac flames, and all the mods will say is to stop circumventing the swear filter. This is a gd macintosh forum. So why does every thread in here have some jerkoff insulting the intended topic of this forum, and why doesn't anyone seem to give a crap? Doesn't that seem a bit off to anyone else? Granted, this is a Windows-oriented site, but why have a Mac forum if it's going to be nothing but a flame-fest because no one seems interested in modding it, or cares enough to defend something they like and enjoy? It's starting to get to the point where I only come here when I'm itching to argue with a bunch of ignorant 14 year olds...and I'd rather not get another screen name banned, and I'm tired of posting the same points over and over in every damn thread. Can someone just explain to me why this BS is allowed to go on?

Some of you are so dumb that if Aliens came, you would be slapping the humane race in the face just by talking with them.

I own an Apple, I love it, but here's what ****ES me off...

1) Jobs being so DAMN secretive of his hardware updates for the macs. You'd think that a buyer is smart when buying a mac, smart when they buy an ibook only to learn that 2 weeks later Jobs updates it with something new. We have people here who don't want to buy the PowerMac because they are waiting for the speculated 970's to come in. come on apple, give us the DEALIO.

2) Yes, I do have performance issues. I THINK that the apple people need to start working EXTRA hard to get us FASTER processors.

The first view could be, and was, disputed,
yes and i disputed it too, only to suffer your bile because you don't seem to have a point to make.

if i said macs are a waste of money, i meant that they are bad value for money - a point i tried to make, and when faced with facts, you just threw insults instead. I'm amazed you think you can call me a childish ###### looking at all the thinks you've called me without reason over the last few pages of this thread.

What are you wanting to discuss that hasn't been discussed thousands of times before? What purpose do you have coming into a Macintosh forum

So i am denied the right to speak, because someone somewhere in the world may have said something along those lines before?

If you read the whole thread, it wasn't even me who started the argument. The fanatics here decided to respond to a stupid comment about how mac users are stupid. thats not my fault.

Which is obvious, because you're still posting here, and yet not saying anything of relevence or value.
Thats funny, because i haven't seen you say anything of value, just try to slag me off.
Isn't there a game you could be playing or a hard drive to defrag or a registry to be repaired?

Oh how in awe i am of your immense wit

Can't the two of you just shut the hell up already? Yes, fissy and insurgent. You're argument is going nowhere...you're posting the same stuff over and over. Just let it go. Please. Neither one of you is going to get the other to bow down, so what's the point?

Fissy, I don't understand why you would both complain about macs being overpriced and underpowerd, yet still be saving to buy one. Why buy something if you believe you're going to get ripped off? And if you believe that OSX is the best OS around (which I think you mentioned earlier), then isn't that worth the extra price, hence making them 'not' overpriced...

Insurgent, all you're doing is encouraging him to continue this road to nowhere. Telling him to STFU or go away is only going to bring more posts...you should know this by now.

Can we please end it? Thank you.

I don't want anyone to bow down, I just don't want to be insulted for making a reasonable point, when people had already done the same, but from the opposite point of view.

And if you believe that OSX is the best OS around (which I think you mentioned earlier), then isn't that worth the extra price, hence making them 'not' overpriced...
Kind of... Apple use a brilliant OS to sell overpriced hardware. Imagine if they used windows, no-one would buy them would they? Apple use OS X as alever to charge more than they should for their product. If this were Microsoft, someone would be filing a lawsuit i think.

I am still willing to buy because it is such a good OS, I accept though that i will be paying more than apple deserve. what alternative do i have though if i want it? steal a mac?

Insurgent, all you're doing is encouraging him to continue this road to nowhere

I stopped ages ago. i was only defending my self from that idiots bashing.

Sure, I know I paid a lot for my Powerbook, but considering I had a student discount, I feel I got what I paid for. In fact, I wouldn't have bought the 17" model if I didn't have the discount, because 3300 bucks for a laptop is a lot. Too much for me to spend. I do however, think it's justified, considering everything it has. If a PC manufacturer were to come out with a 17" laptop in a 1" case w/ a slot loading DVD-RW, firewire 400, firewire 800, 802.11g wireless, gigabit ethernet, a 60GB HDD, Radeon 9000 graphics, 512MB DDR, a back-lit keyboard, and bluetooth (all built in btw, no PCMCIA cards), you can guarantee that it would cost well over 3000 bucks.

So like I said before, IN MY OPINION, at least the apple laptops cost more because they come with more, in a better package. Same goes for the iMacs. They come w/ a big 17" LCD screen in an 'ingenious' enclosure that only takes up 10.5" of desk space. That is worth some cash right there. However, I can't speak for the Powermacs, as I've never really looked at them or spec'd them out.

And yes, I agree with you. Insurgent is a bit harsh. But it's hard for the long-time visitors to this mac forum not to be that way when nearly every thread draws PC users and it boils down to a flame fest.

The macs don't seem to compare so well over here in the UK is part of the problem i think. The 17" seems to cost almost as much as over there, but in ? instead. we're probably poorer over here too, so the pc seems even more attractive. It is an amazing computer, but if you add on a few options i could probably buy a brand new car for the same price.

And yes, I agree with you. Insurgent is a bit harsh. But it's hard for the long-time visitors to this mac forum not to be that way when nearly every thread draws PC users and it boils down to a flame fest.

i've seen the people saying mac users are stupid, and that must be really annoying. But in no way was he justified to swear at me on pretty much every line he wrote.

i've seen the people saying mac users are stupid, and that must be really annoying. But in no way was he justified to swear at me on pretty much every line he wrote.

It's a shame everyone can't act like adults around here. I know a lot of the people here are teenagers or even younger, but sometimes people feel like they can stop acting civilized as long as someone else started it.

And yeah, it is annoying when uninformed PC users find their way here and simply spout "macs suck. 2.5Ghz is more than 1Ghz!" (blzd being a case in point). I should write out a nice long, educated response and keep it saved for when people post that garbage. Not that it would do any good though. PC users are mostly illiterate as it is.

I'm kidding! :whistle: :shifty: :whistle:

Seriously, I am. I'm a PC user and me english am prefect.

PC users are mostly illiterate as it is.
Seriously, I am. I'm a PC user and me english am prefect.

lol

I should write out a nice long, educated response and keep it saved for when people post that garbage.

get the mods to put a button for it next to reply ;)

true, but it was unnecessary to provoke him

another point- no one will ever settle this disupte. there will never be a point where any mac user says "youre right, macs do suck", nor will there be a pc user to say "o, wow good point, ive been so wrong all along". so coming into a macintosh forum simply saying they suck is obviously going to p*ss people off, so try to avoid it. no one will get mad if you ask "why do you prefer mac over pc", but saying "macs suck" is just stupid. come on now, son.