Orange - The worst provider ever!

My experiences with Virgin make me believe they are the best provider out there. I know everyone is different but I really do rate Virgin.

I would never touch Tiscali. My girlfriends parents use it and it is always down. When it does connect you see speeds that are more like dial-up then broadband.

Im with Sky atm which are proving well, My second option would be o2

An annoying thing about Sky are how they like to constantly increase the monthly payments with what seems no notice at all or even a reason

Im with Sky atm which are proving well, My second option would be o2

An annoying thing about Sky are how they like to constantly increase the monthly payments with what seems no notice at all or even a reason

I was with Sky before, I asked them if they could move me to the new 1.2Mbps upload speed and they told me no and I went through a few people there and they refused to let me move it 'My line won't support them speeds'.

I told them I wanted to leave and cancel everything. So they offered me a new Sky+ box with free installation :D I took that, but still moved the broadband to O2 and everything has been great since.

I have between 10-13Mbps down with O2 as opposed to 9Mbps with Sky and 1.2Mbps up as opposed to 768Kbps with Sky.

My youtube video streaming for some reason was very, very slow with Sky (which I spoke to someone about for nearly an hour and a half and they said they don't know why the problem exists) so they gave up and blamed youtube, problem doesn't exist with O2.

My parents were with Wanadoo/Orange for a number of years and I also noticed a decrease in the quality of the service. I had nearly 6 months of hell with Orange where the speed was about 1/4 of what I was supposed to get and they just kept saying 'we are aware of a problem and are working to fix it' - well thats what the script readers at their Indian call centres where saying. If you ever got through to their call centres in Darlington or Middlesbrough they were much more helpful!

I persuaded my dad to sign up with BT (even though they were more expensive), that was nearly 2 years ago, and its been perfect - the speed is exactly what we should be getting, the Home Hub is a fantastic piece of kit and the wireless range is great! I've just moved in with some mates and they are with Sky and it seems decent so far.

But like most on here i've heard nothing but bad reviews of TalkTalk. They may be cheap but you get what you pay for!

My parents were with Wanadoo/Orange for a number of years and I also noticed a decrease in the quality of the service. I had nearly 6 months of hell with Orange where the speed was about 1/4 of what I was supposed to get and they just kept saying 'we are aware of a problem and are working to fix it' - well thats what the script readers at their Indian call centres where saying. If you ever got through to their call centres in Darlington or Middlesbrough they were much more helpful!

I presuaded my dad to sign up with BT, that was nearly 2 years ago, and its been perfect - the speed is exactly what we should be getting, the Home Hub is a fantastic piece of kit and the wireless range is great! I've just moved in with some mates and they are with Sky and it seems decent so far.

But like most on here i've heard nothing but bad reviews of TalkTalk. They may be cheap but you get what you pay for!

My dad is with BT and, although he is in an area that is rather far away from the exchange, he gets 3Mbps. BT said he can get 2Mbps and it is actually a constant 3Mbps, it's stable and sometimes browsing seemed a bit quicker on BT than it did with Sky.

When they tell me that 20Mbps from BT is available in my area I may consider (again) having a look at it :p

My dad is with BT and, although he is in an area that is rather far away from the exchange, he gets 3Mbps. BT said he can get 2Mbps and it is actually a constant 3Mbps, it's stable and sometimes browsing seemed a bit quicker on BT than it did with Sky.

When they tell me that 20Mbps from BT is available in my area I may consider (again) having a look at it :p

You still wont get it. Remember it depends on the area, distance from the exchange etc.

You still wont get it. Remember it depends on the area, distance from the exchange etc.

I already have 12Mbps so I think the package will be available to me :/ We shall see :)

I am with BE* and loving it!, having been stuck with Virgin Throttle Media for 4years, it was lovely to move to an area where BE* have an exchange right at the end of the road :D

I honestly have no problems with BT, they're speeds are always up in the high 900's with torrents and I've never had ANY downtime with them here whatsoever so I'm very happy :D

Look on the bright side: No matter how many problems you folks in the UK are having with your respective providers, you're still a hell of a lot better off than us in Canada. Our data plans are a worldwide joke, and our broadband services aren't a whole lot better.

That said, your blog post makes the situation sound pretty bad. As many problems as I've had with Shaw, I've never had a tech support person ask me if the power light is on, lol.

I'm with BT and we've had no problems at all, ever. We're happy with what we have.

I've been using Virgin for the past few years, I didn't have too much of an issue with STM on 20mb, it was still decent. Im now living on my own with the 50mb package, with no STM and I couldn't be happier! The 50mb users have their own dedicated 0800 number to call when they have issues so I get a UK tech, almost every time. I had to call them just after it was installed because I was only getting 10mb, but he did something on his end, and its been stable ever since.

Couldn't recommend them enough to be completely honest. Im stuck here at work trying to activate Nildram SDSL and its all going pete tong.

Look on the bright side: No matter how many problems you folks in the UK are having with your respective providers, you're still a hell of a lot better off than us in Canada. Our data plans are a worldwide joke, and our broadband services aren't a whole lot better.

That said, your blog post makes the situation sound pretty bad. As many problems as I've had with Shaw, I've never had a tech support person ask me if the power light is on, lol.

i use shaw

i get a consitent 2mbps up/30mbps down from them, even though im only paying for extreme-i which is rated at 15down/1up

they down down maybe once a year for a few hours, i think twice this year so far though, and i never have issues in games and stuff, i torrent heavily while gaming, no lag

ive gotten up to 4.5mbps off a torrent to