Samsung UN40B6000 or LN40B650 - B750

I just had a question for everyone here about the Samsung UN40B6000. I know all of the technology behind this television, but I understand it's relatively new to the market and I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this set. I've seen it at Best Buy, but it's pretty hard to get a good gauge on the quality in the store with poor lighting conditions, etc.

Also, I was looking at the Samsung LN40B650 or LN40B750. If anyone's got any advice regarding these televisions, please share!

Thanks

I just had a question for everyone here about the Samsung UN40B6000. I know all of the technology behind this television, but I understand it's relatively new to the market and I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this set. I've seen it at Best Buy, but it's pretty hard to get a good gauge on the quality in the store with poor lighting conditions, etc.

Also, I was looking at the Samsung LN40B650 or LN40B750. If anyone's got any advice regarding these televisions, please share!

Thanks

I have the un40b6000. This set rocks. Its hard to believe that its so thin .The picture pretty much beats out a lot of the sets in the stores except for a select few. Between the three you listed I would say has the best picture quality.

IF you have any questions let me know.

I suggest going here http://www.avsforum.com/ they will be able to get you much better help when chosing between these three sets.

The ln40b750 has better picture then the un40b6000 but no by much and has the youtube widgets and stuff but the un40b6000 consumes a lot less power so its all in what your looking for.

Edited by majortom1981

I have the un40b6000. This set rocks. Its hard to believe that its so thin .The picture pretty much beats out a lot of the sets in the stores except for a select few. Between the three you listed I would say has the best picture quality.

IF you have any questions let me know.

I suggest going here http://www.avsforum.com/ they will be able to get you much better help when chosing between these three sets.

The ln40b750 has better picture then the un40b6000 but no by much and has the youtube widgets and stuff but the un40b6000 consumes a lot less power so its all in what your looking for.

Thanks for such a quick response! I can PM you with any further questions, but I figured I'd ask in here if you don't mind so other people can see the answers. Do you do any gaming on the UN40B6000? I was a little worried about claims of input lag on all three sets that I mentioned, but I was curious as to what a gamer thought, not so much about physical time delay, etc. I was really impressed with the contrast on the UN40B6000, even in the store, so I'd be excited to get it home.

Thanks again

Agreed, I have the ln52b750

The LED sets are nice but IMHO are not worth the premium. Im not sure if the UN40's suffer from the same screen uniformity issues that the UN52's do but beware of that and the flashlighting is more pronounced one the LED sets becuase they are edge lit and not back lit

Agreed, I have the ln52b750

The LED sets are nice but IMHO are not worth the premium. Im not sure if the UN40's suffer from the same screen uniformity issues that the UN52's do but beware of that and the flashlighting is more pronounced one the LED sets becuase they are edge lit and not back lit

I've heard of these issues as well, but from what I've read and seen, the 40 inch model is not affected as severely as the large model as there is less screen real estate the LED's must light.

Do you have any gaming experience on the B750? I read some horror stories related to significant input lag on that specific model.