Moments in your gaming career which made you go, "WOW!"?

OK, another WoW moment like the other. So we had a guild of close to 400 or so, and we were in a 20man instance. We are fighting a boss and one of our top hunters Omorc "he was usually in the top 2 or 3 DPS" is not talking at all, and not responding to guild chat or whispers. So there stands Omorc like a statue, and all of a sudden I see him move around and hear an echoed version of Omorcs voice saying "OK, I'm back", and. I said, "Omorc, you sound out of breath, and like Darth Vader, where did you go?". He said "I'm in the tub with my laptop, there is a tornado passing over". We all froze and told him to quit and take cover, but he would not. So a bit later he started sounding normal "no tub", it was over and he was safe, except that a tree had landed on his car (we found out as we were sorting the loot). So Darth Omorc got top DPS as usual, and it was the 1st time that we took down that boss.

In the first Call of Duty, my entire team had clogged themselves in a staircase somehow, and one of the players from the opposing team ran up with the PPSH-41 and gunned us all down. He got eleven kills in less than one second.

"Wow, my teammates are retarded". (although in all fairness, it was really just a couple idiots who got the entire crowd killed)

OK, another WoW moment like the other. So we had a guild of close to 400 or so, and we were in a 20man instance. We are fighting a boss and one of our top hunters Omorc "he was usually in the top 2 or 3 DPS" is not talking at all, and not responding to guild chat or whispers. So there stands Omorc like a statue, and all of a sudden I see him move around and hear an echoed version of Omorcs voice saying "OK, I'm back", and. I said, "Omorc, you sound out of breath, and like Darth Vader, where did you go?". He said "I'm in the tub with my laptop, there is a tornado passing over". We all froze and told him to quit and take cover, but he would not. So a bit later he started sounding normal "no tub", it was over and he was safe, except that a tree had landed on his car (we found out as we were sorting the loot). So Darth Omorc got top DPS as usual, and it was the 1st time that we took down that boss.

:rofl: You win

Playing the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Beta with my buddy on Ventrilo and yelling "Oh ****! There's a tank!" And seeing that tank get hit by our rockets only to blow up in our face and make us go deaf for a couple of seconds. Definitely made me go "Wow."

First time i ever beat The Guardian Legend (TGL) for nes. For its time, that game was revolutionary with its large worlds, fluid game play, and nice visuals. From time to time i fire up the old emulator and give it a whirl just for old times sake. One game i will never forget!

post-47386-12665753138619_thumb.jpg

In the first Call of Duty, my entire team had clogged themselves in a staircase somehow, and one of the players from the opposing team ran up with the PPSH-41 and gunned us all down. He got eleven kills in less than one second.

"Wow, my teammates are retarded". (although in all fairness, it was really just a couple idiots who got the entire crowd killed)

hmm was that COD 1.1 in pavlov? Because I remember killing a lot of germans where they spawn, one of them wouldn't move and there were like 5-6 blocked on the stairs (why they wouldn't take the other way out I will never know lol)

Man they were looking helpless :D

hmm was that COD 1.1 in pavlov? Because I remember killing a lot of germans where they spawn, one of them wouldn't move and there were like 5-6 blocked on the stairs (why they wouldn't take the other way out I will never know lol)

Yup, exactly. I believe the Germans start at the bottom of a ruined building, and they can either run outside or run upstairs. For some reason, almost everybody decided to go upstairs, but the first and last people up the stairs stopped moving and blocked everybody off. Of course, the PPSH-41 was ridiculous in that game, so somebody managed to slaughter us all without having to reload. There were a lot of unhappy people on the team.

Settlers I, because that was the first PC game I played. Key moment of my life.

Fighting Diablo in Diablo 2. A very cool boss in itself and the first one I saw in an Action-RPG.

Most of the Warcraft III cinematics. These were absolutely epic.

Casting Death Spell for the first time in Baldur's Gate II. It ACTUALLY kills everything instantly, a.k.a. Mass Avadakevra. How cool is that?

Half-Life 2, Doom 3. Major graphical breakthroughs, still look great today especially Doom 3.

Portal, of course.

And Team Fortress 2 still makes me wow periodically, after more than 2 years of playing.

Opening to mass effect, closing scene of Halo 3(not after credits(well that too)), final boss fight in mass effect 2 and freaking final scene. ME3 can not come fast enough. O and my first time to use the pipes to skip levels in super Mario Bros lol.

One of my wow moments was picking up Knights Of The Old Republic made by Bioware. the way the game immersed you into the world of star wars like never before and how you as an avatar connected with the npc's[Non Playable Characters] and how they grew to like you or hate you. and since then i have just been like wow! with bioware games and rockstar games have just took my breath away with the cultures they pull you into be it a mob family or a gang war even table tennis.

Needless to say both of those companies have given me tons of wow moments like the alternate ending to max payne 2.

Pokemon Gold / Silver - The entire game was f***ing awesome.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - The final level when you shoot the bad guy, so sad yet so awesome.

Civilization IV - Destroying my first enemy Civ with a variety of Tactical Nukes and Modern Armour.

I will add another one in my list: The first time you enter a platform room in the first Collector's ship in Mass Effect 2

Wow moments huh. Only a few games have ever made me go "wow" and got me addicted but here goes. Mass Effect 1 and 2, best games I have played in quite a while, the story, gameplay and graphics are amazing. Half Life 2 was also fantastic. I'm a huge fan of games with a story and soul but I also like graphics. Star Wars based games also make me wow but since Jedi Academy, there hasn't been much to wow about.

That was and still is my favourite CoD map ever :heart: