SCEE confirms three-hour press conference for GamesCom

Lol but dropping hints about a Killzone 2 bundle is a whole different thing to what that tard has said in Sniper's quote.

Seriously why would any Sony rep roll into a GameStop and outright giveaway what would be the biggest news of a conference taking place the week after? There is zero benefit to the rep...and really, there's potentially a lost job waiting for him if Sony HQ found out he was talking when he wasn't supposed to.

Slim and PS2 BC may well be announced next week...but anyone could have made up some plausible sounding story by now.

Yeah all you need to do is look at all the rumours about the slim/PS2 BC patents then pull a quote like the above out your ass, sit on it for 5 days, if it turns out to be right in the face of the mounds of evidence supporting it, claim your site TOLD YOU ALL SO!

You're bound to see blogs everywhere claiming they have sources saying the slim is real in the upcoming days, why not when we all know it is real anyway...

On the note of the Slim,

PSSlimEPICott-1.gif

:laugh:

I think we're going to be disappointed if we're expecting to see some amazing new firmware 3.0 that bridges the gap between PSN and Xbox Live with party voice chat and cross game invites. The same goes for software PS2 BC too. I'd love them to be announced, but I'm not holding my breath. Right now I'm just expecting the PS3 Slim to be announced, anything else is a bonus.

So its the 18th right? I posted this on Sunday in my time zone and someone responded tomorrow, but tomorrow was already there in that time zone so what they meant was the day after tomorrow, the 18th?

Will their be any live streams or anything of that sort?

I haven't heard about any video streams, but Eurogamer.net will have live text updates. I'm guessing IGN will too, but Eurogamer's doesn't require refreshing the page.

I know they like to do maintenance on Tuesday anyway, but I'm posting it in hope that some of you will take it to mean that the second coming of sliced bread. :p

The PlayStation?Network will be taken offline for maintenance on August 18, 2009 from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM PST. We apologize for any inconvenience.

During this time you may:

* Not be able to access the PlayStation?Store

* Not be able to play online games

* See a maintenance page when attempting to access the PlayStation Network

PS Knowledge Center

A bit off topic, but why didn't Microsoft or Nintendo have a confrence? Seems like Sony was the only one at GC.

MS's is tomorrow. I don't think Nintendo ever does one @ Gc