Mixed-access WLAN?

Hi all.

Recently, by way of the magnanimity of a friend, I've come into possession of a Linksys WRT54GL. I have a WPA2 WLAN set up and it works beautifully, but I was wondering if it was at all possible to configure some kind of dual-access network. I live in an apartment complex and so there are plenty of folks in close proximity (either who live there or who are visitors) who may want to use WiFi and may not be immediately able to get on a network.

I'm hoping to set up something where users who are either in the MAC whitelist or who have the password (e.g. myself, my visitors, others I know personally) can get on and get full access - uPnP, IM, torrents, FTP, etc., and where others (e.g. strangers passing through) can get plain web access for checking E-mail, reading news, using MyLinkedTwitteringFaceSpace or whatever, and otherwise using non-bandwidth-intensive applications.

'Cause I'm just a nice guy like that.

So can this be done with this model? Perhaps via Tomato or DD-WRT or some such?

Awesome. Thanks much, I think I'll be playing with DD-WRT in the near future.

Not sure about tomato -- but sure DD-WRT can create multiple Wireless networks. And you can even isolate that wireless from wired and other wirelesss with vlans, etc.

It also supports hotspot software such as chillispot and sputnik.