Windows 7 RTM Discussion

Well, since the morons at Wzor have been announcing "this is it! RTM!!!" every week for the past two months, you have to assume one of these days they are going to hit it on the nose, hahaha.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

they actually haven't.

THey put out a message the other day because they were tired of people twisting what they say.

This is the first time they've claimed that a build is final RTM.

Well, since the morons at Wzor have been announcing "this is it! RTM!!!" every week for the past two months, you have to assume one of these days they are going to hit it on the nose, hahaha.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

They have never announced, before today, that a build was signed off as rtm. You are the broken clock.

I think people at some point lost perspective as to what it is - an OS release. BFD.

You are on a tech site and I know exactly what it is. Your point again?

my guess is that there will be a final recompile for those icons...

+1

Can't imagine Microsoft bringing 7 out with half-Vista half-7 sounds and icons.

Sorry if this bursts any bubbles, but connect testers will NOT be getting a free copy of Windows 7.

They only gave techbeta 2 builds for a reason. Windows betas have become like office, get 2 builds and a pat on the back, nothing more. So for those of you expecting a copy, don't hold your breath.

I doubt that, Microsoft even sent free hardware to testers like tuners and GPU's. I would be surprised if they wouldn't reward testers with free copy again.

Fortunately I can always get it from technet but I would much rather get it as a reward for all the hard work I did.

You realise how stupid a recompile just for sounds and icons once an RTM build has been signed off sounds right? Once a build has been confirmed RTM there is sod all that can change on that build without resetting the RTM counter and the build being required to be signed off all over again. Even ultra minor changes like icons and sound effects need testing.

+1

Can't imagine Microsoft bringing 7 out with half-Vista half-7 sounds and icons.

As unamaginable as that may be, unfortunately that is how it will be. Which is a real shame as those "3d like" vista icons really do look out of place next to the new and flat control panel/paint/calculator icons.

Why wouldnt MS Recompile this build just to finalize things ? Wzor says that the 85 build has the gold code, doesnt mean the entire build gets into the 'final' bin ?

RTM = 0 changes until the start of the Windows 8 project or 7 SP1.

What RtM looks like is that will be on the DVD in store.

You realise how stupid a recompile just for sounds and icons once an RTM build has been signed off sounds right?

Not at all buddy, Microsoft might have left something for the very latest compile/s... the wow effect you know?

I think some of you guys need to understand what RTM sign off actually means. Once it is signed off, that is it, it will not see any further changes at all. Not even a few new icons, it means it's finalised, end of.

I think some of you guys need to understand what RTM sign off actually means. Once it is signed off, that is it, it will not see any further changes at all. Not even a few new icons, it means it's finalised, end of.

QFT

No untouched ISO out there yet. :(

You sir are wrong, look at WZOR and you will see you are wrong.

93227508.th.png

i removed the torrent links to avoid being banned. But they are there

Would that matter though? only diff is no IE so the key should still work?

Hmm.

Yeah, I think you're right there. It would be nice if it did.

93227508.th.png

The only English bit on that picture says "iso has been made from original ms files and folders set" - so it's not an untouched iso, they've packaged it into an iso.

93227508.th.png

Are you ****in serious? It says right there "ISO has been made from bla bla bla"

So like the guy said there is no untouched iso ffs.

I'm amused that some people are wailing over the lack of icon changes. I don't really care. don't like it, change it when you get it. Really not that difficult to do so.

I'm amused that some people are wailing over the lack of icon changes. I don't really care. don't like it, change it when you get it. Really not that difficult to do so.

I never like to change the icons or theme on my system. I like to use the official icons and the official theme. With half new icons and half old icons, it's just going to feel unfinished to me, which is a shame because of how good Windows 7 really is.

It may not be hard to change icons, but I'd like to keep the official ones and I'd like the old official ones to be the same style as these new official ones - it makes sense to me.

I don't get it, why is it only Ultimate? AFAIK they will include all editions in only one DVD. So did they just extract the Ultimate VHD image and created an ISO? Man, I want to install the Home Premium edition so I can use my genuine key to activate it when it's available at Technet.