Windows 7 RTM Discussion

Wzor has definitely been the most UNreliable source of information about win7.

There I fixed the post.

One must also understand that people that fed them information, gave them valid information only for that moment in time. Plans change and even bill gates himself would not have been able to say with certainty when win7 was to rtm.

Actually, I've said since LAST YEAR that Windows 7 would RTM the end of July. And I'm not Bill Gates. :)

Wzor has proven to be nothing more that rank-amateur wanna-be "leakers" who just happen to have access to the build lists without apparently having any idea what those numbers or beta cycles actually mean.

The good news is that they've learned a lot this time around and will surely be more accurate when Windows 8 goes alpha. :p

There I fixed the post.

Actually, I've said since LAST YEAR that Windows 7 would RTM the end of July. And I'm not Bill Gates. :)

Wzor has proven to be nothing more that rank-amateur wanna-be "leakers" who just happen to have access to the build lists without apparently having any idea what those numbers or beta cycles actually mean.

The good news is that they've learned a lot this time around and will surely be more accurate when Windows 8 goes alpha. :p

You referring to WZOR, you wouldn't have a clue on how much they know or what they're sources are.

However, based on the direction of what most Microsoft "Partners" (Example: Displex) have claimed, I wouldn't be surprised if 16385 has really signed off as RTM.

Hm. .. possibly a litttle bit premature there I fancy GT .. after all not many people seem to have of Displex, and you could hardly define one company name as 'most Microsoft "partners" .. are there other names here?

.. and it is only the weekend still, and I don't suppose much is going on in the manufacturing labs at Microsoft ..

Right. I wouldn't really expect to hear anything until Monday, but I'm a little inclined to believe that they Microsoft have signed off on RTM, because the timing seems pretty right and makes sense, but I'm not gonna go about and rush to download the leaked version because for all we know, they may have used a different sub-build than what 16385 have.

"Over the past week, there have been many rumors surrounding RTM," wrote Brandon LeBlanc, Microsoft's in-house Windows blogger, in a post late Monday. "We are close, but have not yet signed off on Windows 7," said LeBlanc.

LeBlanc said Microsoft won't sit on the news once it has polished off Windows 7. "When we RTM you will most certainly hear it here," said LeBlanc. He added that the news would likely come in the next couple of weeks?from official sources or reputable industry publications and Web sites.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet," wrote LeBlanc.

and this?:dontgetit:t:

Right. I wouldn't really expect to hear anything until Monday, but I'm a little inclined to believe that they Microsoft have signed off on RTM, because the timing seems pretty right and makes sense, but I'm not gonna go about and rush to download the leaked version because for all we know, they may have used a different sub-build than what 16385 have.

I agree .. I'm using 16384 x64 at the mo .. and I've d'loaded 16385 too ( just for fun!), but I think I'll hold on with what I got for a couple of days now.

It's been quite a ride though .. much more re-installing that XP or Vista ever was!!

Errm... they haven't done that since the XP based MCE2004/2005 beta tests afaik, they even sent PCs to the first MCE 2004 beta testers (and never asked for them to be sent back, except for a few guys... hey creamhackered ;)), I still have that ol' piece of junk around I guess (P4 3.06GHz with RDRAM ffs)

No, I and many other MCE testers got tuners and some got GPU's when Windows 7 Media Center beta started.

You referring to WZOR, you wouldn't have a clue on how much they know or what they're sources are.

Curiously ironic comment, since you clearly don't have a clue what I do or do not know about their sources. :)

lol at this on other forums...

Windows.XP.Pro.Corporate.Final-DEVILS0WN

^^^

When pirates knew what they were talking about!!! Final means Final! I don't recall 100 different RTM's!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol at this on other forums...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, there were several builds that led up to that "final" RTM build aka Devil's Own years past. It's never a one-build-ok-it's-done situation, that's impossible. And considering Windows 7 probably has 25x the amount of code that XP did/does, there's nothing surprising about the current state of affairs with all the builds.

The only surprising thing is the amount of leaks, but, it's a given I suppose. Not like people keep their word or anything... heaven forbid...

There I fixed the post.

Ok, whatever makes you happy.

my question is if this is the final final why did the source leaking to wozor not give them the official iso's? why do i see "iso have been made from original MS files and folders set." under each release? Thats stupid that the leaker inside ms didnt take the time to give them the proper and then so someone will come along and show them up with a proper proper. I however hope that my favorite IRC channel still does what they did with vista final and makes a x86/x64 iso so you can have EVERYTHING on one dvd.

Edited by John S.
removed the derogatory term 'm$'

my question is if this is the final final why did the source leaking to wozor not give them the official iso's? why do i see "iso have been made from original MS files and folders set." under each release? Thats stupid that the leaker inside ms didnt take the time to give them the proper and then so someone will come along and show them up with a proper proper. I however hope that my favorite IRC channel still does what they did with vista final and makes a x86/x64 iso so you can have EVERYTHING on one dvd.

According to wzor, no such proper iso exists inside microsoft at this time. Now, whether that means another recompile will happen or whether it is simply a matter of time is anyone's guess. Furthermore, wzor stated on one of the russian forums (not on torrents.ru) that the iso (which they are hosting) was created by somebody inside microsoft (in fact the iso itself has microsoft stamps), it just wasn't done on the regular/proper iso building "machine".

my question is if this is the final final why did the source leaking to wozor not give them the official iso's? why do i see "iso have been made from original m$ files and folders set." under each release? Thats stupid that the leaker inside ms didnt take the time to give them the proper and then so someone will come along and show them up with a proper proper. I however hope that my favorite IRC channel still does what they did with vista final and makes a x86/x64 iso so you can have EVERYTHING on one dvd.

Because that's the file structure on \\winbuilds\ inside MS. They probably didn't compile an ISO and instead it's in folders, not unusual.

Ok. I'm hanging fire at the moment on the latest 16385 build. I know there is speculation that this build is the signed off gold rtm etc..

My questions are - is it safe enough to install this as a final OS?

What difference does it make whether the ISO was compiled on the 'official' machine or not, with folders inside MS?

Because that's the file structure on \\winbuilds\ inside MS. They probably didn't compile an ISO and instead it's in folders, not unusual.

Cheers Tom W - So the build released on WZOR is going to be the same even if they did release another ISO?

Any help to clarify will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Kango

Nope, the ISO does not carry a digital signature. Only the files inside it do.

What I meant by the iso having microsoft stamp was the information about what program the iso was created in contained microsoft details. I believe that the iso creation software was registered to microsoft. Someone posted a screen of this, but I can't find it now. Can't take a screen myself as I just used the loose files from the chinese leaker and installed from a bootable partition on a usb drive without messing about with the isos.

Ok. I'm hanging fire at the moment on the latest 16385 build. I know there is speculation that this build is the signed off gold rtm etc..

My questions are - is it safe enough to install this as a final OS?

What difference does it make whether the ISO was compiled on the 'official' machine or not, with folders inside MS?

there's no way of knowing, at this time whether 16385 is really the final or not, I would personally wait until the official RTM is out and then use that, to ensure that you have the final thing. Even if the speculation is true, I'd just wait for the real thing.

there's no way of knowing, at this time whether 16385 is really the final or not, I would personally wait until the official RTM is out and then use that, to ensure that you have the final thing. Even if the speculation is true, I'd just wait for the real thing.

Hi Gio.

Thanks for sorting that out. I've read loads and loads of posts from all sorts of sites and everyone was saying different things.

If 16385 is confirmed by MS to be the final, then is WZORs 16385 the right one to get?

Sorry to be a pain.

Cheers again,

Kango

Hi Gio.

Thanks for sorting that out. I've read loads and loads of posts from all sorts of sites and everyone was saying different things.

If 16385 is confirmed by MS to be the final, then is WZORs 16385 the right one to get?

Sorry to be a pain.

Cheers again,

Kango

Maybe. Maybe not. For all we know, Microsoft could've compiled another subbuild, and that could be the RTM, rather than 16385. To each their own in the long run.