[Re-Updated] NXE Update - Now Available

It was released on live early? Or Midnight EST?

I just checked and the update has not been pushed, I will most likely be up around 4 or 5am EST.

I just checked and the update has not been pushed, I will most likely be up around 4 or 5am EST.

Thanks. Back to playing Madden 10 then.

In related news:

We actually had to brush the fog off of our spectacles to ensure that hazy conditions weren't clouding our comprehension abilities, but sure enough, that Netflix streaming that Xbox LIVE members have grown to love won't ever (ever!) land on Sony's PlayStation 3 nor on Nintendo's Wii. At the very bottom of Microsoft's long list of details surrounding today's Xbox LIVE update, we're clearly told that the Netflix Watch Instantly integration is now an "exclusive partnership," with Microsoft going so far as to say that the "Xbox 360 will be the only game console to offer this movie-watching experience, available to Xbox LIVE Gold members who are also Netflix unlimited plan subscribers." Of course, we'd heard rumors over the years that Netflix could sashay over to other consoles in due time, but it looks like the suits in Redmond had the foresight to lock things down while they still had a chance. So, are you reconsidering that Xbox 360 purchase, or just looking that much more intently in Roku's direction? Full blurb is after the break.

[Thanks, David]

Netflix Partnership

This exclusive partnership offers you the ability to instantly stream movies and TV episodes from Netflix to the television via Xbox 360. Xbox 360 will be the only game console to offer this movie-watching experience, available to Xbox LIVE Gold members who are also Netflix unlimited plan subscribers**, at no additional cost.

From the Netflix Web site, simply add movies and TV episodes to your instant Queue, which will appear automatically on the TV screen via Xbox 360. Once selected, movies will begin playing in as little as 30 seconds. In addition to instantly streaming Netflix movies to the TV, Xbox LIVE Gold members can browse and rate movies, fast-forward, pause and rewind, all using either their Xbox 360 Controller or Universal remote.

Source: Engadget

Star Wars Clone trooper outfit looked badass! BTW Star Wars shop is now open in marketplace, and you can get spiffy lightsaber as your prop! :yes:

looks really smart but costs a bit too much for the outfit, helmet and light saber. I'll just stick with the GOW2 Costume. The Splinter Cell outfit looks cool.

Those Avatar outfit prices are a JOKE! The cheapest is 80MP for a t-shirt?!! Looks like the only way I am getting any new clothing is either through the awards system or I will gladly do with whats already free. Seriously ridiculous pricing pricing :|

Removed from the update, it will hopefully be in a later one according to a rep from MS.

Bah only feature I wanted from this update.

Those Avatar outfit prices are a JOKE! The cheapest is 80MP for a t-shirt?!! Looks like the only way I am getting any new clothing is either through the awards system or I will gladly do with whats already free. Seriously ridiculous pricing pricing :|

Yeah some of the stuff costs 400 MSP, ridiculous.

My opinion on prices: Yes it's insane..would be much better if everything was halved. Then it would be little better.

So far only one game for avatar awards is 'xplosion man. According to some people, they need to patch the game before being able to get some avatar awards for that game. Not sure...

And I heard somewhere if you get Madden 10, and play..Might be able to get jerseys or helmets as awards. If that's true, then that'd be sweet!

Now it would be cool when Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 comes out, there's some content to get or unlock..Would be cool seeing some friends in Capt America, X-men, Ironman costumes, etc. Ooooh!

Edited by TheFlusher

yeah i think the best situation is that some content you can buy anytime and some you actually have to buy and play the game to get. that way people can get cool stuff without having to play the game but some is exclusive to those that actually put in the time/money into the game.

PS: I bought the lightsabre.... which I'm a bit ashamed of but it is so cool lol

There's not much in this update is there?

I've only spotted game ratings, games on demand, avatar marketplace and the xbox help/advice thing.

I knew the facebook/twitter/last.fm/sky sports stuff wasnt coming yet (when is it?) - but I expected a bit more for some reason..

The biggest part of the update is Netflix. Which is useless to anyone who doesn't have a netflix account. Like Everywhere outside of the USA.

There's not much in this update is there?

I've only spotted game ratings, games on demand, avatar marketplace and the xbox help/advice thing.

I knew the facebook/twitter/last.fm/sky sports stuff wasnt coming yet (when is it?) - but I expected a bit more for some reason..

yeah there isn't much to it what you listed is pretty much everything. but you now eject the disk from the UI :D

like you said most of the new content is coming in the fall, so november probably...

Star Wars Clone trooper outfit looked badass! BTW Star Wars shop is now open in marketplace, and you can get spiffy lightsaber as your prop! :yes:

Do you have to pay for that star wars stuff? If so, no thanks. Can't see wasting money on how my "avatar" looks on my 360. Rather go out and buy a 12 pack with that money.

I bought the COG outfit (obviously, as you can see from my signature)... they're expensive, yeah, but I had MS points I wasn't going to use on anything else.

I can't really see myself buying anymore unless it's from a game I really, really love. (e.g., if they had Gordon Freeman's or a Combine's suit)