[Re-Updated] NXE Update - Now Available

I've got the same thing on connect, when will I be able to download the update just turn it on but no up date

edit never mind read the thing properly!

We're all used to technology moving incredibly quickly, part of the fun is always being on the edge of it.

I agree with that, but I just don't think 2 weeks is anything to make a big deal out of.

-Spenser

2 weeks is a lifetime on the internet. 2 weeks is about how long it took Cuil, the search engine that was supposed to compete with Google, to get announced, launched, hyped and subsequently ignored.

According to the preview site, you should only be able to access this part of the Xbox forums if you're in the preview. Since people have only started posting in there today, I'd say if you can post then it's a good indication that you're in as well.

Will there be any games available on the Games on Demand when this preview comes out? Or will we only be able to purchase games when the main release hits.

Will there be any games available on the Games on Demand when this preview comes out? Or will we only be able to purchase games when the main release hits.

Currently (according to the press preview) there's no 360 titles up, it's still just the Xbox Originals.

I imagine everyones in, i doubt many of the majority of xbox players know about Microsoft Connect, they prob have more slots then they needed.

Didn't apply as I'm not on Gold, but it'll be good to hear from you guys what's improved.

Sweet, made it.

Is it worrying the best feature for me is the improved speed in profile recovery! It seriously takes ~25 minutes to recover my profile, can't live without my memory card!

sweet I got in on both my accounts. So the screen doesnt say what date the update will be released.. do we know?

When will you receive the update?

We are working on the final touches for the update. You will receive a notification by email when the update is available.

Got in as well. Question though, I only signed up one of my consoles. Could I move my hard drive to the other Xbox and update it as well?

Haha NEVERMIND

Disclaimer

WARNING: Do NOT remove your hard drive and place it on another console!

This will cause non registered consoles to be unable to connect to Xbox LIVE until we release the update!

Sweet, made it.

Is it worrying the best feature for me is the improved speed in profile recovery! It seriously takes ~25 minutes to recover my profile, can't live without my memory card!

Yea me too. I could care less about spending money on new avatar crap and I often do profile recoveries when meeting up with friends. Can you recover your profile onto a 360 without the preview update though? I assume so but I just wondered since you can't move your hard drive to a non updated console.

I didn't get an email but my Connect profile says I'm participating. Does that mean I'm in?

I didn't get an email but my Connect profile says I'm participating. Does that mean I'm in?

Yep. FYI no one has gotten an email yet. They are supposed to go out "this afternoon".

Ok i'm a bit confused here, my status says participating but there is no welcome message.

Does that mean i'm still in or did they deny me? Or do i have to wait a bit more.