Minor strippers are legal

Think back to when you were under 18, or even 16.. how many of you lost your virginity to someone younger or, in my case, older than you. Do you now think that you were mentally mature enough to have done that?

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the era and place I grew up, I had lots of 14-16yr old friends who were very mentally (and physically)mature to be workin' a striptease in a stripclub. And looking back, even now.. 25+ yrs later, I still know that my friends, both female and male.. whom I'm still very much still in contact with, really were mentally mature enough to be working a stripclub.(that goes for both sexes)

So it doesn't really bother me if a 16yr old guy or girl wants to work in a stripclub. Plus, with the conversations I used to have with my nieces when they were still teens, it seems as though 14-17yr old teens are mentally and physically maturing even faster and younger than my era.

Tatiania

I can only vouch for the UK, but I don't believe it is illegal for a minor to actually serve alcohol, but when a sale is made by a minor, it has to be approved by an adult over 18 who has been trained in age related sales. I believe the law may be a bit different when working in a bar however, but I am not 100% certain on that

Here in Canada, you can be 18 and work in places that serve alchohol, however the drinking age in some provinces is 18, and a few are 19.

"But Weston, of the Providence police, was adamant that the law should be changed.

“It leads to a societal breakdown,” he said. “These are just little girls.”"

It's strange they say that, yet the age of consent in Rhode Island is 16. Clearly in the eyes of the law they aren't "little girls"

But still, personally I think it's wrong that girls so young can work in such a dodgy environment and it's a loophole in the law that should be changed. It would be virtually impossible to prevent punters from taking photos and the potential for abuse is so high.

Edited by DrCheese

only in america eh? crazy

lol, if there was another thread about two kids kissing in school and then getting in trouble people like you would say "only in America, they are such prudes about sex"

so, what is it?

Make up your mind.

GOT to love america''s first amendment!

Please tell me how this issue deals with our Freedom of Speech amendment??

If the state doesnt have a law against it, then that is a state issue, not federal.

Everyone is "loling" but it isn't funny!

"Will someone please think of the children".

"i would....but then i'd get into trouble".

Everyone is "loling" but it isn't funny!
"Will someone please think of the children".

"i would....but then i'd get into trouble".

alright then i'll rofl

Please tell me how this issue deals with our Freedom of Speech amendment??

If the state doesnt have a law against it, then that is a state issue, not federal.

Its not just freedom of speech, its freedom of expression too, along with many other things.

... i guess that's one alternative to working at Walmart for a summer job.

pays better thats for sure but... wtf common you yanks.

I really am quite surprised about this ... I wouldn't have expected it in America :s

The massive hardon people in the US have for 'protecting the children' is baffling. These are teenagers who, were they just a year older, would suddenly be 'adults.' These are girls who have hit puberty almost a decade ago.

I can't help but be picky here but I know of no one who was going through puberty at 6 or 7 .. 10 - 11 is more like it, for a start, with most girls finished developing about 16 - 20.

Regardless I did agree with the rest of your post.

Think back to when you were under 18, or even 16.. how many of you lost your virginity to someone younger or, in my case, older than you. Do you now think that you were mentally mature enough to have done that?

I don't know about the rest of you, but in the era and place I grew up, I had lots of 14-16yr old friends who were very mentally (and physically)mature to be workin' a striptease in a stripclub. And looking back, even now.. 25+ yrs later, I still know that my friends, both female and male.. whom I'm still very much still in contact with, really were mentally mature enough to be working a stripclub.(that goes for both sexes)

So it doesn't really bother me if a 16yr old guy or girl wants to work in a stripclub. Plus, with the conversations I used to have with my nieces when they were still teens, it seems as though 14-17yr old teens are mentally and physically maturing even faster and younger than my era.

Tatiania

I feel I've grown up a lot since I was 18, and even more since 14. I doubt that the average 16 year can really deal with the kind of pressures and risk associated with strip dancing. It's not just the dancing, but the general sleaze and other things that go on that a dancer may be pressured to be involved in

By 21 I would expect people to be able to made a firm decision about it and stand up for themselves, knowing what they are getting into, and actually have more of a chance of realising if they might regret something in the future. At 16 a person is far more easily manipulated and exploited.

I can't help but be picky here but I know of no one who was going through puberty at 6 or 7 .. 10 - 11 is more like it, for a start, with most girls finished developing about 16 - 20.

I said that, meaning, that it's almost a decade ago, but not actually 10 years. So, if they're 16, then 5-6 years ago, if they are 17, 6-7 years ago.

"But Weston, of the Providence police, was adamant that the law should be changed.

?It leads to a societal breakdown,? he said. ?These are just little girls.?"uot;

Does it really? Apparently not, since this has been going on for a while. 'Little girls' equates to 16 and 17 year olds as well, apparently.

The massive hardon people in the US have for 'protecting the children' is baffling. These are teenagers who, were they just a year older, would suddenly be 'adults.' These are girls who have hit puberty almost a decade ago.

Moral authority needs to get over itself and be a bit more realistic.

This story would have shocked me if the girls were pre- or shortly post-pubescent. That would be something to make a law about. 12 year olds aare>are '...just little girls.'

+1

i may need to rethink my opinion of America.

REally? and where are you from? In germany they don't card at bars for alchohol...Ive seen 14 yr olds in there drinking...so I'd be careful when you start judging countries off of 1 single place.

REally? and where are you from? In germany they don't card at bars for alchohol...Ive seen 14 yr olds in there drinking...so I'd be careful when you start judging countries off of 1 single place.

i think he meant in a positive light.

who doesnt wanna help a 16 year old pay her way through high school.

That tends to be more common in certain parts of Russia.