Windows XP Compatibility

i know that the Umax Astra 3400 Scanner works, cause i use that scanner, i'm sure the other too things work, cause i don't have them myself.

I have a Logitech QuickCam Express and it works perfectly. I just plugged it in, and it found it, installed its own drivers (build 2542 includes drivers for it), and didn't even need to be restarted. :)

in XP ms provides they're own hardware and software compatibility list in a similar fashion to www.ntcompatible.com does integrated into the help and support system.

You have to be connected to the net at the time though to be able to view the list.

just a tip. :ninja:

If memory serves me, I think Microsoft added a software/hardware compatability section to the windowsupdate.microsoft.com site a while back.

You can search by manufacturer or product type, not sure if it's bang up to date, but it's certainly a start.

Otherwise you can check with the manufacturers site to see if they know if it's compatable with Windows XP.

Thanks anyway. I know about that site, it doesn't have the Astra 3400 on the list, it says the Logitech Camera isn't compatible, and the same for the USB Hub. But it truns out the scanner and camera are compatible. I haven't found out about the USB Hub.

in XP:

Start >> Run >> Help and Support >> "Find Compatible Hardware and software"

the info on WU isn't as bang up to date

QuickCam Express

It appears that you are running Windows XP

Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express is Compatible (Informational)

This device may require an updated driver to be compatible with Windows XP. To obtain the driver, contact the device manufacturer.

UMAX Scanner:

Not listed - see www.ntcompatible.com

DSB-H4 USB Hub

D-Link Corporation DSB-H4 USB Hub is Compatible

Microsoft has certified that this product is compatible with Windows XP. The driver for this hardware device is included on the Windows XP CD-ROM.

WinXP is strange - I had a cable modem plugged in b4 I upgraded... when I upgraded it said that was the only thing that wouldn't work... when I upgraded it DID work. OMG. Saying that though it soon messed up because I had the same IP [on my home network] as another computer . Other computer could connect through me but it soon stopped with an IP problem and stopped working.

LMAO - I still don't know whether it was me messing it up or whether it isn't compatible. I guess it IS compatible because it has the drivers on the disc.

-mortensenj