August 2009 Desktops

smooth the taskabr looks alot like vista or am i wrong :p?

its a visual style im using in combo with changing the taskbar properties. i can assure you it is indeed windows 7 rtm.

its a visual style im using in combo with changing the taskbar properties. i can assure you it is indeed windows 7 rtm.

Ok but did you just modify taskbar properties or are you using something like windowsblind? Pls tell us! We fell in love with your desktop and your taskbar, most of us prefer that taskbar! Pls tell us how to set it like you! =)

Ok but did you just modify taskbar properties or are you using something like windowsblind? Pls tell us! We fell in love with your desktop and your taskbar, most of us prefer that taskbar! Pls tell us how to set it like you! =)

you go under taskbar properties and click the show small icons button. the vs im using is called aero reloaded.

get it here!

you must have a patched uxtheme for 7 rtm to use this theme. search the net for the patched files needed!

i changed mine again lol

post-5489-1249885979_thumb.jpg

post-5489-1249885998_thumb.jpg

Walls: zombie I got from a guy earlier in the thread :) the other is a CODMW2 wallpaper, both have been slightly modified in size and color

Icons: albook extended black

Gadgets: black weather, core temp, cpu monitor, drives meter (all with backgrounds modded to look alike), and some post it note gadget i found

Apps: firefox with ff3.7 skin, itunes w/silent night skin, digsby w/impulse skin

i think that's everything

:)

^

1920x1200 wallpaper please. :) Your desktop looks absolutely fantastic. Where did you get those amazing folder icons? How did you mod them?

I made those folder icons. You can change a library icon, just

1. go to c:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries and open notepad

2. Drag the library you want to change to notepad

3. search for this line <isLibraryPinned>true</isLibraryPinned>

4. below it you can find /or not if you made the library-> you need to create it manualy/ this

<iconReference>the location of your chosen library icon</iconReference>

<iconReference>C:\Users\Lacus\Downloads\lib\down.ico</iconReference>

save it... you're done.

And the wall is here Click me :)

I made those folder icons. You can change a library icon, just

1. go to c:\Users\username\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries and open notepad

2. Drag the library you want to change to notepad

3. search for this line <isLibraryPinned>true</isLibraryPinned>

4. below it you can find /or not if you made the library-> you need to create it manualy/ this

<iconReference>the location of your chosen library icon</iconReference>

<iconReference>C:\Users\Lacus\Downloads\lib\down.ico</iconReference>

save it... you're done.

And the wall is here Click me :)

cool i'm going to do this when i get my comp, is there a certain size the icon has to be?

cool i'm going to do this when i get my comp, is there a certain size the icon has to be?

No. I use high quality 256*256 icons.

How did you get your icons in your task bar move to mid

1. Create a new folder and name it with an ASCII code - alt 255 - it is an empty character.

2. Create a new toolbar on the taskbar and chose the folder for it

3. Unlock the taskbar and drag the toolbar from the right to the far left and adjust it

LOVIN' WINDOWS 7!

But does anyone know if there's an email client that shows how many new emails you have right in the superbar? Gmail Notifier does that but it feels incomplete to me :( , so I'm using Outlook for now.

Thanks

post-102022-1249925715_thumb.jpg