RRoD - 0020 Error

well, after 1 year and a half my Xbox finally died ... well nothing I was not expecting.

The error code is 0020, some one told me to check the power brick, so I've changed the power outlet and it worked!! but ... for like 2 days only, it RROed again, so, anyone knows if I have to do the X-Clamp mod or may be my power brick is defective?

Thanks!!

P.S: no, send it to MS is not an option

The X-Clamp fix might work, a lot of places say that 0020 is a GPU error. If sending it to Microsoft is not an option then try it.

yup, I'm going to try that, well ... I'm going to take to a guy, I'm too chicken to try it by myself :p

your works fine now?

You're gonna be ripped off if you ask someone else to do it. It's a very simple process. You should watch or read some tutorials and save yourself the money.

yup, I'm going to try that, well ... I'm going to take to a guy, I'm too chicken to try it by myself :p

your works fine now?

Search youtube for RROD fixes. The vids will tell you what to do and what you need to buy. I just got the RROD error, no error code, and had a friend fix it cuz I was to lazy. Works fine now.

Do not attempt the stupid towel trick at all as it will kill it further.

If you agree to try and fix it yourself, Then get the screws and washers at your local hardware store and get fixing!

I did the fix for a 360 I bought for $40 on eBay and sold it to a friend for $80 and it works without a problem. Good luck!!! :)

thanks to everyone!

well I'm going to take the plunge, just bought everything but I have one doubt, after I've replaced the X-Clamps I have to heat it? or just the pressure is enough?

Thanks again :)

No you don't need to use a heat gun. Infact I wouldn't recommend that to anyone unless it was the last resort. It's pretty dangerous (in the sense you can screw it up far too easily).

Leave the heat pads on the memory chips as well, they don't need to be removed.

When you are removing the x-clamps, be very careful not to scratch the mobo either.