Help needed with the AVC-A1XVA

Okay so my dad passed away 6 month's ago and he was a big hi-fi fanatic. He had the denon AVC-A1XV, coupled with a 5.2 system (B&W speakers, and 2 REL Subwoofers). So yes a hell of a system, the thing is, I have no ****ing idea how to use it. It's got about 50+ inputs and It's all setup to work, hoever I recently noticed the two subwoofer's are not working at all. Apart from (maybe) on the Dvd input. I want to change this, I want the sub's to work on _all_ input's like it should.

Does anyone know a good helpline / manual? I can't find a in-depth manual only some "Bed_upgrade.pdf" which isn't what I want.

Thank's guy's, I want this system running back up properly in respect for my dad and his love for music.

wow.. if what I found on the net is what you have there.. you have one great piece of audio gear..

243293971_6f462fc529.jpg

From what I know.. I do not believe you can turn off a subwoofer for only certain inputs... so its possible the settings have been changed and just need to be reset...

Looks like you can get the manual here...

http://www.devicemanuals.com/guide/AV%20Am...TmpjeE5qRT.html

Yep that is indeed the one. Hell of a amp :drool:.

I don't want to reset it though, dad set this up took him a best part of 2 weeks to get it perfect (hours each day). So that would kinda ruin it.

You realise that if you're going to play some cruddy mp3s on this thing, I'm going to come over there and kick your ass :-)

That's one piece of hardware you got there.

I rock, I fixed it :D. Turn's out it coupled between thx + main when it should be LFE/Main, and then it had to be moved to another input. And it sounds sweet now, the punch of the bass when it's needed. It's still no where near as good as my dad would of had it though, sometimes I wish he was here to help, I'm sure some of you know what I mean :)

Quick question, is it bad to keep an amplifier warm alll the time, because it get's very hot where it is positioned. But I can't move it, let me take a picture, one sec. (Excuse the mess), you can see the gap (not alot) from the pic.

post-130360-1249405726_thumb.jpg

Edited by booboo

• 3 months later...