[Official] Shadow Complex

First 7 minutes of gameplay with Donald Mustard (lol), the Lead Designer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-se...w-complex/54008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyTnIMDzV0.swf

Wasn't going to, but may as well make this an official topic seeing as the game will hopefully be quite lengthy (at least for Arcade).

edit: is it just me or is that tv completely washed out with blue colours? :blink:

My mic is in ur face recordin' ur voices.

Yeah, it does look blue and washed out, probably a result of recording with a videocamera. Otherwise it looks great, I'll definitely try the demo. Any word on how much it'll be?

Yeah I was actually on the fence about this game before, thinking it would just be another Contra or Bionic Commando clone, but it looks really good.

I think I'm gonna end up with every Summer of Arcade game :s Ah well :p

Yeah I was actually on the fence about this game before, thinking it would just be another Contra or Bionic Commando clone, but it looks really good.

I think I'm gonna end up with every Summer of Arcade game :s Ah well :p

even Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Yup I bought it on Wednesday.

I'm the biggest TMNT I know, literally own every toy/vhs/every other piece of commerical crap that was made back in the day. The game is pretty fun, but one or two of the achievements are frickin' hard.

Splosion Man has been my favourite so far, but I think Trials HD might change that :p

Looks like a lighting source messing up the picture on the TV. Having a spotlight or any sort of studio light pointed at a TV and then recording it won't help much :p

Just watched the video. I was very interested in this game from what I saw of it at E3, but watching this has convinced me. I'm definitely getting this in 2 weeks when it comes out. Can't wait. This should hold me over until Modern Warfare 2 (plus the rentals from Gamefly). Metroid was one of my favorite games when I was little (even though I couldn't figure it out lol), and this is very Metroid-esque.

I've been looking forward to this game for months! I can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it. I don't think I even need to play the demo, I'll probably buy it outright.

I'm the biggest TMNT I know

That explains a lot =P

Doh! I've been making too many typos recently. My mind is elsewhere.

Or perhaps I'm really the 5th member of the gang :shiftyninja:!! I'd be the drunk one naturally ;)

I wish :(

This is going to be one of the best games of the year. Not just including XBL games but full retail games. I love how they have took an old idea ie: Super Metroid and gave it a modern lick of paint. I have to say I am glad my PS3 broke and not my 360 otherwise I would not be able to play this game.

2nd Annual Summer of Arcade kicks off July 22nd

Last year was big, and we?re bringing Summer of Arcade back with some of the most highly anticipated titles from this years E3. Mark your calendars* with this full schedule for the 2009 Summer of Arcade:

July 22: Splosion Man? 800 Microsoft Points

(Twisted Pixel Games/Microsoft): Fools they were, to tread where knowledge should stay forbidden. For what emerged was not a man - it was a Splosion Man. "And all who saw him were sploded, for he was the fire and they were but meat." Able to splode himself at will, the Splosion Man launches his way through levels as an uncontainable force. From Twisted Pixel Games, developer of the award winning The Maw?, Splosion Man will keep you on your toes as you play through more than 50 single-player levels and 50 multiplayer levels. Nominated by GameSpy, Gamespot, IGN, and 411mania, this meat-riddled splosion-fest took several Best of E3 awards including Best Platformer and Best Downloadable Game.

July 29: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 1200 Microsoft Points

(Backbone Entertainment/Capcom): One of the most popular fighting games of all time, ?Marvel vs. Capcom 2,? arrives worldwide on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Choose from 56 legendary characters from Marvel Comics and Capcom history, including Ryu and Wolverine. With online multiplayer over Xbox LIVE and enhanced HD graphics, decide your own dream team in the ultimate tag-team fighting experience.

Aug 5: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?: Turtles in Time Re-shelled 1200 Microsoft Points

(Ubisoft Singapore?/Ubisoft?): Cowabunga dude! Marking the franchise?s 25 anniversary, everyone's favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is back with a brand new look in ?Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled.? The arcade classic has been revamped with all new 3D graphics, but the same classic beat 'em up gameplay.

August 12: Trials HD 1200 Microsoft Points

(RedLynx/Microsoft): Nominated for GameSpy?s Best Downloadable Game of E3 award, ?Trials HD? is guaranteed to get our heart racing.? Put on your helmet, and rev your way through ?Trials HD,? a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing platformer in stunning HD graphics. Tear up more than 50 tracks and test your metal in two unique game modes: Race and Skill. Create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks with the level editor, and customize your rider to fit your personality.

August 19: Shadow Complex 1200 Microsoft Points

(Chair Entertainment and Epic Games/Microsoft): Winner of numerous Best of E3 awards including Best Downloadable Game from 1UP, IGN, GameTrailers and G4TV, ?Shadow Complex? is the next evolution in downloadable games. ?Shadow Complex? marries the quality and depth of a full retail title with the stunning visuals of Epic Games? industry-leading Unreal Engine 3, and a classic side-scroller. Set in the world of Orson Scott Card?s best-selling novel, ?Empire,? Shadow Complex provides more than 10 hours of in-depth gameplay and introduces a compelling universe.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/09/...-july-22nd.aspx

Weyll....

I think I'll be done with Empire in time for this. (The audiobook, since I put it through my car audio while I'm drivin to and from werk.)

Interesting book, but wierd.

I'm sure the game will be awesome, though I'm not that big into side scrolling stuff.

...RandomEvent is the only huge Advent Rising fan he knows. :(

definitely looks like a good one, am hoping it'll remind me of the old Crusader games. alas it's only got 200 GS...oh well you can't have it all.

the buzz is gathering momentum, but not sure i'd get a HDD just for this one, i mean if you managed to survive long without a hard drive then it's not a must. however, for myself will get it the day it comes out, and why not? seems like a refreshing change of pace. you can even detect shades of Gears in it, looks like some of the same artists worked on the visuals.