[Official] Shadow Complex

Yeah I was actually on the fence about this game before, thinking it would just be another Contra or Bionic Commando clone, but it looks really good.

I think I'm gonna end up with every Summer of Arcade game :s Ah well :p

Is the special deal where you buy all the summer games you get XX amount of points back valid outside of US??

It is Confirmed for UK, via AceyBongoes...

Linky

And the Twit.

Also I found it Confirmed for UK, IE, FR and DE.

Here

*Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all five (5) games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account, by August 31, 2009 11:59 EST. The free Points will be automatically deposited into your Xbox LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Offer available only to legal residents, age 14 plus, of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, France and Germany, while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Specific terms and Conditions applicable to Xbox LIVE will apply to all download(s). Legal Promoter: Microsoft Corporation

Disclaimer...

It does work. If you have a code.

Next Wednesday, it'll be the same link but purchasable with points.

I was hoping Microsoft left it open at 1200 points, like they have done in the past :(

Score Shadow Complex Early by Following TeamXbox

By: TeamXbox Staff

The next evolution in downloadable games, “Shadow Complex” marries the quality and depth of a full retail title, the stunning visuals of Epic Games’ industry-leading Unreal Engine 3, and a classic side-scroller. “Set in the world of Orson Scott Card’s best-selling novel, “Empire,” Shadow Complex introduces a compelling universe in which you collect items and power-ups, and evolve your character into a force of destruction.”

This coming Tuesday, August 18th 2009, we will be giving away a batch of codes redeemable for Epic Games' amazing XBLA title Shadow Complex! We'll be posting these codes via our Twitter page, which is located at twitter.com/TeamXbox.

Make sure you are following (or stalking, depending on your point of view...) us on Twitter to stay up to date with all the latest Xbox update and you just might be lucky enough to snag one of the codes for Shadow Complex, or any others we give away from time to time!

So make you way on over to twitter.com/TeamXbox and be sure to tell your friends to follow us as well!

In the meantime, be sure to read through our Shadow Complex’s Proving Grounds Feature!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20589/Score-...owing-TeamXbox/

Did anyone see the barrage of codes Capcom dropped last night? Must have easily been about 40 codes. I just happened to refresh twitter as it began and despite my constant hammering of F5, I was unable to get to a single code in time =\

Is there some way of redeeming codes really quickly on the Xbox website or something? Because people seemed to get on the codes so bloody quickly.

Did anyone see the barrage of codes Capcom dropped last night? Must have easily been about 40 codes. I just happened to refresh twitter as it began and despite my constant hammering of F5, I was unable to get to a single code in time =\

Is there some way of redeeming codes really quickly on the Xbox website or something? Because people seemed to get on the codes so bloody quickly.

Yeah they did that the other week with MvC2 also. I already bought it but the guy was posting a crazy amount of codes.

The Xbox.com site is so slow for redeeming codes, you are better trying from the dashboard.

Yeah they did that the other week with MvC2 also. I already bought it but the guy was posting a crazy amount of codes.

The Xbox.com site is so slow for redeeming codes, you are better trying from the dashboard.

There's no way the dash itself could be faster, even if you had a chatpad.

UPS picked up my 360 today so I am hoping to have it back in around two weeks. Waiting for Shadow Complex is going to hurt. It is my pick for XBLA GOTY already.

Sigh, looks like ill have to buy a HDD at some point i really want to play this game.

You want it for Crackdown too.

Because I said so. :D

I may never get tired of Crackdown :D

I think you only need the hard drive to play co-op in Crackdown (which arguably is half the experience...).

I've been playing Dishwasher Dead Samurai this weekend to exercise my side scrolling talents. I may play some Symphony of the Night as well. This is going to be a great addition to the limited number of side scrollers on XBLA.

More reviews:

Joystiq

TeamXbox

TXB gave it a 9.4 and said it was an amazingly good game:

Shadow Complex, on its own is downright amazing, and clearly a game we?ll be talking about when it comes award time at the end of the year. But there does seem to be more gravitas around it. Something in the back of my head saying that this game signals a sea change that we?ve all seen coming for a long time. The shift from AAA games being distributed on physical media to being available for download only was something we all knew was coming someday. Shadow Complex seems to be at the forefront of that; proving to people that games they download can look as good and be as much fun as games they buy off of a rack in some mall somewhere. Mentally, that?s a big leap to make for a lot of people.

What?s ultimately importShadow Complexplex, is that it is completely unimportant how people got the game. It could be download, it could be retail, who gives a you know what. What matters is that it is great, truly great even. One of the best new games you?re going to play on your Xbox 360 this year, hands down. But trend-watchers tShadow Complexomplex is a shot across the bow of the notion that XBLA games are somehow lesser to something you play on an actual disc. And this may be the year where the line between the two starts getting blurred into oblivion.