adding msn messenger to your site(like hotmail.com)

Question

I have never seen it, but I presume it is like an ICQ online/offline script for php. If this is the case, then I think your site will have to be in php for it to run. :ermm:

Well I doubt it would be PHP because PHP is more a linux/unix type of web language while MS has it's ASP Visual Baisic and so on... I think you can add all the .net services to your website including the messenger thing with te passport SDK which can be downloaded on Microsoft website, I played around with it and ou can add .net services to your own website but I think you need to request it .

Link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/defaul...ompositedoc.xml

I'm not sure of it in a 100% I didn't play that much with it but it looks like this can do the job.. (some how)

for those interested plz help... and aco...can I havre that php code..I'll test it and see what It looks like..I'm still looking for someone who has this one their site or knows the code..someone from deviantart.com has this on their site. plz..i need this code. thx.

Microsoft allows you to customize msn messenger as well as internet exploerer so I assume if your able to customise MSN messenger with your own ads etc. You should beable to add it to your website

i did what ooo said to do but it says needs iis 4.0 + to run..I have XP so where can I download IIS. Thx..I am also trying MikeM's idea. Thanks and keep um' and code coming

IIS is built into XP. Pro, that is. Go to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove, Windows Components. Find the Internet Information Services option and check it. For the website, you only need HTTP.

I see your post is unedited, but you knew you were too slow anyways? Hmm... very interesting ;)

PS: I have ONE MORE FINAL tomorrow w000t! :D but it's calculus :dead: so i gotta study like a b1tch. Someone slap me a few times tonite to make sure I don't :sleeping: while I study. :alien:

http://status.webhop.net/ - these guys provide the code for the hosting servers. They are working to get bugs worked out. A few of the servers are running a 2.0 beta which MSN works and I've gotten yahoo to work on another server. They had a bug that only allowed 150 users per server to show online status but they are increasing that in 2.0.

please keep posting codes..and if you can with screenshots of what it looks like when done....ansar..your helping on our site design right:)

ooo, how to you get to see what your thing will look like after you play around with it (the ms passport program).

Keep um coming and thanks.

Well bad news I guess, although this is old I'm not sure anything changed:

found this on a forum post:

10/12/2001 1:04:51 AM

It would be cool if MSN messenger was integrated into devhood as it is on hotmail and some other msn type sites. For example when you see my name by this post it would have the small green or red "person" icon indicating my availability.

10/12/2001 5:08:02 PM

I've heard they're supposed to be releasing a new version in a few weeks. I'm not sure of the specifics on the feature set though.

10/14/2001 9:56:23 AM

Sent an email to MSN messenger support, here was the reply. We might have more success if someone knows someone internal to Microsoft...

Hello sparky,

Thank you for writing to MSN Messenger Service.

We appreciate your feedback. Unfortunately, that feature is not currently available with MSN Messenger Service. We have forwarded your suggestion to the product team, which carefully reviews these suggestions and considers them for future releases.

For additional online help, please go to:

http://messenger.msn.com/support/helphome.asp

If the instructions I provided did not solve your issue, simply reply to this mail and tell me what steps didn't work or what problems you may still be having. I want to help you get the most out of MSN Messenger.

Sincerely,

Bernadette

MSN Messenger Support

And the better news:

10/26/2001 12:59:47 PM

In VS.NET, you can get access to the COM objects of Messenger as of release date of Windows Messenger 4.5. Previous to that I could never get interop services to add a reference to the "Messenger" COM objects. The COM objects themselves provide the classes to detect presence and stuff like that. I know almost nothing about it, but it might be useful reguardless. Also, with the intro of 4.5 there is an "Events" service (i think it's based on Notifications .NET). Devhood could fire off events to subscribed people over Messenger as opposed to email.

Just a thought...

12/4/2001 2:13:45 PM

Actually a couple of us are working on a research project here at MIT trying to figure out how to incorporate presence on websites and hopefully through some of that work we'll be able to somehow integrate messenger into DevHood.

I'm not sure how useful having a icon telling you whehter the person who posted the message is online because he could be online and doing something that is totally unrelated to DevHood, and IM-ing him randomly just becomes intrusive. Therefore what we are looking into is how to figure out who is in what location and then generate a member list of users who are in the same "location" as you, kind of like GPS for the web. Not easy unfortunately...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it looks like there is no code yet or there wasn't at that time and could be now...

keep um going...thanks. I still need a code for msn messenger but i can also use codes to insert other messenger services. please provide exsamples if u can.

...my avatar is now neowin's logo..cool;)

There is a hack for vbulletin which allows you to add a box to the forum with all your online messenger buddies (exactly as on msn)

I'll see if I can find it (don't think it's that much intergrated into vbulletin so it can be used in other pages as well)

keep um coming..as i said with pics if possible..i willalso except other messenger things..but msn type is what i'm really lookin for..

Thanks Redmark..hope you can find it:) -also thanks everyone whos respinded so far. lets go three pgs!;)