Xbox360 music streaming

Ive just bought myself a xbox360 mainly to stream movies videos and music to from my windows 7 pc.

now ive got the streaming working perfectly well through the dashboard and also through the media center.

the only downside to it is that it just scans the music directory and uses the id3 tags (which by the way i dont care about) and since the id3tags have never been maintained its all over the place and its hard to browse through my muci to actually listen to anything.

Is there away to switch of the metadata (id3) reading so it will just display the shared folders? and or the mp3's like it would in windows

i just want it so i can see the directories to browse through rather than it sorting it on its own then i could atleast see what music i could play rather than wishing i never bought the 360 to replace my now dead xbox with xbmc

No, it can't be done. Either get another streaming device like a PS3 for example which can go by folder or add metadata.

I would just go through and sort out your music. adding tags doesn't take long and so many devices sort by tag now...

when u have over 5600 folders and 35000+ mp3's i highly doubt it doesnt take long, though in saying that is there a program u can recomend that can do what i need to do to make it alittle easier ?

No, it can't be done. Either get another streaming device like a PS3 for example which can go by folder or add metadata.

I would just go through and sort out your music. adding tags doesn't take long and so many devices sort by tag now...

Stop lying.

you canbrowse by folders, but you'll need a different UPnP streaming app. TVersity is able to show the music by folder structure, it did anyway. the default windows built in sharing only shows music by the database id3 info though.

Stop lying.

you canbrowse by folders, but you'll need a different UPnP streaming app. TVersity is able to show the music by folder structure, it did anyway. the default windows built in sharing only shows music by the database id3 info though.

Oh ok sorry, I didn't mean to mislead him. anyway yeah he should do what you suggest.

Playstation Media Server is also very capable and shows your exact folder structure. The name might suggest otherwise, but it works great on 360 too.

gah this streaming stuff is doing my head in just as much :/ tverisity or ps3 media stream niether of them do what i want them to do, both are showing tags and not directory structure, maybe removing every id3 tag would fix the problem