Zune HD Prices, Web Browser and On-Screen Keyboard Leaked

zunehdship_01.jpg

It feels like we know everything about the Zune HD?except the price. Well, now we know, if Best Buy's inventory system is right: the 16GB model will go for $220, and the 32GB model will be $290.

504x_zunehd16.jpg

It also backs up the previously rumored launch date, Sept. 8.

504x_zunehd32.jpg

Those prices look dirt cheap compared to the current iPod touch pricing, making the Zune HD seem super competitive now, but you gotta figure the touch's prices are gonna get re-aligned shortly after the Zune HD's launch, so it might look a little different then. Still, things look good so far for the Zune HD. [Thanks tipster!]

http://gizmodo.com/5334331/zune-hd-prices-...20-32gb-for-290

No 64g:(:(

currently way cheaper than the ipod but let's see how apple reacts

EDIT More

Last Tuesday, I shared my positive impressions of the mobile Web browser Microsoft is including in its upcoming Zune HD portable media player. What I didn't share (not because I didn't want to) were the photos I took of the Zune HD browser in action.

The following photo gallery includes four shots of the Zune HD browser doing its thing. The first shot shows the browser in portrait mode, the second shot shows how bookmarking is handled, the third shot shows Facebook in landscape view, and the final shot demonstrates the keyboard in landscape mode.

bingbook_610x457.JPG

That last shot shows off another feature Microsoft has been keeping under wraps--Bing. Yep, the Zune HD's Web browser includes a search button for instant queries using the Bing search engine. Granted, it's not an earth-shattering or completely unexpected announcement, but it's one more detail for all the Zune fans and haters to sink their teeth into.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10306...tag=mncol;posts

Oh, you want even more Zune HD news today? You got it! Yahoo! Tech managed to get a hands-on with the device, snapping some pictures of the browser and, more importantly, the on-screen keyboard. It's only a minor glimpse, but it definitely looks sleek. Shot of the browser after the break, and hit up the read link for full gallery. Seriously, Microsoft, add a 3G chipset and dialer app, and you can go ahead and draft those "million seller" press releases already.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/10/zune-hd...ught-on-camera/

Edited by Mathachew
Title edited

The Zune HD is sexy. I really like it. I hope Microsoft takes a cue from the Zune software / hardware for the upcoming Windows Mobile and Windows Mobile phone designs... So nice looking. LOL

updated :)

Can a mod update the title saying "Zune HD Prices, web browser and onscreen keyboard Leaked"

Done, with a little touch up ;)

I'm hoping we can develop for the .NET framework and target this.

That would be really great. I wonder if there's any underlying similarities between the Zune OS and the Widnows Mobile versions in the works...

It looks good. :yes: I just don't think that the UI is as good as the iPod Touch/iPhone. The iPhone has icons and it allows you to easily find apps. With the way I have seen the UI it's not going to be as good. The browser looks good though. :)

the 16GB model will go for $220, and the 32GB model will be $290.

Woot! September 8, here comes $220 from my savings! :D

The UI looks very slick. Also, don't forget, with the fantastic OLED screen, multi touch and the Nvidia Tegra in there, I'm sure Microsoft will integrate the xbox360 arcade games in here.

The only advantage is that it might force Apple to drop the price of the iPod Touch

Really? I think it's an advantage to get a great music player with Tegra at a very cheap price.

That's the second video where I noticed that the interface lags or not immediately responds the first time when trying to flip up and down the screen or through items. First time it was repeatedly with the photos, second time in the music player and browser.

For Microsoft's sake I'm hoping these lags won't make it into the final version of the product or they get fixed quickly.

best video of the interface yet..

Now, yes, the OS in that video does look flash and spectacular, but yet again a rival is missing the whole point of the ipod and the touch and thats that the OS should be simple, just cause you can do cool zooming effects when clicking video or music menus, it doesn't mean you should, especially when it gets in the way of actual accessibility.

please, no, no, no

To click on the menu of say PICTURES and have that zoom up to the top of the screen and have most of it cut from view and unreadable and to click on that unclear wording to step back is not a clear navigation system, no matter how fancy, microsoft, NO

Edited by evo_spook

Now, yes, the OS in that video does look flash and spectacular, but yet again a rival is missing the whole point of the ipod and the touch and thats that the OS should be simple, just cause you can do cool zooming effects when clicking video or music menus, it doesn't mean you should, especially when it gets in the way of actual accessibility.

please, no, no, no

To click on the menu of say PICTURES and have that zoom up to the top of the screen and have most of it cut from view and unreadable and to click on that unclear wording to step back is not a clear navigation system, no matter how fancy, microsoft, NO

it looked quite usable to me...