Zune HD Prices, Web Browser and On-Screen Keyboard Leaked

I'm hoping we can develop for the .NET framework and target this.

Well as far as I am aware, its a Windows CE device at heart, and supports the Compact Framework and XNA. If they could build a presentation layer for applications things could get right into high gear, with .NET's development tools already mature, things are good to go!

Now, yes, the OS in that video does look flash and spectacular, but yet again a rival is missing the whole point of the ipod and the touch and thats that the OS should be simple, just cause you can do cool zooming effects when clicking video or music menus, it doesn't mean you should, especially when it gets in the way of actual accessibility.

please, no, no, no

To click on the menu of say PICTURES and have that zoom up to the top of the screen and have most of it cut from view and unreadable and to click on that unclear wording to step back is not a clear navigation system, no matter how fancy, microsoft, NO

Doesn't seem like any of the previews or videos thus far have made any mention of it being hard to control... just because it's different doesn't mean it's worse. That'd be like saying Mac OS X is worse than Windows Vista/7 because it's different.

Doesn't seem like any of the previews or videos thus far have made any mention of it being hard to control... just because it's different doesn't mean it's worse. That'd be like saying Mac OS X is worse than Windows Vista/7 because it's different.

I never made mention of hard to control. I coming from a accessibility web background. When I design a website the first and most major issue I attend to is to make the navigation, clear and consistant, a user should always know where they are.

I'm not saying it might not work, but the logic of having your menu Zoom up larger and up and disappear almost completely off the screen, and from there navigate back without being able to read what it says defies logic as a system of clear and concise navigation.

While I understand the whole coming from the web design background aspect, it also provides more real estate, and as long as the consumer knows how to use it, what's it matter? This isn't a website. This isn't a "oh, I better make a good first impression or the user's never going to come back." Chances are most people who use this aren't going to just look at it for 5 seconds, not be able to figure it out, and leave.

I like the UI. If they could backport that **** into WM7 and trash their old stuff, I might consider a WM phone at some point.

The ZuneHD is supposed to a platform that they're showing off some of the new WM7 stuff on first.