We are going to miss the 9M target!

By the 1st of October 2009 it was looking good to match 9M posts at the start of our 10th year and 9 from being online.

So far (at the time of posting) our members have made a total of 8,769,079 posts. If we look at the averages of around 80,000 a month (topics and replies) it looks like we'll add another 200,000 coming up around 30 to 40k short of the mark!

Are we up for the challenge?

Oh god Neobond... you just started another NeoChan thread. Those who remember the run towards the 8,000,000th post will remember what I mean.

Oh god Neobond... you just started another NeoChan thread. Those who remember the run towards the 8,000,000th post will remember what I mean.

What counts is that we got there ;)

The person who gets the 9m will get windows 7?

;)

I'm sure a competition giving out one or more Windows 7 licences wouldn't hurt. ;)

What is this thread that you speak of? :p

Isn't this just an invite to fill the board with more crap and less quality posting?

No its to reach a target.. The offer of Windows Vista box as a reward was here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=635486 and it remained there, so you could skip the same sort of post that we'd create.

We don't endorse spamming but for a good cause we make exceptions like the example thread above.

No its to reach a target.. The offer of Windows Vista box as a reward was here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=635486 and it remained there, so you could skip the same sort of post that we'd create.

We don't endorse spamming but for a good cause we make exceptions like the example thread above.

Ah, so the 'spamming' so to speak - is confined to one thread?

Fair enough.

quick, we need windows 8 alpha, so everyone can discuss it,post fake screenshots and fake buildnumbers ;D

Also; start some flamingwars, and keep the moderators on a leech ;) topics like ; "Why windows 7 sucks", "why apple can go jump in a lake", "why XP rules", " linux sucks badly".

;)

Someone cage up Rappy and get him posting moar!

Oh he'll be posting in this thread. Just let him wake up and discover it later today...