Zune HD Coming On Sept 15?

Just after Amazon showed up pricing of Microsoft's upcoming Zune HD models, now the packaging images have leaked out on the web. The images show white box packaging of Microsoft's next generation MP3 player and the leaked image of Zune HD card shows the launch date as September 15. The card also mentions that Zune HD can be pre-ordered by making down-payment of $25 (Rs. 1200 approx).

105449_card.jpg

Yesterday's leaked information mentioned that the Zune HD 16GB and 32GB models will be available on September 8 which we assume is the pre-order delivery date.

105449_display.jpg

Source

I'll be holding off from buying it for a while. I want to make sure Microsoft is going to offer more (Apps & Games) for the ZuneHD.

The new iPod Touch with camera and the AppStore seems better still (even if it cost a little bit more).

I'll be holding off from buying it for a while. I want to make sure Microsoft is going to offer more (Apps & Games) for the ZuneHD.

The new iPod Touch with camera and the AppStore seems better still (even if it cost a little bit more).

We know nothing at all about a new iPod so that's an unfair and non based opinion. The inclusion of a camera is just a rumor and the capacity/pricing is still unknown for the time being.

As for the "App Store" I agree. Without something similar I don't see myself getting a Zune.

I'm sure Microsoft have said it will have Apps and Games but haven't shown anything yet. Maybe set for a big reveal or being worked on for another time. Have to wait and see. I can't imagine them not doing it after seeing what Apple have done.

What video formats is this going to be able to play?

MKV? Xvid/avi?

Check these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_portable_media_players#Audio_formats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_portable_media_players#Video_formats

We know nothing at all about a new iPod so that's an unfair and non based opinion. The inclusion of a camera is just a rumor and the capacity/pricing is still unknown for the time being.

As for the "App Store" I agree. Without something similar I don't see myself getting a Zune.

Do you honestly believe that adding a cheap camera to the iPod Touch is better than some of the things we've been seeing in the Zune HD over the last few days? Why do you even need a camera in an MP3 player? I've had cameras in my phones for years now but could count the number of times I've used them on one hand and I doubt I'm alone.

If the Zune HD is as good as it seems it will be then the iPod can't hold a candle to it. If Microsoft are able to turn WinMo7 out a little faster then I suspect that the iPhone will be in quite a bit of trouble too.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to reply to TruckWEB as tsupersonic did below :rolleyes:

Edited by jakem1

Yeah, if the touch gets the camera, it will be the best device evar :rolleyes: seriously, what good is a camera on a device that's meant to be a portable media player? No good.

Also with the Tegra, the Zune HD has great possibilities...Games can actually be good, instead of the crap that's in the app store. Zune app store has a long way to go though, hopefully it can be as good as the apple app store.

This argument about cameras in portable media devices seems to be somewhat skewed. In my opinion, having a camera is actually a good thing. More and more these days, people are using their portable devices for more than just music, but for internet usage as well. I think it would be beneficial to be able to snap pictures and upload them to facebook from my portable device. I currently own an iPod Touch and a HTC Diamond, and I surf the net from both, but I can only do images from my phone.

That being said, not having a camera is not a show-stopper either, there are always other ways to getting images.

I'm buying the 32GB version if the leaked prices are correct... it's a steal. And I can rip my DVDs and play them on it. No need to pay for a download of them.

@ Nipun Mohta: That's the original Zune. From what I've read, the HD will support XviD and DivX, but I could be wrong.