Got Windows 7?  

553 members have voted

1. 1. How did you get Windows 7

• Beta gift from Microsoft Connect
    • MSDN/TechNet
    • I am still using the beta/Release candidate
    • By "other" means
    • I don't have Windows 7 at all

I'm still using the Release Candidate. I'll be getting a retail copy of Pro x64 as soon as I can afford it (after it releases, of course).

I got mine from technet but also ordered copies from the cheap upgrade special they hade.

I am a network tech by trade and we have 28 new machines coming in 25 in which will be windows 7 free upgrade eligible. So I use my own pc's here and at work as a test bed.

**Update**

I emailed Steven Sinofsky regarding this problem and his responce was:-

How can the President of the Windows Team not know of this offer?

There are lots of people on the Windows team. I'm sure Steven doesn't handle fulfillment himself. :)

By- "Other" -means.

And I'm completely legit.

I actually have a family friend who is management at Microsoft and will be sending me two copies.

I got mine through MSDNAA, since I'm a Microsoft Student Partner, I have about 150 keys to give away :| (to students at my University that is, don't even try)

Does MSDNAA have Windows 7 already? My schools MSDNAA doesn't have Windows 7 RTM listed...

There are lots of people on the Windows team. I'm sure Steven doesn't handle fulfillment himself. :)

Thats not what i was getting at, I was looking for information as to whether Windows 7 RTM had been listed on Micorosoft connect or if there was a backlog on availability

Will be getting a copy of Win 7 Enterprise (it's the same as Ultimate now) along with Server 2008 R2 through MSDNAA this fall.

Can't wait to try it out. I'm planning on getting just one copy - the 64-bit edition of 7 Enterprise for this lappy and dual-boot with Vista.

However, with Server 2008 R2, I'd just throw out the "R1" of it.

I got my copies of Ultimate from my work's Technet account and my Professional from my MSDNAA account. And my "Messenger crashing at bootup when pinned to the Taskbar" bug has been fixed!!!!!! They finally got tired of me sending those error reports! :D

Does MSDNAA have Windows 7 already? My schools MSDNAA doesn't have Windows 7 RTM listed...

It's up on the MSDNAA site, but not ELMS which you are probably referring to. Your school admin will be allowed to push that through on Friday.

No key by any means here, Microsoft didn't thank me, and i don't have a technet subscription. Time to see if i can save enough money to purchase a Windows 7 copy, since i no longer have a Vista CD. I get to run this RC 'till it starts kicking me off.

Edited by Ruran

I am waiting to build a new PC then I will most likely just buy it from Newegg.com or so. I am using XP at the moment. (Y)

edit: Posts: 4,400 yay

TechNet here. Downloaded Ultimate edition. Plus I signed up for the Free launch event in my state. They are giving everyone that attends a free copy of Win 7 Pro.