Advisable to disable paging file?

MS even states to increase performance make your PageFile the same as Min and Max

This is because the PF can become fragmented

Many forums state place your PF on a separate Hard Drive

This is to reduce "C" drive from continuously writing (and basically Hard Drive head movement reduction on "C" System Drive)

In both cases disabling the PF fully on "C" System Drive, can produce better performance, in respect to hard drive activity, especially when other parts of the Hard Drive are being read/written to at the same time

Is that a performance increase or just hogwash!?

That's hogwash, and I have never seen anywhere that tell you to disable your paging file to reduce disk activity. Like I stated, it may improve disk IO a bit, but a slow system is a slow system with or without paging so please kindly stop spreading FUD and get the facts.

Also, setting the paging file not to get any larger is a tweak to stop it becoming fragmented, which is actually a fault with the filesystem, not the paging file.

I've spent a couple of hours reading on many Google links about disabling the PageFile (for possible performance issues)

Although my example was really on a "slow" system, I'll now agree that disabling the PageFile offers no performance increase (on either all NT machines)

Yes there are benefits in optimizing the PageFile (size of PageFile; Separate Hard Drive location)

I now agree that disabling (through user management only) the PageFile will not increase performance

Just thought I'd let you know. Basically I prefer to learn.