[UK] E4 Misfits

E4 has commissioned a new series about teenagers with superpowers.

Comedy drama Misfits follows a group of teens who get caught in a flashstorm while on community service and find themselves saddled with strange new powers.

Party-girl Alisha (Antonia Thomas) can send people into a sexual frenzy with just one touch, hard-as-nails Kelly (Lauren Socha) can suddenly hear people's thoughts, one-time sporting hero Curtis (Nathan Stewart Jarrett) discovers he has the ability to turn back time, and painfully shy nerd Simon (Iwan Rheon) can make himself invisible.

The only member of the ASBO gang who appears unaffected by the storm is smart aleck Nathan (Robert Sheehan).

Misfits is scheduled to air later this year on E4.

[digital spy]

Edited by Rappy

Sounds interesting.

The only member of the ASBO gang who appears unaffected by the storm is smart aleck Nathan (Robert Sheehan).

He'll obviously end up with Peter Petrelli type powers....

• 2 months later...

misfits-510.jpg

Misfits follows five outsiders on community service who get struck by a flash storm and lumbered with special powers.

Hard as nails Kelly (Lauren Socha) can suddenly hear people?s thoughts, shamed sporting hero Curtis (Nathan Stewart Jarrett) discovers he has the ability to turn back time when he regrets something, and party girl Alisha (Antonia Thomas) can send people into a sexual frenzy when they touch her skin. Even painfully shy Simon (Iwan Rheon) can make himself invisible when he feels he?s being ignored, which makes it all the more hard to swallow for smart aleck Nathan (Robert Sheehan), who seems to have been unaffected, much to his dismay.

Unlike their more conventional counterparts, our misfits don?t swap their ankle tags and mobile phones for capes and tights. Instead, they discover what a pain in the arse life can be when you?re stuck with a super power you didn?t want.

• 3 weeks later...

loved the first episode (Y)

it was really no holds barred on the language which is what I love

I am going to kick you so hard in the **** your mother will feel it :rofl:

Misfits made an encouraging start for E4 last night, early viewing figures show.

The opening episode of the comedy drama, which follows teens with superpowers, drew 447k (2.8%) during the 10pm hour, with a further 166k (1.8%) tuning in on timeshift.

Also on the multichannel stations, Peter Andre: The Next Chapter put in 1.15m (5.3%) for ITV2 at 9pm, beating Sky1's latest Fringe episode, which had 562k (2.6%).

Elsewhere at 9pm, the fourth instalment of ITV1's Collision logged a respectable 6.51m (27.9%), 3.96m (16.9%) watched Crimewatch on BBC One, and Octomom: Me And My 14 Kids had 1.7m (7.3%) for Channel 4.

Defying Gravity managed 670k (2.8%) for BBC Two and Lethal Weapon averaged 1.2m (6.4%) for Five between 9pm and 11.30pm.

BBC One's Traffic Cops won the 8pm hour, bringing in 3.39m (14.4%). Its nearest rival, Channel 4's River Cottage, managed 2.71m (11.5%). The Restaurant logged 1.76m (7.5%) for BBC Two, and Five's Time Bomb Tunnel: Megastructures had 793k (3.4%).

Overall, ITV1 came top during primetime with an average share of 25.4% to BBC One's 20.9%. Channel 4 was third with 7.1% (+1: 0.9%), followed by BBC Two with 4.4% and Five's 4.2%.

Digital Spy

o.O Peter Andre: The Next Chapter got 1.15m :o

Just watched the first ep on 4oD, was quite impressed, looks like I'll have something to watch on a thursday again :)

everyone still loves peter andre it seems :|

Peter andre should have never been loved in the first place!

I watch the first episode, there was enough about it for me, so I'm going to watch the second episode.

That chav women isn't that bad, she's all bark and no bite, get rid of the accent and I'd .......

***Edit***

The anoying irish kid is played by Robert Sheehan. He was BJ in Red Riding on channel 4. WOW, he must be a good actor

Peter andre should have never been loved in the first place!

I watch the first episode, there was enough about it for me, so I'm going to watch the second episode.

That chav women isn't that bad, she's all bark and no bite, get rid of the accent and I'd .......

***Edit***

The anoying irish kid is played by Robert Sheehan. He was BJ in Red Riding on channel 4. WOW, he must be a good actor

:rofl: yeah she has some big....features :p