[UK] E4 Misfits

looks good next week!!

yeah wtf is going on there! can't wait this show surprises each week!

(Y)(Y)(Y)

Best thing on TV in ages.

agreed!

Misfits was awesome - watched it on 4oD - coz well - i fell asleep ;(

At the end, when she knocks her head and the music starts playin to the end of the trailer - anyone know what that song called?

Does anyone know when it is due to finish?

It's just I would rather watch a lot of them together and not have to wait for the next one next week.

next thursday :p

It's written by one person, generally it's very expensive to have more than one writer (as there has to be a lead writer who then normally has producer status, increased pre production getting scripts checked over and if it all fits together) So costs would go up for the same amount of viewers (ok if it's a longer series they'd could make more ad and sponser money, but if the viewing rate drops over the first series, in this case the possiblity of value for money is lower compared to a longer series where it drops off after the 4/5/6 episode makes it less value for money)

Plus this is the first series so it's a start, you never know, we could have a second series with the same bunch or a new lot.

I'm generally happy about these 6 episode run, I find everything is much more neater and paced pretty well, if you want an example of a change of format look at ITV benidrom, added one or two extra episode for and put it to an hour slot, they were able to pull it off, but at times the episodes lag a bit (Ok it wasn't the greatest of comedys to start of with it but still a good example)

If you also look at Shameless, over the series there has been an increase in episode numbers because they know the audience and figures to fit with it.

I find 6 episodes good as well. At least they don't drag the plot over numerous episodes and unnecessary seasons until they're beating a dead horse (Heroes). That's what I like about British TV, they can actually end a show without ruining it (The Office).

As for the Misfits, I just started watching it, so I'm kind of late in the game, but I'll add it's a fun show nonetheless.