[Offical] Sony GamesCom 2009 Discussion Thread

Name: GamesCom

When: August 18, 2009, 12pm-3pm ET | 11am-2pm CT | 9am-12pm PT | 5:30 P.M BST | 6:30 P.M CET

Where: Cologne, Germany

Where to find Sony GamesCom coverage:

IGN - Live Blog Coverage

GameSpot - Live Blog Coverage

EuroGamer - Live Blog Coverage

What to hopefully expect announced:

- PS3 Slim

- PS3 Backwards Compatibility with PS2 Games

- PS3 Price Cut

- Firmware 3.0

- PSP Go App Store Information

- Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on PSP

- New PSP game 'Dead Nation

- Massive LittleBigPlanet announcement

- New PSN Features/EU Video Store

- Demos of games

- GT5 Release Date

- Fun!

PS3 Slim images to date:

2crueis.jpg

mockup_matte_2x-30.jpg

Edited by Tech Star

Will be on all the live blogs and following everything...Though I expect this thread to become the best live blog, lol. I'll be posting stuff here also, dunno about the rest of you.

What ever happened to Sony showing conferences within Home? Sadly I'm working till 5.30 will have to catch a later stream.

What ever happened to Sony showing conferences within Home? Sadly I'm working till 5.30 will have to catch a later stream.

They are doing something within Home aren't they?

They are doing something within Home aren't they?

PSN is down.

It's all live blogging @ whoever asked.

Looks like we might be getting something good then if PSN is down...^^

PSN is down.

It's all live blogging @ whoever asked.

Looks like we might be getting something good then if PSN is down...^^

Oh yeah I forgot! Ah well...Eurogamer it is then

Oh yeah I forgot! Ah well...Eurogamer it is then

Well, PSN doesn't seem to be down for me, I logged in and went to the Store fine...Will it be nearer the time?

I am glad I am an owner of the MGS4 PS3 bundle which has backwards compatibility (I have an arcade 360 as well with a 120 GB HDD...2 RROD on pros...but still 360 gets more lovin' than PS3)...but anyways my 2 cents are the PS3 slim looks cheaply made and ugly! The matte plastic may not smudge like the shiny current PS3 but wow does it look poorly built and just plain unsophistocated. That does not scream high end Blu Ray player to me although the new console is suppsed to have a more mass market game console image in consumer minds I guess.

I am glad I am an owner of the MGS4 PS3 bundle which has backwards compatibility (I have an arcade 360 as well with a 120 GB HDD...2 RROD on pros...but still 360 gets more lovin' than PS3)...but anyways my 2 cents are the PS3 slim looks cheaply made and ugly! The matte plastic may not smudge like the shiny current PS3 but wow does it look poorly built and just plain unsophistocated. That does not scream high end Blu Ray player to me although the new console is suppsed to have a more mass market game console image in consumer minds I guess.

There are no official images of it yet!!